Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Stephen King’s Doctor...
Last post by Mad Max RW
Today 01:08 PM
22 Replies, 633 Views
PC Engine CoreGrafx mini...
Last post by EL CABONG
Today 10:39 AM
9 Replies, 457 Views
Torchlight II - E3 2019...
Last post by Juan
Today 09:42 AM
14 Replies, 940 Views
The Division 2 Free...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 09:18 AM
15 Replies, 733 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by Kreigmstr
Today 06:39 AM
13 Replies, 307 Views
Pure Evil - And the...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 05:32 AM
19 Replies, 1,207 Views
The Face of Twitch,...
Last post by Mad Max RW
Today 04:53 AM
22 Replies, 2,727 Views
Free game on GOG:...
Last post by AlfredT
Yesterday 10:31 PM
0 Replies, 199 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2019, 07:21 AM   #101
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
The guy is being completely decent to you and you just will not have it. How can one person be so resistant to trying something new?
I'm being mostly decent to him too, don't get your panties bunched up. No desire to play nintendo IP, no desire to own another tablet. No desire to buy a Switch at all. There's no reason to.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:44 AM   #102
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I'm being mostly decent to him too, don't get your panties bunched up. No desire to play nintendo IP, no desire to own another tablet. No desire to buy a Switch at all. There's no reason to.
Get a switch and give me your gat damn friend code. Hardcore gamer who doesn't play kiddie games, come at me at Smash, braj! That game should be a joke for you. You'll beat me every time, because you've mastered those boring kiddie games decades ago
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:17 AM   #103
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Get a switch and give me your gat damn friend code. Hardcore gamer who doesn't play kiddie games, come at me at Smash, braj! That game should be a joke for you. You'll beat me every time, because you've mastered those boring kiddie games decades ago
Only if you're buying. Like I said I have a decent PC, I have a PS4, I have 2 tablets, there is zero reason for me to own an underpowered tablet for Nintendo IP that I stopped caring about 20+ years ago. Waste of money.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:47 PM   #104
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Only if you're buying. Like I said I have a decent PC, I have a PS4, I have 2 tablets, there is zero reason for me to own an underpowered tablet for Nintendo IP that I stopped caring about 20+ years ago. Waste of money.
Alrighty man Suit yourself!

I won't say anything more to you about it. Case closed. I understand.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #105
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Case closed.


lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:19 PM   #106
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post


lol.
Lol i can't win with you @#%@ looney tunes.

Anyone playing Division 2? I got it with my video card - pretty excited for it, surprisingly.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:01 AM   #107
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Lol i can't win with you @#%@ looney tunes.

Anyone playing Division 2? I got it with my video card - pretty excited for it, surprisingly.
Yes and it's fucking brilliant.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:51 PM   #108
Jigfrog
Squire
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
I backed this game on Kickstarter. Still have the collectors edition unopened, because they gave everyone digital copies due to delays.

The game SUCKS. I am a huge Ft13th fan, which is why I backed it immediately, but there has never been one time where I enjoyed playing this game. Don't get your hopes up that the Switch version will be good.

Play Dead by Daylight instead, it's awesome and pray they bring that to the Switch. They can't even add content to Ft13th because of legal issues with the ownership of the IP.
This. Play Dead By Daylight instead.
Jigfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:32 AM   #109
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Yes and it's fucking brilliant.
Cant wait man! Counting the days, really. I never got around to playing the first, so the series will be totally fresh for me too.

Also got around to playing my first Madden game in 6 years or so. I used to buy it yearly religiously, and became pretty disheartened with the AI. The AI used tricks and gimmicks rather than simulating skill. It was almost RNG. I actually enjoyed All Pro Football 2k8 more than Madden at the time. Real fluid pockets formed, and players responded pretty naturally to stuff. I'm still not sold on Madden yet. There have been some improvements, particularly in controlling how a WR goes up for the ball, rather than it being just...obvious pure RNG, but I can still see where animations take over early, and something is sort of pre-scripted to happen that ends out changing the outcome of the game. I'll need more time with it. It's definitely evolved though.

So between Madden 19 and Division 2, should be set for a while. I might even ignore my shitty, garbage, under powered kid toy Nintendo Switch for a while
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #110
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Cant wait man! Counting the days, really. I never got around to playing the first, so the series will be totally fresh for me too.

Also got around to playing my first Madden game in 6 years or so. I used to buy it yearly religiously, and became pretty disheartened with the AI. The AI used tricks and gimmicks rather than simulating skill. It was almost RNG. I actually enjoyed All Pro Football 2k8 more than Madden at the time. Real fluid pockets formed, and players responded pretty naturally to stuff. I'm still not sold on Madden yet. There have been some improvements, particularly in controlling how a WR goes up for the ball, rather than it being just...obvious pure RNG, but I can still see where animations take over early, and something is sort of pre-scripted to happen that ends out changing the outcome of the game. I'll need more time with it. It's definitely evolved though.

So between Madden 19 and Division 2, should be set for a while. I might even ignore my shitty, garbage, under powered kid toy Nintendo Switch for a while
I liked the first Division, it was flawed but fun, this one however omg did they learn from their mistakes, so much to do, side quests feel like full story plot quest, they have an end game planned out and free content for EVERYONE for the first year of the game. There are so many neat systems that are going on with this game from factions fighting each other for territory, to upgrading settlements as you do quests, side quests and projects and seeing that unfold as you go through the world, and so many layers within the items and gear itself. For a looter shooter it's pretty amazing. Great controls, great sound design, amazing map and mission design a great variety in the missions and activities unlike some games *cough Anthem Cough* . Massive and the other Ubisoft studios that worked on it really did a fanfuckingtastic job.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
friday the 13th

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 PM.