Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Picts - Waiting to...
Last post by vallor
Today 04:12 AM
18,780 Replies, 3,846,884 Views
Ghostbusters 3 Teaser...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 03:03 AM
4 Replies, 175 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 03:01 AM
5,146 Replies, 1,170,841 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by RAV
Today 02:11 AM
148 Replies, 52,106 Views
The Boys Season 2 Trailer
Last post by vivafletcher
Yesterday 11:19 PM
4 Replies, 203 Views
Borderlands 3 'Moxxi’s...
Last post by Dag-Sabot
Yesterday 11:03 PM
2 Replies, 110 Views
State of Play Announced...
Last post by alienchild
Yesterday 11:01 PM
1 Replies, 104 Views
Youtube TV - anyone...
Last post by brandonjclark
Yesterday 09:03 PM
0 Replies, 77 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #41
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
George Soros and Barbra Learner Spectre are not white.
Soros and Learner can't actually force the millions upon millions of people supporting them to support them. 60%+ (2013) of the US is considered non-Hispanic white. Self-inflected.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:27 PM   #42
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
We do though by what his post history and what he says. Reading what people say is a pretty good indication of what they believe. Words have meanings.
Absolute bull.

Teran, especially, reads about 1/4 of what I write and then fills in the rest with his personal politics. 3/4ths of Teran and Venom's posts are TELLING me what I think, and what I think is a copy paste of whatever nut job right wing blogs they subscribe to.

There have been many, MANY instances of them TELLING me what I think, when when what they are saying I think is in direct contrast to what I've been writing for the entire thread.

The problem is, when someone disagrees with them, they start throwing out their asinine right wing buzz words like "safe space", "sjw", "special snowflake" etc. and they don't pay any attention to anything the person is actually saying. That's a huge reason, I would imagine, why they remain to be idiots.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:29 PM   #43
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Absolute bull.

Teran, especially, reads about 1/4 of what I write and then fills in the rest with his personal politics. 3/4ths of Teran and Venom's posts are TELLING me what I think, and what I think is a copy paste of whatever nut job right wing blogs they subscribe to.

There have been many, MANY instances of them TELLING me what I think, when when what they are saying I think is in direct contrast to what I've been writing for the entire thread.

The problem is, when someone disagrees with them, they start throwing out their asinine right wing buzz words like "safe space", "sjw", "special snowflake" etc. and they don't pay any attention to anything the person is actually saying. That's a huge reason, I would imagine, why they remain to be idiots.
I hate to break it to you Jazzy but when you spout off the progressive playbook on a regular basis and whine that everyone is oh so racist all the time what did you want people to do? Call you a Libertarian or Conservative? Really?

It's still always been amazing to me that people that are clearly progressives never want to wear that moniker ever it seems.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:45 PM   #44
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I hate to break it to you Jazzy but when you spout off the progressive playbook on a regular basis and whine that everyone is oh so racist all the time what did you want people to do? Call you a Libertarian or Conservative? Really?

It's still always been amazing to me that people that are clearly progressives never want to wear that moniker ever it seems.
I hate to break it to you Speccy, but the problem with you people is that you are so up to your eyeballs in team sports politics that when someone has a different opinion that you do, you have to check your playbook to see what category to pigeon hole them into.

I'm a Christian. I got to church at least twice a week. When I used to WORK for a church, I was at the church 6-7 days a week. I live in Texas. I shoot guns fairly regularly. I'm pro life. My dad was a captain in the united states Army and I'm from an Army family. So how, pray tell, do I spout things from the "progressive playbook"?

My politics are middle of the road with a healthy dose of realism. The problem is, the idiots on this board don't like middle of the road. You like slanted facts, conspiracy theories and unreasonableness. You like memes and buzzwords. You like reactionary garbage and team sports politics.

Just look at this VERY THREAD for proof of that. Look at this thread title. Does it make ANY SENSE that Michel Pachter was saying that PC gamers don't like people of other races? Or is there more nuance to that story? Yet when someone steps in to comment on how the inflammatory headline isn't all-that-inflamatory, when someone comments that the world is more complicated than reactionary memes allow for, the idiots on this board shout them down, call them racists, etc.

I remember being ridiculed on this board for making the statement that "not all facts are equally valid". This is a BASIC tenet of first-day-of-school economics, statistics or marketing. Yet people on this board whoop and slap their knee about how stupid I am for... well, not being stupid.

Not EVERONE on Evil Avatar is an idiot. But the ones who are... well, people know who they are so I don't know how I keep letting myself get sucked into this.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:51 PM   #45
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Teran, especially, reads about 1/4 of what I write and then fills in the rest with his personal politics.
It's pretty rich for you, considering you block my posts and won't read any of them (thank you for honoring me in that way), to be telling others how much of your racist drivel I actually read on the boards here when I don't block ANYONE. You're pretty ballsy to think people here are so stupid as to buy into that little reality-flipping-nugget of yours, lol.

Quote:
3/4ths of Teran and Venom's posts are TELLING me what I think
You think in terms of race instinctively. By definition you're a racist. I'm not surprised you refuse to admit that, considering it's a worse pejorative than baby killer in our society (because among progressives, who cares about dead babies, right?), but your posts betray you to others quite clearly.

...
Quote:
they start throwing out their asinine right wing buzz words like "safe space",
This is also pretty rich as well, hypocrite, considering you block people so that you can stay in your protected safe space bubble. You are a great example of a progressive in that respect: Racist and tribalist in your thinking, and unable to deal with those who disagree or point out your racism and thereby retreating to your safe space (blocking others). Grow up and get over yourself.

Quote:
My politics are middle of the road with a healthy dose of realism.
LOL. You're only middle of the road on a road with two LEFT lanes.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #46
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post


You think in terms of race instinctively. By definition you're a racist.
I am SO glad you said this. You literally JUST made my day.

This is you, in your own words, admitting that you don't understand what a "racist" is.

Race EXISTS. IT IS A THING. IT AFFECTS OUR SOCIETY.

Acknowledging that the construct of race EXISTS does not make you a "racist".

Racist: a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Racism:the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

2.prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

As you have demonstrated over, and over, and over, and over again, you think you can call someone a racist just because they mention the concept of race. THAT'S NOT WHAT THE WORD MEANS.

I mean, I knew you were an idiot but my gosh... just how big of an idiot are you really?
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:08 PM   #47
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Acknowledging that the construct of race EXISTS does not make you a "racist".
I am SO glad you said this, because it proves you are a racist. You do EXACTLY as you just defined the terms of racist and racism. You INSTINCTIVELY do so in fact. Your definition:

Quote:
Racist: a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Racism:the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
You being a racist:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I AM the victim of racism nearly every single day. Like, seriously, you people have NO idea what it's like to be black...I'm not whining, THIS IS LIFE for black people.
That's a racist statement, as you defined it above. They flow from you like water from the faucet. It's natural. You're defined by recourse to race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
That is why, just like labeling people as "liberals" and "progressives", it is also problematic to talk about "black people" as though they are a monolithic group who all think and behave as a collective mass like a flock of birds.
You're a racist. You instinctively think in terms of race, you define people automatically based upon race, you circle the monolithic racial 'wagons' when it suits you while diminishing entire categories of races, then disband the wagon train when it does not suit you.

Racist is racist. News at 11.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:09 PM   #48
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I am SO glad you said this. You literally JUST made my day.

This is you, in your own words, admitting that you don't understand what a "racist" is.

Race EXISTS. IT IS A THING. IT AFFECTS OUR SOCIETY.

Acknowledging that the construct of race EXISTS does not make you a "racist".

Racist: a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Racism:the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

2.prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

As you have demonstrated over, and over, and over, and over again, you think you can call someone a racist just because they mention the concept of race. THAT'S NOT WHAT THE WORD MEANS.

I mean, I knew you were an idiot but my gosh... just how big of an idiot are you really?
Race exist solely because some people like Terran mentioned are so tribalistic they believe skin color matters and they won't let it go ever. This is why racism still exists, because people like you care so much about skin color. In the same breath you cry that you're persecuted daily. Like I've said many times, you have this huge chip on your shoulder in regards to skin color and you very much take the progressive thoughts on the topic, among other topics that you clearly follow the left on. Yay you've shot guns and are from Texas! I'm from Mass, I should be drinking the progressive kool aid should I not? Yet in reality I agree with the left on absolutely nothing.That really doesn't say much about a person's beliefs, the things they say however do. It's the same issue Anenome has when he changes what he says so often that the words he's used up to that point no longer matter because it's completely hot air.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:17 PM   #49
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I am SO glad you said this, because it proves you are a racist. You do EXACTLY as you just defined the terms of racist and racism. You INSTINCTIVELY do so in fact. Your definition:



You being a racist:



That's a racist statement, as you defined it above. They flow from you like water from the faucet. It's natural. You're defined by recourse to race.



You're a racist. You instinctively think in terms of race, you define people automatically based upon race, you circle the monolithic racial 'wagons' when it suits you while diminishing entire categories of races, then disband the wagon train when it does not suit you.

Racist is racist. News at 11.
O_o

I guess I asked "how stupid are you really?" and then you go on to explain just how stupid you really are. I didn't expect that to happen but, here it is.

As I said again, and please listen to this:

Acknowledging that race exists, is not racist.

Like, write that 100 times on a slate board or something. That's your homework.

If I say, "I am the victim of racism every day, being black" that does not make me a racist. Go back and actually read the definition of racism.

In fact, because apparently I need to talk down to you like a small child, here's a checklist:

Do I say black people are better than white people?

Do I say that ANY race is better than any other race?

Do I say that *I* am better than any other race?

So how again, by the definition of racism, am I a racist?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In all seriousness, you seem to have this philosophy "Racism does not exist. Therefore, the only reason races are affected by racism is because they bring up racism. Therefore the REAL reason racism affects people is because they bring it upon themselves, so they are the REAL racists".

That's just ignorant and stupid from 100 different angles.

Racism is scientifically proven to exist. https://www.theguardian.com/science/...genomes-darwin

Heck, study the history of evolutionary science and you will find reams of documented racism in the guise of scientific theory, all of which is currently deprecated. And let's not forget the business about the united states making it illegal for black people to read or write, or for black people to sit in the same area of the bus as white people.

So we can CLEARLY, FACTUALLY determine that racism exists.

So who in the world, in your pinhead, do you determine that a person who brings up "racism" is a racist?

Just how stupid are you really?
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #50
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Like I've said many times, you have this huge chip on your shoulder in regards to skin color and you very much take the progressive thoughts on the topic, among other topics that you clearly follow the left on.
I'VE HAD GUNS POINTED AT ME BY COPS BECAUSE I WAS BLACK.

I've had romantic relationships ended by parents because I was black.

I've had friend's parents tell their children not to hang out with me because I was black.

I was told I couldn't go to a specific school in my area because I was black.

How in the world, explain to me, is it "a chip on my shoulder" when I simply state the experience of what is to be black in America?

I KNOW Teran is an idiot, but I really feel like you can understand this. Explain to me how simply saying something exists, is a "chip". You're being ridiculous.

If I say "my commute to work is 2 hours", that's just stating a fact. That HAPPENS. It's LIFE. Stating that it HAPPENS is not a "chip".

But when idiots say that racism doesn't exist, I will ALWAYS say "yes it does". Why? BECAUSE IT DOES. That's not a "chip". IF someone says the sun is green, I'm going to say "not it's not". It's not a "chip". It's simply NOT GREEN.

RACISM EXISTS.
THE SUN IS NOT GREEN.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:25 PM   #51
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Do I say black people are better than white people?

Do I say that ANY race is better than any other race?
Racist denies racism. Your own words refute you, and answer your questions clearly as well. Reminder of your words:

"I AM the victim of racism nearly every single day. Like, seriously, you people have NO idea what it's like to be black...I'm not whining, THIS IS LIFE for black people."

"YOU PEOPLE" = racist categorization of those not of your race.
"LIFE for black people" = monolithic racist categorization of those of your race.

You are not the spokesperson for black people to declare that "YOU PEOPLE" (other racial categories) can't possibly understand racism, nor do all "BLACK PEOPLE" experience a life of racial victimization "NEARLY EVERY SINGLE DAY."

You're a racist. You monolithically lump people into racial categories to score your racially hateful and ignorant points, but you betray your own racism in the process.

Quote:
In all seriousness, you seem to have this philosophy "Racism does not exist."
Are you stupid as well as racist? I've been calling you a racist because you are a racist. I'm not calling you a unicorn. I'm calling you something that clearly exists, lol. You're an example of one.

Racist is racist. News at 11.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #52
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
"YOU PEOPLE" = racist categorization of those not of your race.
"LIFE for black people" = monolithic racist categorization of those of your race.
WRONG.

I am, and have always, said "you people" in regard to you, Venom, and the other right wing idiots this board. And when I say right wing idiots, I don't mean people who subscribe to conservative politics. I mean, specifically, you right wing nut job conspiracy theorists who posts memes, buzzwords, and talking points like brain dead idiots and who are completely unreasonable on MOST topics. Even video games.

And your other comment makes no sense at all. IF racism exists, then it affects people by the block of their race, does it not? That's the ONLY way racism exists. Thusly, when I say racism effects black people, it DOES.

You can't have it both ways, idiot. Either racism exists and thusly ALL black people are affected by racism, or else racism does NOT exist.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #53
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
IF racism exists, then it affects people by the block of their race, does it not? That's the ONLY way racism exists. Thusly, when I say racism effects black people, it DOES.
Wrong. Racism can exist systemically and/or individually. In BOTH cases, it impacts people differently, some consequentially, some only slightly, some not at all. When you declare it a reality of "LIFE for black people" you reveal your own racism in the process, because you declare a universally shared negative experience in the face of racial policies and actions of others. In fact, racial policies BENEFIT many blacks. For example, racial policies make it MORE difficult for white or Asian children to attend schools than black or Hispanic children. It's called affirmative action, otherwise known as sanctioned racism. For another example, poor whites are currently undergoing an increase in mortality unmatched by any other such crisis among ANY other group in the nation currently and only matched by the AIDS crisis, yet nothing is being done for them. For even another example, I'm quite sure the rioting crowd of blacks chasing down and beating the HELL out of whites in Charlotte are NOT the victims of racism in that circumstance. They are the perpetrators of it upon their white neighbors.

Racism is a universal human failure, to differing degrees all around the world. It is not unique to any people, it is not unique to any race (despite progressive claims to the contrary that minorities cannot be racist. A dumber thing I have rarely read than that stupid deluded rationale for minority-inspired racism). I have lived overseas, have you? I've seen it there, I've seen it here. You have no damn idea of what others have endured or endure. Like a good progressive you race to the top of victim mountain to plant your flag demanding recognition and recompense for your suffering. Suck it up, buttercup. Stop crying racism when YOU are PERPETUATING IT with your racialist posturing and postings. Check your instinctive racialist reactions and you will, if you have a conscience and/or any self-awareness at all, realize you have been behaving in a racist fashion.

As for "YOU PEOPLE," you should be careful how you toss around such racially charged language in the context of racially charged discussions. I'm sure someone stating "YOU PEOPLE" in reference to you would be met with cries of racial stereotyping, despite your own descent into racial stereotyping yourself by declaring the experience of blacks to be monolithic.

Go back to your safe space. It's safe there.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:14 PM   #54
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Wrong. Racism can exist systemically and/or individually. In BOTH cases, it impacts people differently, some consequentially, some only slightly, some not at all. When you declare it a reality of "LIFE for black people" you reveal your own racism in the process, because you declare a universally shared negative experience in the face of racial policies and actions of others.
Nonsense.

You are right that racism affects people differently, but you are dead wrong in that it can ever affect someone "not at all". If racism exists, it affects EVERYONE of that race, even if does not manifest itself materially.

For example, there are many places in the united states that black people simply cannot go. If you go to that part of the country, you are likely to experience negative racism and likely racially based violence. Thusly, even if you never go there, you are still being affected by it by your liberty being limited.

"Well there are places white people can't go!" Fine. That's irrelevant. I have never said, nor will ever say that black people cannot be racist.

But back to the topic, just the fact that SOME racists exist affects interactions with ALL people.

It's like poisoned Halloween candy. Once a child dies of poisoned Halloween candy, it affects ALL Halloween candy and the entire process of trick or treating. It doesn't matter that not ALL Halloween candy is poisoned, all Halloween candy is potentially poisoned.

This is why a threat to anyone's liberty anywhere is a threat to all liberty everywhere.

Why do I have a better idea about racism than most people? Because I'm black and grew up in a predominantly white society.

What is the statistic, in the average scenario given 100 friends, the average white person has 91 white friends and 1 black friend?

My high school class had about 5 black people and about 1400 white people. In most classes growing up, I was the only black kid in the room. In most places I've worked professionally, I am one of a few black people. I have had hundreds of white friends in my lifetime, many of them close friends. I have dated white people. I have white people in my family.

Thusly, it's not any sort of mystery to me what life is like for white people vs. what life is like for black people. Is it anecdotal? of course. But some things will always be the domain of anecdotal evidence.

Incidentally, if you want to find out what the black experience is like for white people, talk to white people who are married to black people or have adopted black children. I will argue that few if ANY of them will agree with ANY of your assessments of race and racism in our culture.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:19 PM   #56
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Nonsense.
The statement you quoted was NONSENSE? Really?

"Wrong. Racism can exist systemically and/or individually. In BOTH cases, it impacts people differently, some consequentially, some only slightly, some not at all. When you declare it a reality of "LIFE for black people" you reveal your own racism in the process, because you declare a universally shared negative experience in the face of racial policies and actions of others."

That statement is absolutely reasonable, reasoned, and correct. Your inability to recognize that shows you are hopelessly blinded by ignorance and racism.

I am not surprised. At all.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:21 PM   #57
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
The statement you quoted was NONSENSE? Really?

"Wrong. Racism can exist systemically and/or individually. In BOTH cases, it impacts people differently, some consequentially, some only slightly, some not at all. When you declare it a reality of "LIFE for black people" you reveal your own racism in the process, because you declare a universally shared negative experience in the face of racial policies and actions of others."

That statement is absolutely reasonable, reasoned, and correct. Your inability to recognize that shows you are hopelessly blinded by ignorance and racism.

I am not surprised. At all.
It's NOT correct. As I said in the second sentence, which you clearly did not bother to read, NO racism can affect someone "not at all.".
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #58
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I'VE HAD GUNS POINTED AT ME BY COPS BECAUSE I WAS BLACK.

I've had romantic relationships ended by parents because I was black.

I've had friend's parents tell their children not to hang out with me because I was black.

I was told I couldn't go to a specific school in my area because I was black.

How in the world, explain to me, is it "a chip on my shoulder" when I simply state the experience of what is to be black in America?

I KNOW Teran is an idiot, but I really feel like you can understand this. Explain to me how simply saying something exists, is a "chip". You're being ridiculous.

If I say "my commute to work is 2 hours", that's just stating a fact. That HAPPENS. It's LIFE. Stating that it HAPPENS is not a "chip".

But when idiots say that racism doesn't exist, I will ALWAYS say "yes it does". Why? BECAUSE IT DOES. That's not a "chip". IF someone says the sun is green, I'm going to say "not it's not". It's not a "chip". It's simply NOT GREEN.

RACISM EXISTS.
THE SUN IS NOT GREEN.
Nobody said racism didn't exist. If that's what you think has been said, you need to learn how to read. What's said to you is that you're seeing racism everywhere, without regard to it existing or not in that actual instance. Do you not understand the difference?

Since you blame seemingly everything on racism, I question the validity of your claim that the cops pointed guns at you simply because of the color of your skin. On the topic of black men being killed by police: A police officer is 18.5x as likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer. Despite the reality shown by that stat, people with your opinion seem to believe that cops have declared open season on black Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
If I say "my commute to work is 2 hours", that's just stating a fact. That HAPPENS. It's LIFE. Stating that it HAPPENS is not a "chip".
A two hour commute is objectively measurable. Claiming that the intro to SF is racist or that the PC Master Race joke is racist is not. You simply do not understand the difference, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Teran, especially, reads about 1/4 of what I write and then fills in the rest with his personal politics. 3/4ths of Teran and Venom's posts are TELLING me what I think, and what I think is a copy paste of whatever nut job right wing blogs they subscribe to.
More than half of my response to your racism was of verbatim quotes from you. You claim positions and now you're upset that people are pointing out those positions you voluntarily assumed?

You most certainly seem to have a chip on your shoulder. You treat whites and blacks as monolithic groups -- then you cry foul when you feel someone else is doing so:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
That is why, just like labeling people as "liberals" and "progressives", it is also problematic to talk about "black people" as though they are a monolithic group who all think and behave as a collective mass like a flock of birds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I AM the victim of racism nearly every single day. Like, seriously, you people have NO idea what it's like to be black. I don't understand why you are so insanely convinced that black people are simply making it all up?


Not all racism is the crimes. Sometimes it's as simple as someone crossing the street when they see you or stepping out from behind the counter to watch you you walk through a convenience store. It's as simple as making a youtube video talking about games and having a comment section where people call you a nigger for absolutely no reason. It's about bizarre things like, in school, being in an art class where everyone draws self portraits and puts them in the hallway only to come to school and find yours has been defaced with racial slurs.

I'm not whining, THIS IS LIFE for black people. You can plug your ears and tell yourself that black people are just making it all up, but for the people who actually live it, it's OBVIOUS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
But not everyone can AFFORD to have opinions like that. THAT is, in essence, white privilege.
You'd claim that your life, in which you're the victim of racism every single day, is life for black people as if black people were some monolithic group. You subscribe to white privilege, a monolithic view of whites. You're a racist, Jaz.

What makes it a chip on your shoulder is that you've got this grand idea that the PC Master Race deal was actually "is very internally invoking racism." You felt the SF II intro was "very disturbing" due to what you felt was - take a wild guess - racism. Speedy Gonzales? You declared it racism that a Mexican mouse was constantly defeating an American cat. You issued a challenge to Terran to start a white advocacy group, when he replied that a National Association for the Advancement of White People would be attacked for being about advocating on the behalf of whites, you did exactly what he said would happen -- you attacked the idea after challenging him to start such a group.

Then you complain about right-wing blogs as you post.... Huffington Post blogs in the very same thread.


12% of whites and hispanic killings are attributed to cops; 4% of black killings are attributed to cops.
Blacks are roughly 13% of the population ;26% of police shooting victims are black. Hey that means they're racists, right? Nope.
Blacks are 15% of the population in the 75 largest counties in the U.S.; they're charged in 62% of all robberies, 57% of murders, and 45% of assaults.
In NYC, over 75% of shootings are attributed to blacks; blacks are 23% of NYC's population.
Whites in NYC commit less than 2% of all shootings; whites are 34% of NYC's population.
January - July there were over 2,300 people shot in Chicago. The majority of victims, by far, are black; during the same period, Chicago PD shot 12 people (1/2 of 1% of all the shootings) -- all of whom were reportedly armed.
Pro-active policing is largely attributed with reducing crime rates, and the reduction of that strategy, often referred to as the Ferguson Effect, has resulted in rising murder rates in many cities.
Yet while black Americans are killing each other at alarming rates, we're told that it's this monstrosity called systemic racism that has resulted in cops just mowing down black men for the hell of it (don't tell anyone that many of these police shootings actually involve black cops).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
It's NOT correct. As I said in the second sentence, which you clearly did not bother to read, NO racism can affect someone "not at all.".
Really? You said that monolithic group white people weren't effected by racism because "white privilege." Feast your eyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I would argue that you don't find White Chicks offensive because you simply do not care. It doesn't affect you one way or the other. Your life is no different after white chicks than it was before. White Chicks has not affected your life in any way. So why SHOULD you care? You are absolutely right.

But not everyone can AFFORD to have opinions like that. THAT is, in essence, white privilege.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:41 PM   #59
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
It's NOT correct. As I said in the second sentence, which you clearly did not bother to read, NO racism can affect someone "not at all.".
Utter nonsense. Racialist policies in fact benefit many blacks. Additionally, not all blacks suffer the racism you describe of as daily "LIFE for black people." It is completely ridiculous to declare as universally true a singular experience for ANY race in a nation of over 300 million people. Only a fool would try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
<links, links, links on transracial adoption>
Your links are peppered with racist posturing such as this little nugget:

"Having a “token black friend” at work doesn’t make you less racist...So quit using that to convince yourself you treat and look at black people the same way you look at your own kind "

Racist posturing on your part and theirs doesn't do anyone any good. I have numerous friends who are currently part of the transracial adoption community. Their experiences have been wonderful and not filled with racial recriminations for others.

How about a source on transracial adoption that actually has some objective legitimacy eh? Transracial adoption.

Quote:
Unfortunately, our society is rife with prejudicial attitudes, expressions, and actions. Prejudice not only comes in many different forms, it goes in many directions. Whatever one’s skin color or heritage, one has likely been exposed to some form of prejudice. Obviously, Blacks are and have been uniquely affected by prejudicial attitudes, expressions, and behaviors. However, skin color is not the only function of a person’s likelihood to encounter prejudicial behaviors. Geography, economics, and demographics each play a part in determining the nature of the prejudicial actions that one has been victimized by. The nature of the prejudice encountered may also be important in determining one’s methods for dealing with prejudice.
You argue for a monolithic experience of racism when that is NOT reality. It merely reveals you for a closeminded racist whose interpretations of the world and others' experiences in it hue to a racialist posturing that boxes them into walls of your own making. The world is bigger than you. Not everyone agrees with you, including not all black people in their experiences in America.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:56 PM   #60
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Nobody said racism didn't exist. If that's what you think has been said, you need to learn how to read. What's said to you is that you're seeing racism everywhere, without regard to it existing or not in that actual instance. Do you not understand the difference?

Since you blame seemingly everything on racism, I question the validity of your claim that the cops pointed guns at you simply because of the color of your skin. On the topic of black men being killed by police: A police officer is 18.5x as likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer. Despite the reality shown by that stat, people with your opinion seem to believe that cops have declared open season on black Americans.

A two hour commute is objectively measurable. Claiming that the intro to SF is racist or that the PC Master Race joke is racist is not. You simply do not understand the difference, apparently.


More than half of my response to your racism was of verbatim quotes from you. You claim positions and now you're upset that people are pointing out those positions you voluntarily assumed?

You most certainly seem to have a chip on your shoulder. You treat whites and blacks as monolithic groups -- then you cry foul when you feel someone else is doing so:

You'd claim that your life, in which you're the victim of racism every single day, is life for black people as if black people were some monolithic group. You subscribe to white privilege, a monolithic view of whites. You're a racist, Jaz.

What makes it a chip on your shoulder is that you've got this grand idea that the PC Master Race deal was actually "is very internally invoking racism." You felt the SF II intro was "very disturbing" due to what you felt was - take a wild guess - racism. Speedy Gonzales? You declared it racism that a Mexican mouse was constantly defeating an American cat. You issued a challenge to Terran to start a white advocacy group, when he replied that a National Association for the Advancement of White People would be attacked for being about advocating on the behalf of whites, you did exactly what he said would happen -- you attacked the idea after challenging him to start such a group.

Then you complain about right-wing blogs as you post.... Huffington Post blogs in the very same thread.


12% of whites and hispanic killings are attributed to cops; 4% of black killings are attributed to cops.
Blacks are roughly 13% of the population ;26% of police shooting victims are black. Hey that means they're racists, right? Nope.
Blacks are 15% of the population in the 75 largest counties in the U.S.; they're charged in 62% of all robberies, 57% of murders, and 45% of assaults.
In NYC, over 75% of shootings are attributed to blacks; blacks are 23% of NYC's population.
Whites in NYC commit less than 2% of all shootings; whites are 34% of NYC's population.
January - July there were over 2,300 people shot in Chicago. The majority of victims, by far, are black; during the same period, Chicago PD shot 12 people (1/2 of 1% of all the shootings) -- all of whom were reportedly armed.
Pro-active policing is largely attributed with reducing crime rates, and the reduction of that strategy, often referred to as the Ferguson Effect, has resulted in rising murder rates in many cities.
Yet while black Americans are killing each other at alarming rates, we're told that it's this monstrosity called systemic racism that has resulted in cops just mowing down black men for the hell of it (don't tell anyone that many of these police shootings actually involve black cops).


Really? You said that monolithic group white people weren't effected by racism because "white privilege." Feast your eyes:
I'm not going to weed through al this garbage, but you as-per-usual, misquote or misattribute many things that I've said.

In regard to White Chicks, *I* said that White Chicks WAS racist. The subject at hand was not caring that White Chicks was racist. The fact that some people can afford not to care about racism was my entire point.

It's like the price of vending machine sodas going up. There is a salary point at which a drink going up 25 cents is irrelevant to a person's budget. For other people who make less, it's a significant change that will impact their spending habits. The people in the first group can literally afford not to care.

Racism is of no consequence to people who live in a mono-culture. Alaska is, what, 75% white and 5% black? Many of the rest being native people who keep to themselves? A majority of that scale can literally afford not to care about racism. It does not affect or impact them in any meaningful way.

I neither claimed the PC Master Race "joke" was racist nor did I say that the intro to SF was racist. I said that the intro to SF could be PERCEIVED to be that way. And as I believe I said at the time, it's a proven FACT since you can go to Youtube pages hosting the intro and see an endless stream of comments relating to the fact that a white guy is punching out a black guy.

As for the PC Master Race "joke", my original comment and every comment after was based on the racial and racist connotations of the PC Master Race comment, a point which is FACT and SUPPORTED by Yahtzee himself explaining what he meant by it.

I'm not a racist for stating that a joke about racists is related to racism. Apparently idiots on this board simply didn't know what the Master Race was, which is just mind boggling.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dumbass, michael patcher, pc gaming

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 AM.