10-19-2019 07:53 PM
8 Replies, 1,541 Views

Old 08-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

September Games with Gold Announced

Quote:
Games with Gold Has Your Back in September

Xbox’s Games with Gold for September are focused on teamwork. Whether you’re in the mood for an Ocean’s Eleven-style heist, an epic brothers-in-arms tale, or taking on baddies with past versions of yourself, you won’t be walking alone next month. As usual, all games are only available for a limited time, as part of the ongoing Games with Gold program, so find a buddy (or not), subscribe to Xbox Live Gold, and jump in!

Super Time Force ($14.99): Available from September 1-30 on Xbox One

Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine ($14.99): Available from September 1-15 on Xbox 360

Halo: Reach ($24.99): Available from September 16-30 on Xbox 360

Super Time Force began with a simple concept: merge side-scrolling classic Contra with a “time-reversal” hook to create a unique action-shooting experience. Super Time Force throws a lot of enemies and projectiles at you at once, but don’t despair – if you mess up, you can press a button to rewind to a point where you can do it all over again, the right way. But that’s not all; your “ghost” (the replay of the playthrough where you just died) will continue to fight alongside you for the new try, turning even your screw-ups into helpful teamwork opportunities. You might say that’s mighty neighborly of... yourself.

On the Xbox 360, you get two titles. The first, Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine, is a team-based, top-down, stealth-puzzle game featuring retro-style graphics and a really interesting plot. You and up to four friends choose characters from among a motley crew of miscreants, and pull off a series of clever heists using each character’s special strengths. For example, the Locksmith can open locked doors and safes faster than the other characters, while the Cleaner has the ability to knock out unsuspecting guards. While you can play Monaco alone, teamwork makes the affair a whole lot easier – and a whole lot more fun.

Finally, in preparation for the ultimate Halo: The Master Chief Collection, set to release on Xbox One this holiday, Xbox 360 owners can experience the prequel to the Master Chief’s storyline in Halo: Reach. Relive the tragic and heroic story of Noble Team, a group of Spartans, who through great sacrifice and courage saved countless lives in the face of impossible odds. The planet Reach is humanity’s last line of defense between the encroaching alien alliance known as the Covenant and their ultimate goal, the destruction of Earth. If it falls, humanity will be perched on the brink of destruction.

September is an amazing month to take advantage of the Games with Gold program. Make sure you get in on the action while you can!
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #2
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I wanted to play Super Time Force, but not enough to buy it, so that's cool. Crimson Skies still sucks. I really liked Reach, although not everyone did. I digged the melancholic tone.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:03 AM   #3
Scherge
Evil Dead

Guess I'll take another shot at trying to like Halo! I think I've played through Halo 2, 3 and ODST in co-op, but never could get into the stories (ODST was the worst, in my opinion, but the others weren't much better). Let's see how well the highly-acclaimed Reach fares.

Did anyone here like "Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine"? I remember playing the trial version and stopping before the end of the demo, which is never a good sign. I was still reading Penny Arcade at the time, and that game was extremely hyped by Gabe. Then again, maybe it was just some sort of collaboration...
Old 08-29-2014, 05:36 AM   #4
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Super Time Force for free is a great price to try it at since I could never bring myself to spend money on it.

Reach is cool since I can't seem to find my disc for my copy. This fixes that problem.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #5
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Don't own a XBone
Already have Halo, and the other one I have on the PC. Another bust for me.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:35 AM   #6
Grandpappy
Evil Dead

Wait, wait...

So being an XBox Gold member gets you DISCOUNTS on games? Not free games? That's a crappy reward.

"Thanks customer for giving us money, here's a way to spend more money with us! Have a coupon."

I like Microsoft, but maaaaan, that's a raw deal. And the chances of me buying an XBox just dropped that much more.
Grandpappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:51 AM   #7
Beowulf308
Peon

No. It means I get those games for free. Reach for nada is not a bad deal since I always wanted to play it. The prices listed are the games' current prices on Xbox Live.
Beowulf308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #8
Wolfgang
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
Wait, wait...

So being an XBox Gold member gets you DISCOUNTS on games? Not free games? That's a crappy reward.

"Thanks customer for giving us money, here's a way to spend more money with us! Have a coupon."

I like Microsoft, but maaaaan, that's a raw deal. And the chances of me buying an XBox just dropped that much more.
Wrong. The 3 mentioned games are "free" to subscribers for the month of Sept. The prices shown is their current Xbox Store value and is what you would pay for the title if you were not a Gold subscriber.

In addition Games with Gold does rotate through game sales each week offering various discounts from 25% and up. Titanfall was 50% off two weeks ago.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:08 AM   #9
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter

OK I'm gonna say it. MS' free games this month are better than PSN+
gg MS. Stay hungry
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:48 AM   #10
Grandpappy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf308 View Post
No. It means I get those games for free. Reach for nada is not a bad deal since I always wanted to play it. The prices listed are the games' current prices on Xbox Live.
Ah, thanks for the clarification!
Grandpappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
games with gold