Last post by Skunk
Yesterday 08:04 PM
7 Replies, 1,184 Views

Old 06-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #21
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I actually think Rogue One is the second best Star Wars film, after Empire Strikes Back. I enjoyed seeing a movie that included reference to the space religion without directly including the magical laser sword wizards and instead featured actual warfare conducted by sides, each of which featured members of questionable moral compasses.
Yeah, this is one of the reasons why I liked Rogue One as much as I did.

It has become one of my favorites since release.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:56 PM   #22
actusoul
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I actually think Rogue One is the second best Star Wars film, after Empire Strikes Back. I enjoyed seeing a movie that included reference to the space religion without directly including the magical laser sword wizards and instead featured actual warfare conducted by sides, each of which featured members of questionable moral compasses.
I will watch Rogue One again. I only watched it once and I am trying to recover from the Force Awakens.

Star Wars is my favorite and will never move. I was eight and it really made me feel what was in my head, was now on the screen (visually). It was 1977 so if you saw the graphics, it was INCREDIBLE. The younger generation are used to it and are not impressed.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:00 AM   #23
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

More is leaking about Kathleen Kennedy's impending departure. Allegedly she is stepping down as Lucasfilm President as early as September when her successor will be announced.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:08 AM   #24
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
More is leaking about Kathleen Kennedy's impending departure. Allegedly she is stepping down as Lucasfilm President as early as September when her successor will be announced.
this is great news. But, at this point they have to get rid of everyone involved. Because she probably hired like minded people. That means the cancer has spread and just removing her won't do the job.

ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:27 AM   #25
Kawika
Dread Lord

A friend invited me to go to the show last night. I wanted to see Deadpool 2 but they wanted to see Solo. Luckily, I had enough rewards to buy a ticket to see the movie (and not actually spend my own money on it).

Long story short. My expectations were so low that I was surprised that I enjoyed much of it. I don't really feel like the actor captured Han well but there was enough action to keep me going. As a fan of the Clone wars and Rebels TV shows there was enough Easter eggs in the movie to keep me going.

I thought TLJ ruined Star Wars forever, at least this movie wasn't nearly as bad. I didn't feel like either Han or Lando felt like the characters we knew. The best compliment I can give this movie is that is felt like it belonged in the Star Wars universe. I honestly felt like TLJ didn't in a lot of ways. The funny thing is, if you took Han, Chewie and Lando out of this movie and replaced them with other characters, this movie probably would have worked just as well, if not better.

Not all is bad in Star Wars but I still think its time for new leadership.
Kawika is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart