Pedro Pascalís...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 03:02 PM
4 Replies, 873 Views

Old 08-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

New Fallout 76 Features Videos

I suspect I will be skipping this title, which will be the first Fallout title I have ever skipped on purchasing. It just seems like they are going down the old Electronic Arts route of "add multiplayer to everything" no matter how bad of an idea that is.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #2
alienchild
Subscriber

Apart from Brotherhood of Steel (console game, not tactics) this is the first one I will be skipping. Simply not interested in an online game. Too bad they didn't have a New Vegas'esque derivative DLC/expansion/sequel this time. Then again Fallout 4 did a LOT wrong so maybe that might have been some of the reason I have no interest in F76.
alienchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
Antdude
Evil Dead

The more I see and hear, the less I like about this title, and now, the game won't even be released on Steam, it'll be on Bethesda's separate launcher for a single game(although over time, I've no doubt they'll add Doom, Quake, ESO, Rage, etc to it) yet another attempt to limit their games to their own portal. Add that to the list of "features" no one asked for, and it's just another reason to look for another pastime to spend my money on. I have lots of books to catch up on...

Let's see where this game is, a year from now.
Antdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:45 PM   #4
Skunk
Evil Dead

I absolutely agree with the above sentiments and I am also in the camp of "this is the first FO title I won't own".... but!

I'm actually glad they made this title so long as Fallout 5 eschews all the stupid base building and community survival horseshit that clogged up Fallout 4. I liked 4 an awful lot for a few reasons, but two things kept me from finishing it (and likely ever re-installing) it. First is that I thought the weapons design was fucking awful (and crafting was part of that) and the second was the whole "you gotta build it and save them" aspect.

Oh, and how it took place 200 years after the war but everyone was living like Fallout 1. 200 years... and they have the benefit of electricity. We went from Tea Parties to girls on Instagram in 200 years.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:22 PM   #5
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Eh, 3 was the last one I had fun in, NV and 4 just felt very copy and paste. This series needed a change. I am pretty excited to play with with a few of my buddies.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:14 AM   #6
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

Ditto for me, unfortunately. I really liked 4. The story didn't grab at you, but I enjoyed exploring and there was a lot to do. Two of the DLCs were excellent, and one was pretty good. Didn't care for base-building, so I made a bare-bones shelter (dog rescue, really) and that was it.

But I don't need or want multi-player in Fallout. If I want to play with friends, I have 10,000 titles that will help me do that. If I want to play a solo game, I'm running out of options. I hope 5 ends up being a return to form.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fallout 76