First Avengers Endgame...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 08:38 AM
18 Replies, 1,030 Views

Old 06-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Solo Tumbles in Week 2, Holds onto Top Spot

Solo slumped 65% in it's second weekend, still barely managing to hold onto the top spot on the Weekend Boxoffice Chart.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of June 1st to June 3rd, 2018.
  1. Solo: A Star Wars Story $29.3/$148.9
  2. Deadpool 2 $23.1/$254.5
  3. Adrift $11.6/$11.6
  4. Avengers: Infinity War $10.5/$643.0
  5. Book Club $7.0/$47.5
  6. Upgrade $4.6/$4.6
  7. Life of the Party $3.5/$46.3
  8. Breaking In $2.8/$41.3
  9. Action Point $2.3/$2.3
  10. Overboard $1.9/$45.4
  11. A Quiet Place $1.7/$183.5
  12. Show Dogs $1.5/$14.6
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:16 PM   #2
Azzy
Cthulian

A star wars movie made less money on it's second week out but stayed number 1? Fucking news flash.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
A star wars movie made less money on it's second week out but stayed number 1? Fucking news flash.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ox-office-flop

Nice try. This shit is jank fan fic. Either that or its a masterpiece but the public is too retarded to go see it. Ill never watch it either way.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #4
Skunk
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Nice try. This shit is jank fan fic. Either that or its a masterpiece but the public is too retarded to go see it. Ill never watch it either way.
It's neither; what it is is the first movie to follow TLJ.

Which is why you aren't seeing it and why so many others aren't either.

Oh, and the guy who plays Solo is a bad fit (but he doesn't sink the movie).
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:33 PM   #5
Kawika
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
It's neither; what it is is the first movie to follow TLJ.
^ This is the reason why I didn't see it.

Also, I can count the times on zero fingers that I ever cared about the origin story for Han. I would have liked to see another movie in this time period with a Han and Chewie cameo.

Actually, I think that is why Rogue One worked for me. It was familiar but I had no knowledge of any of the characters. Also had my favorite totally-not-a-Jedi-Jedi.
Kawika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:08 PM   #6
GinRummy
Evil Dead

Next up is Luke Skywalker's origin story. See him bullseye wamp rats in his T-16, watch him fix moisture vaporators and drink blue milk. See him bum around with his fellow delinquent Biggs Darklighter while pretending to buy power converters. And never ever get out of that gods-forsaken place! The digital recreation of Old Man Kenobi gets a surprise guest spot.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:41 AM   #7
Azzy
Cthulian

I have zero intention of seeing this movie in any form that I have to pay for outside of like, electricity. We're now at a point where the horrible SW movies are > the great SW movies.
And I agree, I already know Solo's backstory, I don't have to see it happen. I was never that into the character to begin with.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:02 AM   #8
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I thought Kylo Ren's review of Solo was pretty funny. I don't plan on watching the movie so I watched this.

Vote with your wallet and watch Deadpool 2 instead. If you've already seen it, go see it again!

SPOILER ALERT:

DON'T WATCH THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO WATCH THE MOVIE OR DON'T WANT SPOILERS.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:18 AM   #9
LostToys
Evil Dead

That video was excellent. Like watching a Drunk History episode about Han Solo.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:28 AM   #10
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

By the way, am I the only one who thinks Rogue One was overrated? It was decent and I did like the kung fu not-Jedi and his machine gun buddy but without the Vader scene at the end, I think the movie would have been forgettable. SW movies need better characters. Aside from the two I mentioned, I couldn't care less about the rest. And this isn't really her fault but I just can't get into Felicity Jones at all. She has the face of a defiant chipmunk.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:44 AM   #11
Juan
Evil Dead

New Hope and Empire are ok (8/10) movies, every single other star wars movie is poor.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #12
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Well here' s a helpful tip for Disney

Spoiler:
Maybe don't make origin movies about a character after you brutally murder them? Just saying.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #13
actusoul
Evil Dead

I saw the movie and enjoyed it. I went with 7 people and everyone had a great time. I am a star wars fan since day 1. Maybe I am older than most in this forum but you either have star wars movies or you don't. I am glad they are making these films.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:11 AM   #14
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

I'm glad it's crashing and burning. I saw that they might lose 500 million bucks on this. I had hope that Disney might change course, but knowing SJW's and how they always double down that hope quickly faded. They will continue making crappy deconstructions of the original characters and every line they said will have a movie attached to it.

Star Wars is dead. This 4 billion franchise will fail to be a box office hit from now on.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:19 AM   #15
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
I'm glad it's crashing and burning. I saw that they might lose 500 million bucks on this. I had hope that Disney might change course, but knowing SJW's and how they always double down that hope quickly faded. They will continue making crappy deconstructions of the original characters and every line they said will have a movie attached to it.

Star Wars is dead. This 4 billion franchise will fail to be a box office hit from now on.
Yeah, that's my gut feeling. The ever-shrinking hopeful side of me wants to see them turn it around with a really good Netflix show or movie that takes places way outside the current setting. Something like Knights of the Old Republic. Or if that's too far removed try introducing Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces. Just enough with the shitty identity politics so few people care about. Enough with the rehashes of previous movies. If the average dummy millennial is the target audience then Disney is in for a rude awakening as their numbers continue to shrink.

Last edited by Mad Max RW; 06-05-2018 at 11:37 AM..
Mad Max RW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:25 PM   #16
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post
I saw the movie and enjoyed it. I went with 7 people and everyone had a great time. I am a star wars fan since day 1. Maybe I am older than most in this forum but you either have star wars movies or you don't. I am glad they are making these films.
To be fair, you seem to enjoy almost every movie you see. I'm not saying that to knock you. Good on you for enjoying what you spend your money on.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #17
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

An interesting take. I can't say if it's true or not but the conclusions seem reasonable to me:

Solo: Garbage Shoot
Old 06-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #18
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

I rolled my eyes when news broke about a Han Solo origin movie. I just think it's unnecessary.

I really wish Disney would take a chance and make an EU movie, without the characters everyone already knows. I realize Rogue One is close to that, but it still takes place in the timeline of the original trilogy, so I don't count it.

I'm talking about some KOTOR type stories, you know? Like, show us the origin of the Sith and Jedi perhaps. Or anything that is far removed from the known SW universe. But, I know they won't, so I'll just continue to skip all future SW movies.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:56 PM   #19
actusoul
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
To be fair, you seem to enjoy almost every movie you see. I'm not saying that to knock you. Good on you for enjoying what you spend your money on.
Chief, I rarely go to the movies. If I go with the family then we will pick a movie that we are looking forward too. If I go by myself, then its a movie that I am anticipating. This is why I am rarely disappointed.

FYI, I didn't like The Force Awakens (REHASH!!) and I thought the prequels were average but I liked the political aspect.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:07 PM   #20
Rommel
International Playboy

I actually think Rogue One is the second best Star Wars film, after Empire Strikes Back. I enjoyed seeing a movie that included reference to the space religion without directly including the magical laser sword wizards and instead featured actual warfare conducted by sides, each of which featured members of questionable moral compasses.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart