1 Replies, 180 Views

Old 07-24-2016, 07:09 AM   #2761
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
If you want a war with the left, they are willing to give it to you:

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/2975...-meet-up-milo/

Good luck. I'll be leaving the country before that happens. Hope you don't die!

Milo is Alt-right for the normies. I don't follow or trust him, Hes fucking faggot. He's a useful idiot, and yes hes sick.

I don't blame you for leaving, its a fine choice. Its just not one ill be taking. Mankinds history is full of war and fighting, and yes people die. What makes me so special?

I've said this before and ill say it again. When your champions of western civilization are all dead and you are next on the chopping block, what do you do then? Continue to talk?

You dont bug me as much as you do some of the others here, i like some of your ideas but i cant help but think you are hiding behind the backs of others more brave than you so you can continue your life of pontification unhindered.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:22 AM   #2762
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
You dont bug me as much as you do some of the others here, i like some of your ideas but i cant help but think you are hiding behind the backs of others more brave than you so you can continue your life of pontification unhindered.
My personal and unsolicited take is this: I think AnCap itself is a great theory on paper, but it runs into the exact same issues we see today. Most people aren't power hungry today, but look what happens when a few are; most people aren't evil today, but look what happens when a few are; and most people want to be left to their own devices, but look what happens given the opportunity to push their views onto others.

Simply stating that "you can't" do something because it goes against the theory of AnCap is, well, akin to saying the U.S. federal government cannot do something because that goes against the rules -- rules are interpreted and then reinterpreted to for whatever purpose the powers that be wish.

Then you have the single staunch AnCap advocate - there are several self-identified AnCaps on this board -Anenome preaching his own interpretation - his own version - of AnCap. In that version, he's mirroring many of the same acts he decries the state for carrying out: military intervention in the Middle East; drone strikes; telling what people they can or cannot do on their own property; advocacy for intervening to prevent parents from doing for their children what they think is best for them, making a person intervening a hero; decrying intervention to prevent parents from doing for their children what they wish as authoritarianism, making a person intervening a villain; and a whole lot more.

It's easy to make the most outlandish claims a person can think of about their personal life, views and stances when simply posting on the internet. A person could be completely against gun ownership, claiming they believe it causes more harm than good, should be banned, and that they are principled in not owning a gun themselves... despite actually owning a gun. On the board, they may appear principled, but they aren't. In Anenome's case, he would attempt to make such a claim, being against X and declaring how principled he was, and then let it slip that he was going against his principles -- but that he was still principled. There is a grand example of that: Anenome views it to be heroic to intervene against the parent's will when it is to prevent abstinence classes.
Anenome views it to be authoritarian - villainous - to intervene against the parent's will when it is to prevent a child being married off to a pedophile.

Despite that being pointed out, with quotes of him, he declares himself principled and consistent. However, as shown by his contradicting stances, how is one an advocate for pure voluntarism while advocating acts that meet the criteria for what they declare authoritarian? It's like laws today: many people do not mind forcing laws onto others that they agree with or that simply do not - or unknowingly do - affect them.

Then there is the topic of how naive many positions of Anenome's are. Look at this latest bit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Again, if you really want to destroy the radicalism of the muslims, just destroy the Black Stone of Kaaba. A single cruise missile could do it.

They'd probably try to put another one back up as if it had survived, but not plausibly. Destroy that one too. Etc.

When you can destroy a single rock and possibly thereby kill the entire religion and radicalism with it, why kill people.
The Black Stone of Kaaba has already been broken before; it has a liner which holds it together.

Ignoring that the simple act of sending the cruise missile to such a site may require killing people, lets look at the logic here: There is no need to kill people when you can simply launch a cruise missile at the Black Stone of Kaaba, and that alone would possibly destroy not only radicalism within Islam but Islam itself.

An attack on Mecca, which is where the Black Stone of Kaaba resides, would have what sort of response from Muslims around the globe? We don't need to question what an attack on Mecca would result in, history already tells us:
Quote:
The attack was led by Juhayman al-Oteibi, a fundamentalist preacher and former member of the Saudi National Guard, and Mohammed Abdullah al-Qahtani, who claimed to be the mahdi. The two men openly called for a revolt against the Saudi monarchy, accusing it of having betrayed Islamic principles and sold out to western countries. The militants, who numbered close to 500, were well armed, their weapons, in addition to their coffin arsenal, having been stashed gradually in the days and weeks before the assault in small chambers beneath the Mosque. They were prepared to lay siege to the mosque for a long time.

The siege lasted two weeks, though it did not end before a bloodbath in underground chambers where militants had retreated with hundreds of hostages--and bloody repercussions in Pakistan and Iran. In Pakistan, a mob of Islamist students enraged by a false report that the United States was behind the mosque seizure, attacked the American embassy in Islamabad and killed two Americans. Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini called the attack and the murders a "great joy," and also blamed the seizure on the United States and Israel.

In Mecca, Saudi authorities considered attacking the hold-outs without regard for the hostages. Instead, Prince Turki, the youngest son of King Faisal and the man in charge of reclaiming the Grand Mosque, summoned a French secret service officer, Count Claude Alexandre de Marenches, who recommended that the hold-outs be gassed unconscious.
Anenome's hypothetical cruise missile attack accomplishes exactly what he claimed it would avoid: killing people. To not understand this, is to not understand cause and effect.

As for Anenome personally, besides his support for pedophilia, I enjoy his posts. The tidbit from him I quoted above offers a lot of amusement and a distraction from keeping accountability of all these Humvee keys.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:34 AM   #2763
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
When your champions of western civilization are all dead and you are next on the chopping block, what do you do then? Continue to talk?
I'm quite sure it will never come to that. The West's GDP vastly outranks the others, and higher-GDP civilizations tend to survive conflict against lower.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:17 PM   #2764
Anenome
Autarchist

The Crisis of Political Islam

The kind of repression you want to do, that you imagine would improve things, was done, in Turkey no less apparently. Didn't help.

Why? Because of democracy.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:59 PM   #2765
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
The Crisis of Political Islam

The kind of repression you want to do, that you imagine would improve things, was done, in Turkey no less apparently. Didn't help.

Your ignorance remains on full display. Turkey has a long history of coups and insurgencies. Why did any of this happen? The answer isn't democracy -- it's people. Democracy, even the kind seen in Turkey, has rules and claims to place limits on the government. Is that the true outcome? No; rules are broken and the reach of the government is seemingly - inevitably - extended. For such rules and limitations to remain absolute truths, these words on paper would require the ability to produce absolute restraint. It's clear this isn't the case. Still, it seems to be what you believe to be the case under your version of AnCap -- which cannot even survive a gaming message board before collapsing under the weight of your own contradictions.

As was made evident by your own declaration that you could invade whomever you choose to invade based on your own subjective moral and ethical views, anyone else could make such a declaration to support their acts. What would prevent Islamist groups from declaring their invasion of your property to be both morally and ethically right? Nothing. When they did this, just as you stated your intent to invade based on your subjective views, would you then turn and blame your version of AnCap, or would you turn and blame the individuals carrying out such acts? If you were consistent, which it's been objectively shown you're not many times, you would be forced to blame the system, your version of AnCap, which supported such acts. As shown by your own fantasies about imposing your will on others, it's clear that those imposing their will upon others under democracy could continue to do so under your version of AnCap.

Of course, considering you've shown your laughably poor understanding of both Islam and cause and effect as evident by your claim that breaking the Black Stone of Kaaba (already broken) via a missile strike would lead to the end of radical Islam and possibly Islam itself without requiring people to do be killed.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:17 AM   #2766
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:

LOL. You think the repression occurring in Turkey is a result of DEMOCRACY? LOL! You don't know jack about what's going on there. It's just as likely the whole 'coup' was directed behind the scenes by Erdogan himself and is a result of a push for totalitarian/authoritarian control by Erdogan and his Islamist brothers, looking for a pretext to purge institutions of opposition.

Which is exactly what they are doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #2767
Anemone
Evil Dead

Old 07-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #2768
Anemone
Evil Dead

Top 10 Reasons Why It’s Just Fine for U.S. to Blow Up Children
Quote:
Is it really necessary for me to explain to you why it’s acceptable, necessary, and admirable for the United States and its minor allies to be blowing up houses, families, men, women, and children in Syria?

This latest story of blowing up 85 civilians in their homes has some people confused and concerned. Let me help you out.

1. Somebody mistook them for ISIS fighters, determined that each of them was a continuing and imminent threat to the United States, verified a near zero possibility of any civilians being hurt in the process, and determined that some more bombing was just the way to advance a cease-fire in Syria. So this was not only an accident, but a series of unfortunate events, mistakes, and miscalculations of such proportions that they’re unlikely ever to all align again for at least a few days to come.

2. This isn’t actually news. That the United States is blowing up civilians by the hundreds in Syria has been endlessly reported and is really of no news value, which is why you don’t hear anybody at presidential conventions or on TV talking about it, and why you shouldn’t talk aboiut it either if you know what’s good for you.

3. Quite a lot of families actually got away without being blown up and are now refugees, which is truly the ideal thing to be in Syria, which is the most totally prepared place for more refugees in the history of the earth, or would be if liberal internationalist do-gooders would provide some aid and stop whining about all the bombs falling...
Old 07-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #2769
Anemone
Evil Dead

Old 07-28-2016, 03:51 PM   #2770
Anemone
Evil Dead

For whoever said military spending wasn't "half the budget," apparently the context was discretionary spending:

Old 07-28-2016, 04:02 PM   #2771
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
For whoever said military spending wasn't "half the budget," apparently the context was discretionary spending:
This was explained to you a couple of months ago.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #2772
Anemone
Evil Dead

Abolish the 'two' party system

Old 07-28-2016, 06:49 PM   #2773
Terran
Evil Dead

Should have been rainbow sherbet not vanilla, because they're shoving that cock in your bakery/flower/photographer face, buddy, and you better like it because that's what's on the menu!
Quote:
Old 07-28-2016, 07:20 PM   #2774
Anemone
Evil Dead

Old 07-29-2016, 02:40 PM   #2775
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
>snip image about morality being an "opt-out" system<
The murder still happened just like the tree that didn't get heard still fell. And the only way the moral implications would not be felt would be if the person was defective. A non-defective individual would, given enough time, collapse under the weight of guilt at their crime which would lead to mental strain they wouldn't be able to contain and become a toxic influence upon every other facet of their existence.

Even those non-defective people who end up committing heinous crimes for a "cause" feel a fatigue, just ask anyone who are exposed to terrible things or who have performed terrible deeds regularly, like a recovering gang member, though it may manifest differently. It's a breed of PTSD that comes around where people feel they have to make amends of some kind.

Not to mention the reflection upon their soul and ultimate disposition during their judgment which I believe will happen.

You aren't able to use the exception and not the rule to make sweeping judgements. You can't say all jeans are poor quality because 5% of 7 billion were sewn improperly.

Last edited by vallor; 07-29-2016 at 03:30 PM..
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #2776
Anemone
Evil Dead

"Producing laws is not an easier problem than producing cars or food, so if the government is incompetent to do a good job at producing cars and food, how do you expect it to do a good job at producing the legal system in which you are then going to produce the cars and the food."

It must be so hard to keep being a republican when Friedman hits you with logic like that. On the one hand, you must agree with me that government sucks at doing just about everything it tries, but then you have to lie to yourself when it comes to the idea of law production, an area that no republican, or others, is allowed to talk about, and if they do you simply destroy the messenger, call them unrealistic, etc., etc., whatever means of avoidance of the point you can come up with.

But still you know that it's a valid point, though you may dislike the idea of it.

---

Side note: I happened to be at the conference where Friedman gave this interview, where I attended his lecture of "Machinery of Freedom," before I had read it myself :P I walked by this being recorded at one point.

Edit: Omg! At 0:23 I'm actually in that shot, LOL.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:15 PM   #2777
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Facts are difficult for Anenome, much like the progressives he seems to believe if he continues to repeat the same bullshit intellectual dishonesty over and over it'll stick.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #2778
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
"Producing laws is not an easier problem than producing cars or food, so if the government is incompetent to do a good job at producing cars and food, how do you expect it to do a good job at producing the legal system in which you are then going to produce the cars and the food."
I don't think the Fed, or even the states are good at law making and it shows as we add something like 700,000 pages to the rule book every year nationwide. I think individuals and communities should make most laws, HOWEVER, I also think there needs to be a universal baseline.

As do you, apparently considering how you've stated you would set the baseline at the Universal Morals that you pretend aren't objective

It's also dumb to think that the rule of law is going to change every 10 feet as you walk through a neighborhood and across different property lines and someone is going to stop at each line to read and sign a complex agreement. Or otherwise remember which rules covered which stamp-sized piece of property.

It's retarded.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #2779
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
It's retarded.
This is the Cliffs Notes version of 'Ancap, defined.'
Quote:
Old 07-30-2016, 07:14 PM   #2780
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
The murder still happened just like the tree that didn't get heard still fell. And the only way the moral implications would not be felt would be if the person was defective. A non-defective individual would, given enough time, collapse under the weight of guilt at their crime which would lead to mental strain they wouldn't be able to contain and become a toxic influence upon every other facet of their existence.
Only if they believed they did something wrong and were unable to forgive themselves. Look at someone like Bernie Madoff who ruined tons of people's lives, he never broke under that knowledge. He was just hoping to die before it was found out.

Quote:
Even those non-defective people who end up committing heinous crimes for a "cause" feel a fatigue, just ask anyone who are exposed to terrible things or who have performed terrible deeds regularly, like a recovering gang member, though it may manifest differently. It's a breed of PTSD that comes around where people feel they have to make amends of some kind.
Likely caused by knowing there's people out there who would love to catch them.

But there are also psychopaths who feel no such fears at all.

Quote:
I don't think the Fed, or even the states are good at law making and it shows as we add something like 700,000 pages to the rule book every year nationwide. I think individuals and communities should make most laws, HOWEVER, I also think there needs to be a universal baseline.
I agree, and I think there should be overarching law, much like a constitution which could function as that baseline you're talking about. However, it must be opt-in, not forced on people as now.

Quote:
As do you, apparently considering how you've stated you would set the baseline at the Universal Morals that you pretend aren't objective
I'm not sure you understand the use of the term 'objective' here which means that it does not rely on human beings for existence. Ie: this rock exists objectively, because if every human being were dead it would still exist.

Human ideas, and morals, are all contingent on human beings.

Quote:
It's also dumb to think that the rule of law is going to change every 10 feet as you walk through a neighborhood and across different property lines and someone is going to stop at each line to read and sign a complex agreement. Or otherwise remember which rules covered which stamp-sized piece of property.

It's retarded.
Of course that's dumb, which is why the concept of COLA cities was developed to address that problem, the idea being to group together property owners who all accept the same law-set, and by this means you learn the rules once and can roam across the entire city without signing again every 10'. This requires the addition of a transitive clause which allows a person to contract with all people who have also agreed to the same lawset by signing with just one of them.

And the laws should be about the same level of complexity and difficulty to remember as moving between cities and states now, if not even easier, which clearly people don't have a ton of problem handling currently.