Today 07:54 AM
13 Replies, 951 Views

Old 11-04-2019, 09:18 PM   #4941
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
You support a man
I support the guy who gives you the mental tremors. The fact that you can't stand him is only icing on the cake.

Quote:
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:09 PM   #4942
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Ridiculous comparison. Your quote is out of context and probably related to his ability to negotiate and not a request for anything. There is no evidence that your out of context sentence means anything like what you are suggesting.

There is no precedent for a President withholding funds from another country to force them to publicly announce a sham investigation into their political rival. It is a clear abuse of power that shouldn't go unpunished. You can try to pretend this is business as usual but this is unprecedented in US history.

I predict Trump will get impeached and the Senate will bounce it. I also think Giuliani will be charged with a crime that he is definitely guilty of in 2020.

Did you see the impeachment process formalization vote results?

Not a single Republican voted for it and two Dems defected.

That should've been nearly a unanimous vote in the YAY. There was nothing political about it. It should've passed with flying colors.

*edit -It was merely a vote to formalize the process to proceed.

Instead, it passes along party lines.

I'm sorry, but again Trump really didn't do anything wrong and this entire thing is a sham.

*Edit

Adding more, it's clear that whenever the Dems get whiff that some official is on their tail, they come out and accuse Trump of what they are doing. In every step of his presidency, they have gotten out in front of the CRIMES they have committed.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:27 PM   #4943
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Did you see the impeachment process formalization vote results?

Not a single Republican voted for it and two Dems defected.

That should've been nearly a unanimous vote in the YAY. There was nothing political about it. It should've passed with flying colors.

*edit -It was merely a vote to formalize the process to proceed.

Instead, it passes along party lines.

I'm sorry, but again Trump really didn't do anything wrong and this entire thing is a sham.

*Edit

Adding more, it's clear that whenever the Dems get whiff that some official is on their tail, they come out and accuse Trump of what they are doing. In every step of his presidency, they have gotten out in front of the CRIMES they have committed.
How is it a sham? There is no question that Trump did exactly what he is accused of.

Trump withheld millions of dollars to try to force the president of Ukraine to announce an investigation into Biden. That is an unambiguous quid pro quo and abuse of power.

What happened to all the chants of no collusion? This is obvious and blatant collusion with a foreign power.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:30 PM   #4944
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Ridiculous comparison.
Like most lefties, I tried to give a small olive branch and move the conversation ahead but you can't even take that.

Instead you have to attack attack attack.

There is no compromise with lefties not because it isn't possible but because they will have total victory, or none at all. In most cases has become NONE.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:41 PM   #4945
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Do I think what Obama did is sketchy? Yes. Worthy of a rebuke from Congress? Yes.
I agree that it was improper, but I don't agree that it is on the same level as what Trump has done with Ukraine.

Trump should be impeached, whether he should be kicked out of office for this...I'm not sure what I think yet. I want to see all the evidence and what Trump is charged with first.

I mean Clinton was impeached for lying under oath about an affair. This is much worse than that.

In my opinion the blatant violations of the emoluments are the worst thing he has done, but the public doesn't seem to care about that so whatever.

Last edited by Eats; 11-05-2019 at 12:37 AM..
Old 11-05-2019, 03:24 AM   #4946
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
This is just way too vague to be a quid pro quo. Both the quid and the quo are so nebulous and vague. Asking for "space" doesn't really mean anything, and the quo is also not clear. What did the Russians gain specifically? What did Obama gain specifically?
It's not vague at all. Asking for space doesn't mean anything? You truly are dumb.

Quote:
Was he asking Russia to hack his rivals?
Where did Trump ask Russia to hack his rivals? Come on, lets see how stupid you can get.

Quote:
Do I think it rises to anywhere near what is going on with Trump, who is actively trying to force allies into attacking his political enemies with the purse strings of government? Not even on the same level at all.
Of course this is what you think, your partisan stance rules your life. Remember, you admitted to going to parties that featured dudes lining up to gang rape women -- and kept on going to them. Why'd you admit this? You thought making such a disclosure on a gaming website's off-topic forum would some how bolster your argument against a Supreme Court nomination.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:21 AM   #4947
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
How is it a sham? There is no question that Trump did exactly what he is accused of.
He's guilty of conducting foreign policy (his JOB) and of wanting foreign interference in the 2016 election investigated (something supposedly important to the Dems until it involved their senile child Biden and his family).

He did nothing illegal and nothing improper. Keep humping that dead chicken.
Quote:
Old 11-05-2019, 08:29 AM   #4948
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
This is the left's MO, it has been for a while now. Even way prior to Donald Trump.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:32 AM   #4949
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
He's guilty of conducting foreign policy (his JOB) and of wanting foreign interference in the 2016 election investigated (something supposedly important to the Dems until it involved their senile child Biden and his family).

He did nothing illegal and nothing improper. Keep humping that dead chicken.
Didn't you know? In Communist America only progressives are allowed to even TALK to foreign leaders or make deals. Hell if Trump sneezed from a cold morons like EATS the ideological dwarf would scream impeachment.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #4950
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Beware the triggering....
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:22 PM   #4951
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post

Where did Trump ask Russia to hack his rivals? Come on, lets see how stupid you can get.
https://youtu.be/-b71f2eYdTc

That was just an example though, I didn't mean for that to be taken as an accusation against trump when I wrote it. Though he did ask Russia to produce Hillary's emails in this clip.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #4952
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:

That was just an example though, I didn't mean for that to be taken as an accusation against trump when I wrote it. Though he did ask Russia to produce Hillary's emails in this clip.
Are you fucking kidding? Those statements were so heavily laced with sarcasm I'm surprised the whole audience wasn't drenched with it.

This is why people don't take you seriously.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #4953
Terran
Evil Dead

Meanwhile, where things actually happen and matter in DC...the Senate: "Invoked, 75-18: Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #463 Danielle J. Hunsaker to be U.S. Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit"

Quote:
Old 11-05-2019, 05:29 PM   #4954
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Are you fucking kidding? Those statements were so heavily laced with sarcasm I'm surprised the whole audience wasn't drenched with it.

This is why people don't take you seriously.
In what way did that sound sarcastic? It wasn't like he did a voice or something, and at that time sarcasm wouldn't really have made much sense. That was before he was even elected.

If that can be interpreted as "sarcasm" then I guess he was just joking on the call with Ukraine, and your Obama hot mic was just more "sarcasm"

In the scheme of things I don't think it is a big deal, but pretending that was "sarcasm" is not an accurate interpretation of what happened in that video.

Perhaps it was showmanship to try to dominate the news cycle, but he said it straight.

I honestly don't even care about this though, originally I was just trying to use the idea of having a foreign actor hack a political opponent as a nonspecific example.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:07 PM   #4955
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:

Ha, so this is what you think is a rebuttal to Obama asking the Kremlin for space, assuring them he'd have more flexibility after his re-election amid a discussion about U.S. missile shield.

Lets make a comparison here:
A woman who can't remember the year that a then SCOTUS nominee was before the Senate supposedly attempted to sexually assault her, in which the witness "on her side" states she has zero memory of such a party, repeatidly changes her story, and everyone else said to have been there denies this, it's something you view as absolutely true and meaning he should be refused a seat on SCOTUS.
On the other hand, Obama is caught on an open mic and on video talking about the U.S. anti-ballistic missile system, asks the then Russian President to give a message to Putin for him and for space and assures that Russian government that he'd have more flexibility after the election, and you find this all too vague and lacking context? You claim there is no evidence of quid quo pro, because it's not like Obama asked for something (space) and offered something in return (flexibility after the election) -- oh, he did. In what context would that NOT be quid pro quo?

If a transcript comes out where Trump asks a foreign government for space and then offers them more flexibility after the election, would you dismiss it, saying it lacked context and was vague? Anyone with a brain knows you would not.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:35 PM   #4956
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Dems flip Kentucky Governor and the Virginia house. Considering what they've supported in VA with their Governor and Lt. Governor I think it was basically a lost cause but the KY Gov is a different matter and that really hurts.

People are calling this a referendum on Impeachment and each win just adds more gas to the fire.

What a country!
Old 11-05-2019, 08:41 PM   #4957
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
In what way did that sound sarcastic? It wasn't like he did a voice or something, and at that time sarcasm wouldn't really have made much sense. That was before he was even elected.
It is called context. The entire bit was about how Hillary deleted 30,000 emails AFTER she got a subpoena to retain them!

At the time with everyone talking about other state hackers Trump asking any of those hackers to pony up the "oops, deleted!" emails was actually pretty fucking funny.

What would have been funnier is if any of the possible dozen hostile state hackers who had compromised her illegal home brew server had actually produced the emails!

It doesn't take a MENSA member here to follow what happened and follow the conversation but you constantly miss the mark worse than a blind bowman trying to shoot the balls off a gnat.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:51 PM   #4958
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Dems flip Kentucky Governor and the Virginia house. Considering what they've supported in VA with their Governor and Lt. Governor I think it was basically a lost cause but the KY Gov is a different matter and that really hurts.

People are calling this a referendum on Impeachment and each win just adds more gas to the fire.

What a country!
We talk a lot about right and wrong when it comes to impeachment, but the truth is that won't decide the outcome in the Senate. If impeachment polls start breaking 55-60% that is the only real way the math could even start to make sense to republican senators. Elections like this don't bode well for Trump though.

The truth is if that happens they will be put in an impossible situation. If they vote to impeach they will get wrecked in the primaries, and maybe the general as well. Though I guess in that scenario the general will be pretty rough no matter what.

One possible outcome/bellwether I think will be if you see the R Senators attempt to delay the impeachment proceedings until after their primaries. If they try to do that then it is very possible they would actually kick Trump out of office, but I don't know. I doubt they will hold the presidency if that happens, but I guess the GOP will probably hold more total seats if they do that because they have a better shot at swing states. The truly pissed off parts of the populace are already deep red so it isn't like they will lose those seats, and once the primaries are done by the next time the Senators are up for election no one will care about this anymore.

I do think some kind of tea party 2.0 would emerge that will primary the fuck out of anyone in the GOP that is running in 2022 though, but that doesn't include Mitch McConnell, who we all know is the one at the end of the day that will be deciding whether Trump stays or goes.

This whole scenario sounds pretty insane, but politics have been pretty crazy lately so it really isn't beyond the pale. I'm not sure delaying impeachment that long is possible though. Mitch McConnell is the king of twisting the rules of the Senate into knots though.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:56 PM   #4959
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
We talk a lot about right and wrong when it comes to impeachment, but the truth is that won't decide the outcome in the Senate. If impeachment polls start breaking 55-60% that is the only real way the math could even start to make sense to republican senators.
Regardless of the validity of the reasoning behind impeachment, I am disappointed the vote will be strictly politics, rather than justice or right or wrong.

Our leaders should have the balls to do the RIGHT thing, not the political thing. And that includes kicking off impeachment in the first place. It was political not being done for the good of the country.

Hell, the Dems have been trying to impeach Trump since, literally, day 1 before they even had a chance to test out his policies.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:59 PM   #4960
Eats
Developer

Quote:
It is called context. The entire bit was about how Hillary deleted 30,000 emails AFTER she got a subpoena to retain them!

At the time with everyone talking about other state hackers Trump asking any of those hackers to pony up the "oops, deleted!" emails was actually pretty fucking funny.

What would have been funnier is if any of the possible dozen hostile state hackers who had compromised her illegal home brew server had actually produced the emails!

It doesn't take a MENSA member here to follow what happened and follow the conversation but you constantly miss the mark worse than a blind bowman trying to shoot the balls off a gnat.

So if this had happened: "What would have been funnier is if any of the possible dozen hostile state hackers who had compromised her illegal home brew server had actually produced the emails!"

Then don't you see that it wasn't really a joke? I understand why you find it humorous, but I do think that Trump wanted them to actually produce the emails if they had them. So while you maybe found it funny, the request ultimately was very real.

I don't think this rises to a crime or even "collusion" really. That is not what I'm saying. I think it is more like Obama asking for "space". Worthy of a rebuke from Congress.