Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 05:37 PM
4 Replies, 246 Views

Old 09-07-2019, 06:18 AM   #21
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysin View Post
She went through a lot too and didn't kill herself. You know who commits suicide after being accused of something? The GUILTY.
Because there’s no way mental illness could be a factor.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #22
MusicToEat
Evil Dead

Quote:
She went through a lot too and didn't kill herself. You know who commits suicide after being accused of something? The GUILTY.
People kill themselves because they think there is no hope. It has nothing to do with innocence or guilt.
MusicToEat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:43 PM   #23
Skunk
Evil Dead

Quote:
Do us all a favor. Drive down to your nearest VFW and start sharing that opinion out loud.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:29 AM   #24
holysin
Evil Dead

Man gets accused of rape and kills himself. GUILTY.
You don't think so? that's just NUTS.
I guess you also defend Epstein. "Gee, he only killed himself because of the press and twitter and whatever. The girls are liars!" pathetic, lol.

To me it's just funny that Zoe "five guys" Quinn didn't kill herself after all the bullying most of you did. But then this guy immediately kills himself after being accused of some misconduct. So fast... so "jesus christ if somebody ever finds out I'll be fucked"
holysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:16 AM   #25
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
To me it's just funny that Zoe "five guys" Quinn didn't kill herself after all the bullying most of you did. But then this guy immediately kills himself after being accused of some misconduct. So fast... so "jesus christ if somebody ever finds out I'll be fucked"
You are comparing very different scenarios.

Zoe had an army of powerful allies in indie gaming and game journalism come to her defense immediately in official channels (in the form of articles on Gaming Sites) and on Twitter, etc. despite evidence of her misdeeds and the, at the very least, irregularities of the gaming press she was involved with.

Her life actually got significantly better almost immediately after "5 guys" thanks to trading off her victim status first as she started to receive funds through increased interest in "Depression Quest" and ultimately when she began to utilize platforms like Paetron where she earned $10s of thousands of dollars a month for a time.

Rumor has it after her accusation against Alec Holowka there was an increase to 5,000 patrons and a boost to $14,000 a month in funding before the Paetron page went to hidden status.

Then we have Alec Holowka. Someone with a history of struggling with mental issues, no allies outside of his sister, a hostile industry, as he is shunned by his peers (the indie scene is particularly Woke), and professionally as companies from his own employer and unaffiliated companies dog-piled in support of Zoe's evidence free allegations.

His future was ruined, certainly in the gaming industry, and any high tech position would certainly do a Google search on him which would bring these allegations to light. If he ever got to the point where he was doing anything significant these past allegations were sure to surface and cause problems for him and any employer.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #26
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
There are a number of factors that could have driven him to suicide aside from guilt. He was staring down the business end of the Court of Public Opinion's outrage, was about to have his name dragged through the mud (whether or not it was deserved is, of course, open for debate), and was losing his livelihood. Even the most mentally stout of us could crumble under those circumstances. Even if he was completely innocent, it would take years for him to rebuild his life after public accusations like this.

Quote:
I'm all for believing victims and their stories. I also like giving the accused a fair shake, because accusations aren't automatically ironclad.

Quote:
I guess you also defend Epstein. "Gee, he only killed himself because of the press and twitter and whatever. The girls are liars!" pathetic, lol.
Epstein's escapades were a pretty poorly-kept secret, and his horribleness was well-documented. The only question about his death is whether or not he was "suicided".

Quote:
Sure, maybe he's a giant piece of shit and didn't want to live through the ordeal. We don't know the full story, and the fact that he killed himself doesn't automatically mean he's guilty.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:29 AM   #27
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:13 PM   #28
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NESter the Unlikely View Post
Suicide is just another tool of the patriarchy to oppress and marginalize innocent beautiful womyns who din du nuffin. Clearly this guy was on track to shoot up a Gamestop before Chelsea Valkenburg heroically intervened and saved us all from another tragedy. I for one think she deserves a medal.
Not only that, his ability to provide for the oppressed via taxation has been greatly reduced. What a coward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Because there’s no way mental illness could be a factor.
My guess, he may have something else, not illegal but shameful he was hiding. Rapist don't kill themselves. They just lie.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #29
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

In all fairness the guy does look like a stereotypical creep.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #30
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Old 09-08-2019, 06:57 PM   #31
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I know this is disrespecting the dead, but the game was crap and I can't believe some sort of Internet hype machine and cute animal characters convinced me to buy it.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:37 PM   #32
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I know this is disrespecting the dead, but the game was crap and I can't believe some sort of Internet hype machine and cute animal characters convinced me to buy it.
Well, Duh. That sort of goes hand-in-hand with the "indie game" label. You're lucky you got halfway recognizable graphics instead of some blurred mash of "retro" pixel crap to go along with the esoteric gameplay.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #33
MusicToEat
Evil Dead

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/ex...falling-apart/
MusicToEat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #34
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicToEat View Post
Gee. Zoe Quinn caught in another lie. Who would have thought??? Oh, everyone. Moving on then.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:01 AM   #35
Terran
Evil Dead

That's like coming upon the scene of a car wreck caused by a drunk driver, seeing a dead body, watching the drunk walk away, recognizing the drunk for the repeat drunk driver that they are, and saying 'oh, it's just <so and so drunk>. Moving along.'

We're not surprised she's a liar. It's just a bit hard for the guy's family, friends, or the guy himself to move on now. He's kinda dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #36
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicToEat View Post
And now more updates. None of this proves anything really but it does reinforce the fact that Quinn is a crappy person.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:02 AM   #37
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
She really is a human cum stain.
Sh*t stain works as well.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #38
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

She won't care, as long as some beta soy drinking morons pad her Patreon. They'll be a special place in hell for a piece of shit like Zoe Quinn.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:59 AM   #39
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Not that we'll ever know and not that I really care. But I kind of want to know anyway if she has convinced herself she's right in all of this or if she knows she's conning everyone. I'm inclined to believe it's the former.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:35 AM   #40
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Sorry for the double post but apparently driving men to suicide does bear fruit:

Zoe Quinn to Write DC Comics’ Batman and Superman Spin-Off The Infected: Deathbringer

Also, David Jaffe weighed in on the matter and was schooled a bit. If you don't feel like clicking, he's apparently angry that people are digging into Quinn's story when they're not the cops or the law. It was then pointed out to him that she should probably have reported this story to the cops or the law then instead of blowing it out into the public herself.