18,691 Replies, 3,717,068 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by BorisCal
Today 04:39 AM
4,756 Replies, 1,036,903 Views

Old 09-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #21
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

anyone with a modded console of whatever generation, or pc, has these retro games + wireless controllers!(unless still using an xbox original)
I just dont get the appeal of these mini consoles :\
oh well
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:23 PM   #22
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthropist View Post
anyone with a modded console of whatever generation, or pc, has these retro games + wireless controllers!(unless still using an xbox original)
oh well
I don't quite get why but there's something about playing these games on the PC that doesn't feel authentic to me and yet these mini consoles somehow do. It's not logical but I feel that way nonetheless.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #23
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

how does retro gaming make you feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I don't quite get why but there's something about playing these games on the PC that doesn't feel authentic to me and yet these mini consoles somehow do. It's not logical but I feel that way nonetheless.
how games make you feel is important! emotions Vs Logic, i cant tell much of a difference between retroarch pc, and other emulated consoles, but my brain works on logic .
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:26 AM   #24
Cyrano
Reaper

I'm on the fence. I'm really happy with the Genesis collection I bought not all that long ago on Switch, and I probably already have too many mini consoles under my TV. That mini C64 mentioned in the original post, though...
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #25
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthropist View Post
oh well
I'm getting mine for collecting. I still own my original launch day Genesis. That said I do most of my retro gaming on the PC, or Pi with either a 360 or 8bitdo controller.

For me it's all about the controller, and 8bitdo makes some fantastic retro controllers.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #26
HillTribe
Evil Dead

Does anyone remember the Sega Channel? That pretty much shaped my gaming addiction and is why I pre-ordered one of these.

If you don't know: It was a service that you purchased through your cable company. You received a big thingy-ma-jig that went into the cartridge slot that you plugged in power and connected it to the cable(coaxial) thinger-doodle on the wall. What you got were dozens of games streamed to your console each month. Looking back, it was amazing for the time in the 1990's.

I remember fondly waiting until midnight for the new assortment of games to be available. It was an amazing time for me and my friends.
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:01 AM   #27
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillTribe View Post
Does anyone remember the Sega Channel? That pretty much shaped my gaming addiction and is why I pre-ordered one of these.

If you don't know: It was a service that you purchased through your cable company. You received a big thingy-ma-jig that went into the cartridge slot that you plugged in power and connected it to the cable(coaxial) thinger-doodle on the wall. What you got were dozens of games streamed to your console each month. Looking back, it was amazing for the time in the 1990's.

I remember fondly waiting until midnight for the new assortment of games to be available. It was an amazing time for me and my friends.
I know what you're talking about. I read about it in magazines. No cable in my town at the time, and the Sega Channel wasn't offered in the next town over that had cable.

Tags
sega genesis