No Man's Sky Next Trailer
Last post by Skunk
Yesterday 07:59 PM
4 Replies, 611 Views

Old 11-27-2017, 06:33 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The Dead Can Dance as Coco wins the Weekend Boxoffice Chart #Coco #CyberMonday

Pixar's Coco sang its way to the fourth best Thanksgiving weekend ever with an estimated $71.2 million over the five-day weekend, a total that easily toppled Warner Bros.' Justice League.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of November 24th to November 26th, 2017.
  1. Coco $49.0/$71.1
  2. Justice League $40.7/$171.5
  3. Wonder $22.3/$69.4
  4. Thor: Ragnarok $16.7/$277.4
  5. Daddy's Home 2 $13.2/$72.6
  6. Murder on the Orient Express $13.0/$74.2
  7. The Star $6.8/$22.0
  8. A Bad Moms Christmas $5.0/$59.7
  9. Roman J. Israel, Esq. $4.5/$6.2
  10. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri $4.4/$7.6
  11. Lady Bird $4.0/$10.7
  12. The Man Who Invented Christmas $1.3/$1.7
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:43 AM   #2
Meeks
Evil Dead

In Fantasy Movie League, I liked Wonder to repeat as best picture, but it looks like it's going to be Murder on the Orient Express, which I had in a couple lineups a toyed around with prior to the Friday morning deadline. I correctly avoided Coco this week as weekend box office earnings would have had to be astronomical to justify its per-screen price.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #3
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

The Man who Invented Christmas got whooped. Was it only put out in limited release or something?
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
The Man who Invented Christmas got whooped. Was it only put out in limited release or something?
It was only on 500 screens, which is significantly fewer than Coco or Justice League.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

Coco was a blast. I saw it in the most amazing theater I've ever been to in my life. Assigned reclining seats (huge) with leg rests, rows with a low wall on either side, room to move past fellow movie-goers without them moving an inch, swivel table space with built-in cup holder...oh my gosh, it was amazing.

Oh, and again, the movie was very sweet, very colorful, and fun. Kids loved it. So did I. The Frozen short, on the other hand, was...lame.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #6
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

I read that there's about an hour of previews before Coco. Not sure if that's everywhere, or just specific theaters. But, can you imagine that nightmare; A theater packed with restless toddlers for that long? Paying full ticket price to be subjected to an hour of advertisements? No thanks.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:59 PM   #7
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Coco was a blast. I saw it in the most amazing theater I've ever been to in my life. Assigned reclining seats (huge) with leg rests, rows with a low wall on either side, room to move past fellow movie-goers without them moving an inch, swivel table space with built-in cup holder...oh my gosh, it was amazing.
Did this theater take Movie Pass? It seems like any theaters around me doing weekend openings on reserved seating aren't Movie Pass participants; I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact I won't be seeing most AAA weekend opening movies once I start using Movie Pass. After all, isn't movie pass for spur of the moment viewings?

I'm surprised this is the first theater you've seen with these features. I rarely go to regular theaters these days (though Movie Pass will change that). Almost all the ones I've gone to in the last 8 years have been this way. Some even give you blankets if you get a little chilly and have hollow arm rests for storing handbags or jackets.

Others serve you at your seat and you press a button to order food or get refills during the movie. Granted you pay a price for this. A date at one of the real fancy pants theaters can run $150 if you get drinks at the theater but there's nothing like getting a nice scotch or sissy drink like a mojito while watching a good movie.

Plus there are so many fewer seats, maybe 100 per theater you don't get nearly the noise and annoying chatter. Night showings aren't that much more expensive at most of the middle of the road ones at ~$20 per ticket but shows before noon are still cheap at ~$8.50 per adult.

I hope Movie Pass is worth it, I am going to miss reserve seating.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:33 AM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I read that there's about an hour of previews before Coco. Not sure if that's everywhere, or just specific theaters. But, can you imagine that nightmare; A theater packed with restless toddlers for that long? Paying full ticket price to be subjected to an hour of advertisements? No thanks.
I've seen some anecdotal chatter on reddit regarding this; it seems like there are a few more previews than normal, which is exacerbated by an animated short that runs a little too long. People are bitching about a 20-minute short, essentially.

There may be ~45 minutes worth of stuff before the movie starts, but it's not all previews.

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart