0 Replies, 94 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by Chief Smash
Today 04:24 AM
83 Replies, 24,927 Views

Old 09-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #4401
blackzc
Evil Dead

Live stream at Andrew Mcabes house lulz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0elnIu9ESs
Old 09-13-2019, 01:34 PM   #4402
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
You read the Blaze? LOL.

I'll bet your communist agenda is well represented there. After all, "muh white culture' must be imposed, right?

Your posts fall into just a few easily defined categories:

* da jooz! da imgrantz!
* neocon commie!
* U R Stoopidz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:27 PM   #4403
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
You read the Blaze? LOL.

I'll bet your communist agenda is well represented there. After all, "muh white culture' must be imposed, right?

Your posts fall into just a few easily defined categories:

* da jooz! da imgrantz!
* neocon commie!
* U R Stoopidz!

Since you bring nothing new to the table but shit gifs and one liners im going to block you for a couple years. Hopefully others will follow suit.

Later.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:34 PM   #4404
Terran
Evil Dead

Blocked by an anti-Semitic shitposting bigot who blames his life's troubles on the darkies and the Joos? Hmmm....

I'm not seeing a downside here.

Your post fit into category #3 as well. You have a limited repertoire.
Quote:
Old 09-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #4405
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I am 50 minutes into the 3rd Dem debate. I am having a hard time holding onto my supper.

The meta point was Orange Man Bad in every way.

First: Medicare for all. Personally, this is an issue I want to hear more on but not if they can't fund it and not if it looks like the current medicare.

Second: Racism. Trump is a CLEAR racist for these people. 1619 is the true start of America (as per the NY Times propaganda).

Spent a lot of time talking about inequality in EVERY aspect of American life for people of color and how it isn't enough to repeal something that is clearly racist and replace it with something that is neutral, but there needs to be something similar to policy affirmative action as a corrective measure.

Only 2 hours to go!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:33 PM   #4406
blackzc
Evil Dead

I don't see how the democrat party recovers. Unless of course Trump is doing nothing about immigration, then they will win every election after 2024.

Over in France.....

Why is Macron talking like a natsoc all of the sudden? Riveting, well spoken, to the point, making perfect sense. If you member, he was supposed to be the right wing candidate that flopped to the left after he got in. You will want to read what he has to say. Im not sure what to make of it. I just know i like it.
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...zing-admission
Old 09-17-2019, 11:35 PM   #4407
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Spent a lot of time talking about inequality in EVERY aspect of American life for people of color and how it isn't enough to repeal something that is clearly racist and replace it with something that is neutral, but there needs to be something similar to policy affirmative action as a corrective measure.
I generally agree with what you are saying, but it is strange that Black people didn't get any kind of reparations for slavery when Hawaiians did, Native Americans did, Japanese and their descendants did for internment camps(from Reagan), Jews did after WW2.

Doesn't seem fair, especially for the more recent very provable land thefts with fake tax bills during Jim Crow, and really a lot of other things during Jim Crow that happened to people who are still alive.

If the issue is this would cost too much money it could be other things, like low interest loans or access to USAA banks or something. Additional representation in Congress. There are lots of potential solutions.

It is hard to look at this and all the other groups that did receive reparations and not think that what has happened was at least partially driven by racism.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:05 AM   #4408
RAV
Evil Dead

Okay. Now consider this other perspective:

I think that some people focus too much on what America and Western civilization at large has done wrong, while ignoring what good it has done. And it has done a lot of good. A lot to be grateful for. But there is as much an apparent lack of any gratefulness for anything this society offers and has accomplished, while obsessing about its faults. And what wrong it did: no civilizations, no society, no tribe of people, anywhere around the world, is free of fault. All have a large history of oppression, atrocity and slavery. And anyone who has been victim to it in one stage of their existence, was itself oppressor to someone in another stage.

America was not special in any way for having had slavery, or taking something away from others. This was forever the common norm in history. What makes America special is that it was the first greater civilization that turned against slavery, and went to great sacrifice to end it within its own society, and in other societies around the world, when they would not. The amount of freedom and dignity that American spirit gave to the human being was truly exceptional. And no other country ever has done already so much to make good on its fault to others. But just how much is enough? And will there ever be an end to the grievance of who deserves what for having a tough start in life? And does it have to be the downfall of this wondrous civilization?

What I really find remarkable though, generally speaking, is that people overall tend to focus very much on what wrong was done to them, but like to ignore what wrong they have done to others. Like okay, we can talk about what wrong our society has done to your people. But have you ever taken honest inventory what wrong your people have done to others, in your entire history? Maybe others would also deserve some reparations from you, as you expect them? maybe even... maybe even the hardship you have endured is the deserved payback in the eyes of those you have wronged before? The proverbial "look into the mirror". And I must honestly say, since I know my fair share about world history, the wars, atrocities, oppression people have done to each other all around the world, the lasting effects of their deeds that set other people back: What do >you< do to make good on what wrong your ancestors did? Did you ever even take interest in finding out? or do you just naively assume that there is no blood on your hands? The truth is, your very existence already proves your guilt. Because this is how life works.

Personally I think that people hardly take advantage of even a tiny fraction of opportunity that our society offers to them. For example, there was some kid that complained to me about why his life is so tough, and how it's unfair, he never had a chance, and only if... So my question to him was, okay let's look at what you have available to you right now, and what you did to use it: Did you ever set foot into a public library? We have these wonderful houses that offer thousands of books for free, when did you ever use that to get some skills? We have public parks with facilities for physical exercise, when was the last time you used that for free to improve your health. We have job centers supporting you and training you. We have many kinds of institutions that help you when you have a problem. How much use did you make of all this? And how much did you help others better their life in turn?

Instead everyone is very much engaged what they supposedly deserve, how much others got, what who should get, instead of looking at the astounding possibilities of what this amazing society already offers.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:28 AM   #4409
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
I generally agree with what you are saying, but it is strange that Black people didn't get any kind of reparations for slavery when Hawaiians did, Native Americans did, Japanese and their descendants did for internment camps(from Reagan), Jews did after WW2.

Doesn't seem fair, especially for the more recent very provable land thefts with fake tax bills during Jim Crow, and really a lot of other things during Jim Crow that happened to people who are still alive.

If the issue is this would cost too much money it could be other things, like low interest loans or access to USAA banks or something. Additional representation in Congress. There are lots of potential solutions.

It is hard to look at this and all the other groups that did receive reparations and not think that what has happened was at least partially driven by racism.
Just keep in mind that over 360,000 Union soldiers died fighting in the civil war to end slavery. That should factor in a bit, but no one seems to care about that. I applaud those soldiers.

https://www.historynet.com/civil-war-casualties

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:19 AM   #4410
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
There There You Poor Thing: The Race

Blacks are the biggest fucking complainers on the planet. While at the same time being among the shittiest people. Crime, passive aggressiveness, regular aggressiveness, and a general idgaf attitude. Which hey, its whatever, many of them don't even want to be part of western society unless its trying to tear it down. But just admit it.

Blacks have already gotten their reparations. 70 years of Welfare. And its resulted in a generation of brain dead fucking retards who have zero hope of ever being anything but prison stats. Blacks need to be cut completely off if they want to improve. Eats, why do you continue to insist on white paternalism to solve blacks problems? Stop. As ive said, ive lived in far worse conditions than just about every black american. Being poor is really not that bad. Blacks have a systemic, generational problem, and its not racism...Many whites look up to East Asians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
Just keep in mind that over 360,000 Union soldiers died fighting in the civil war to end slavery. That should factor in a bit, but no one seems to care about that. I applaud those soldiers.

Yeah, im sure all those men, as they died, arm stretched to sky, with their last breath said.....His name....was. Kunta Kinte...The civil war was not about the ethics of Slavery. It was about the south attempting to seceded to protect slavery.

The secession was stopped because the south would have become a threat had they be allowed to do it. All that said, the south is retarded overall. Actually retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post

I think that some people focus too much on what America and Western civilization at large has done wrong, while ignoring what good it has done
Sorry to do a one liner on your well thought out post but im on my way out.

White people. The cause and solution to every problem. The way its looking we are going to see how the world fares without white influence. There just aren't going to be enough of them going forward to hold everyone's hand. Dis gon be gud.

Last edited by blackzc; 09-18-2019 at 08:45 AM..
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:42 AM   #4411
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post

So if you get wrongly convicted of something and sent to prison for 20 years, and in overturning that wrongful conviction some police die catching the right man, does that mean you are owed nothing by the state? That is not how our system works right now, so this would be an exception.

The same union that freed the slaves also benefited from slavery for 100 years and stole wealth from those slaves in the form of free labor on a massive scale. I could go on to what happened during Jim Crow but do I even need to?
Old 09-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #4412
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
Okay. Now consider this other perspective:

I think that some people focus too much on what America and Western civilization at large has done wrong, while ignoring what good it has done. And it has done a lot of good. A lot to be grateful for. But there is as much an apparent lack of any gratefulness for anything this society offers and has accomplished, while obsessing about its faults. And what wrong it did: no civilizations, no society, no tribe of people, anywhere around the world, is free of fault. All have a large history of oppression, atrocity and slavery. And anyone who has been victim to it in one stage of their existence, was itself oppressor to someone in another stage.

America was not special in any way for having had slavery, or taking something away from others. This was forever the common norm in history. What makes America special is that it was the first greater civilization that turned against slavery, and went to great sacrifice to end it within its own society, and in other societies around the world, when they would not. The amount of freedom and dignity that American spirit gave to the human being was truly exceptional. And no other country ever has done already so much to make good on its fault to others. But just how much is enough? And will there ever be an end to the grievance of who deserves what for having a tough start in life? And does it have to be the downfall of this wondrous civilization?

What I really find remarkable though, generally speaking, is that people overall tend to focus very much on what wrong was done to them, but like to ignore what wrong they have done to others. Like okay, we can talk about what wrong our society has done to your people. But have you ever taken honest inventory what wrong your people have done to others, in your entire history? Maybe others would also deserve some reparations from you, as you expect them? maybe even... maybe even the hardship you have endured is the deserved payback in the eyes of those you have wronged before? The proverbial "look into the mirror". And I must honestly say, since I know my fair share about world history, the wars, atrocities, oppression people have done to each other all around the world, the lasting effects of their deeds that set other people back: What do >you< do to make good on what wrong your ancestors did? Did you ever even take interest in finding out? or do you just naively assume that there is no blood on your hands? The truth is, your very existence already proves your guilt. Because this is how life works.

Personally I think that people hardly take advantage of even a tiny fraction of opportunity that our society offers to them. For example, there was some kid that complained to me about why his life is so tough, and how it's unfair, he never had a chance, and only if... So my question to him was, okay let's look at what you have available to you right now, and what you did to use it: Did you ever set foot into a public library? We have these wonderful houses that offer thousands of books for free, when did you ever use that to get some skills? We have public parks with facilities for physical exercise, when was the last time you used that for free to improve your health. We have job centers supporting you and training you. We have many kinds of institutions that help you when you have a problem. How much use did you make of all this? And how much did you help others better their life in turn?

Instead everyone is very much engaged what they supposedly deserve, how much others got, what who should get, instead of looking at the astounding possibilities of what this amazing society already offers.
You completely avoided the issue I brought up.

If that was our system of dealing with past injustices, then that would be one thing. However, it seems like that is the system of past injustices that we apply to blacks, but not many other minority groups.

Why did Native Americans, Hawaiians, Japanese interned during WW2, Jews during WW2, etc all receive reparations?
Old 09-18-2019, 12:15 PM   #4413
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
So if you get wrongly convicted of something and sent to prison for 20 years, and in overturning that wrongful conviction some police die catching the right man, does that mean you are owed nothing by the state? That is not how our system works right now, so this would be an exception.

The same union that freed the slaves also benefited from slavery for 100 years and stole wealth from those slaves in the form of free labor on a massive scale. I could go on to what happened during Jim Crow but do I even need to?
If you get wrongly convicted of a crime and then in 100 years, your descendants learn that you weren't guilty of the crime, what cash value does your great great grandchild deserve? How do you suggest we pay reparations? Does it just come from tax revenues? If so, there are plenty of descendants of slaves who also pay a lot of taxes. And there are plenty of people who pay taxes whose families came here long after slavery ended. How do you pay someone who is only fractionally descended from slaves? What about the accounts of slaves who bought their freedom and then went on to become slave owners themselves? Do their descendants get any reparations? After all, they were both the victim and the perpetrator here.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #4414
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:

If that was our system of dealing with past injustices, then that would be one thing. However, it seems like that is the system of past injustices that we apply to blacks, but not many other minority groups.

Why did Native Americans, Hawaiians, Japanese interned during WW2, Jews during WW2, etc all receive reparations?
All of those classes had demonstrable evidence of material damage. Jews and Japanese have/had to prove harm and Native Americans have plenty of documentation to prove how they were exploited as a people politically, socially, and in many other ways during the founding of the nation. That said I don't believe Native Americans should have been/be given funds either. No other conquering empire has ever done the same for their subjugated population.

In two of them they had/have to be alive to claim benefits or be immediate family (Jews and Japanese).

In the case of Native Americans they must be able to prove affiliation to a tribe. Most tribes have a "blood quantum" you have to meet before you can be granted official tribe inclusion which is usually proven through birth records. EX: in the case of the Cherokee you need to be at least 1/4 Cherokee blood to petition for inclusion to the tribe. Official recognition is granted by the Tribe and not given out lightly. You can be 99% Native American and the Tribal Leaders can still deny your petition.

There is also little chance that the population of recognized Native Americans has been watered down by migration in the same way as has happened with black America.

I don't know what the requirements are for Hawaiians.

I would be less likely to oppose slavery reparations if someone has proof of harm in their ancestry.

But that's not what we're talking about here. The proposals are all for reparations for some vague, amorphous concept of "systematic oppression".

So how do we go about the almost nearly impossible task of figuring out which black people in America have a legitimate link to Slavery considering all the migration that has happened, the lack of records, and so on?

And how does that fly in this political climate when people start saying "YOU get a check but YOU don't even though you both are "African-American." Do you think such a distinction of "My great-great grandparents were slaves" will quell the masses when there is money to be had?

Again, most proposals are to give money to all people of a certain melanin distribution which means Jamaican/India folks like Kamala Harris (Fun Fact: Based on her Father's statements she is a decedent of a large slave owning family in Jamaica) would be in the running to claim reparations.

In the meantime black people of all persuasions have enjoyed over half-a-century of legally enforced preferential status in education to employment - if they choose to take advantage of them. And the so-called systemic racism can often be boiled down to being born to a culture that no longer values getting an education, a job, and getting married before having children.

If you look at history, when the black population DID those things in the first half of the 20th Century they were very successful!

And then once the pay-off has been done, is all forgiven or do we STILL get to be beat around the head with "muh black slavery" for the rest of time?
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #4415
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
And you completely avoided women being assaulted and raped at parties you attended.

Who gives a shit what issues you bring up? Precious few.
Quote:
Old 09-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #4416
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
If you get wrongly convicted of a crime and then in 100 years, your descendants learn that you weren't guilty of the crime, what cash value does your great great grandchild deserve?
Victims of theft under Jim Crow are alive right now.

Quote:
How do you suggest we pay reparations? Does it just come from tax revenues? If so, there are plenty of descendants of slaves who also pay a lot of taxes.
This seems like a weird non-issue. It applies to other groups that received reparations. I get tax credits, but still pay taxes. Also I proposed alternatives that wouldn't just be some kind of cash payment.

Quote:
How do you pay someone who is only fractionally descended from slaves? What about the accounts of slaves who bought their freedom and then went on to become slave owners themselves? Do their descendants get any reparations? After all, they were both the victim and the perpetrator here.
Native Americans were conscripted to fight against each other. Didn't seem to be a problem.

You are getting into the finer points of a specific proposal vs the idea in general.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #4417
Eats
Developer

Quote:
All of those classes had demonstrable evidence of material damage. Jews and Japanese have/had to prove harm and Native Americans have plenty of documentation to prove how they were exploited as a people politically, socially, and in many other ways during the founding of the nation.
Quote:
In two of them they had/have to be alive to claim benefits or be immediate family (Jews and Japanese).
Victims of theft under Jim Crow are still alive. There is tons of documentation and evidence available to prove harm.

Quote:
But that's not what we're talking about here. The proposals are all for reparations for some vague, amorphous concept of "systematic oppression".

So how do we go about the almost nearly impossible task of figuring out which black people in America have a legitimate link to Slavery considering all the migration that has happened, the lack of records, and so on?

And how does that fly in this political climate when people start saying "YOU get a check but YOU don't even though you both are "African-American." Do you think such a distinction of "My great-great grandparents were slaves" will quell the masses when there is money to be had?

Again, most proposals are to give money to all people of a certain melanin distribution which means Jamaican/India folks like Kamala Harris (Fun Fact: Based on her Father's statements she is a decedent of a large slave owning family in Jamaica) would be in the running to claim reparations.
These kind of specific proposals are not really my point. That is a much larger discussion that is a lot harder to address. My point is that providing some form of reparations is reasonable.

Quote:
In the meantime black people of all persuasions have enjoyed over half-a-century of legally enforced preferential status in education to employment - if they choose to take advantage of them. And the so-called systemic racism can often be boiled down to being born to a culture that no longer values getting an education, a job, and getting married before having children.
Considering black people are jailed six times more often for drug crimes even though we know they use drugs at the same rate as whites I think it is clear that there are systemic issues that make what you are saying at best a wash. I mean the culture of fatherless children seems pretty strongly related to jailing the males, segregating the schools, and having very limited legal options available for wealth creation.

Just go look at the south and tell me you think blacks have preferential status in education for K-12.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/f-is-for-valedictorian

Last edited by Eats; 09-18-2019 at 06:24 PM..
Old 09-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #4418
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Victims of theft under Jim Crow are alive right now.

This seems like a weird non-issue. It applies to other groups that received reparations. I get tax credits, but still pay taxes. Also I proposed alternatives that wouldn't just be some kind of cash payment.

Native Americans were conscripted to fight against each other. Didn't seem to be a problem.

You are getting into the finer points of a specific proposal vs the idea in general.
You avoided every question and the points you did make are nonsensical or just flat out bad. Eats, I’ve said it before and it’s still true. You are absolutely terrible at these debates. When things veer away from your canned talking points, you bring absolutely nothing to the table.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #4419
Terran
Evil Dead

Nothing to the table, but he sure does enjoy a party! See my sig.
Quote:
Old 09-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #4420
Eats
Developer

Quote:
You avoided every question and the points you did make are nonsensical or just flat out bad. Eats, I’ve said it before and it’s still true. You are absolutely terrible at these debates. When things veer away from your canned talking points, you bring absolutely nothing to the table.
There are no canned talking points that I am really familiar with on this issue. Reparations are like barely a real political issue and certainly not one that I think will actually ever be addressed. It has around 26% support from the electorate.

What exactly did I avoid? Only questions about the finer points of a proposal which is another conversation entirely. If you don't even agree that there is a case for reparations at all, then why talk about the minutia of a specific proposal?

What do you feel didn't get an answer? Almost all the issues you raised also apply to Native American reparations.