Today 01:11 PM
9 Replies, 637 Views
» Promotion

Old 05-17-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quake Champions – Introducing Duel Mode

Quote:
Quake Champions is a frenetic test of skill and the ultimate competitive game. The purest form of this proving ground is Duel mode, a 1-v-1 showdown to decide who is best, once-and-for-all. Check out the video showcasing Quake Champions’ new Duel mode here.

Duel mode introduces an additional layer of strategy to Quake Champions, incorporating multiple Champions with differing Abilities. To start, players will select three Champions in a snake-style draft before heading to the Arenas. In choosing their roster, players will have to consider which Champions are better suited to their unique playstyle and which are effective counters to their opponents’ choices.

Taking a cue from fighting games, Duel is played as a best-of-three match. There are three total rounds, and in each round, a player has to defeat all three of the opponent’s Champions. When a player is fragged, they will respawn as another of their chosen Champions. When one player has eliminated all three of the opposing Champions, a winner for that round is declared.

Reminder: The Quake Champions Large Scale Test Tech is now live and will run until May 21. The Tech Test is welcoming all players and includes Duel mode as well as the new team-based competitive mode, Sacrifice. Players who want to join in the fragfest can head to Quake.com to sign up and receive a key.
quake.bethesda.net
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #3
Rommel
International Playboy

Played yesterday, it's vapid
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Played one round on the weekend and promptly uninstalled. I can't stand F2P games where the only way you can access content from the free route is by renting it. You want the only means to unlock a champion to be paying cash or renting it for a day (I'm sure 24 hours real time) with in game currency? I won't even bother with a second glance.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:57 AM   #5
actusoul
Evil Dead

Send me an email when you have Quake SINGLE PLAYER available.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:39 AM   #6
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

The only F2P game I support Path of Exiles
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #7
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Played one round on the weekend and promptly uninstalled. I can't stand F2P games where the only way you can access content from the free route is by renting it. You want the only means to unlock a champion to be paying cash or renting it for a day (I'm sure 24 hours real time) with in game currency? I won't even bother with a second glance.
There is nothing wrong with this model since you get enough credits to rent the character for 24 hours by playing like one game.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:11 AM   #8
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
There is nothing wrong with this model since you get enough credits to rent the character for 24 hours by playing like one game.
Oh yah, that's exactly what people want to do. Start off every game session by renting their favorite champion. Oh, finished a match and it's between the timer ending? Better rent them again (I'm assuming that's how it works).

If it's so little why not have an option to purchase them in perpetuity with the in game currency? Hell they could keep the renting function too, whatever, but as long as there's no way to permanently unlock a character without paying cash, I'm out.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:29 AM   #9
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Oh yah, that's exactly what people want to do. Start off every game session by renting their favorite champion. Oh, finished a match and it's between the timer ending? Better rent them again (I'm assuming that's how it works).

If it's so little why not have an option to purchase them in perpetuity with the in game currency? Hell they could keep the renting function too, whatever, but as long as there's no way to permanently unlock a character without paying cash, I'm out.
Nobody is stopping you from buying that character with real money. Oh wait, that's right, you want it for free.... I forgot we're in the age of wanting something for nothing. As if these developers have zero need to make any profit.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:43 AM   #10
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Nobody is stopping you from buying that character with in game money. Oh wait, that's right, you want it for free.... I forgot we're in the age of wanting something for nothing. As if these developers have zero need to make any profit.
Heh you're talking to the wrong person. I routinely drop quite a bit of cash on F2P enterprises. And yes, I think anyone has a reasonable assumption that in a F2P game you have access to gameplay altering mechanics (ie: Characters) for free. The renting thing is just my personal opinion, I think most people don't want to rent things, and maybe I'm wrong, but I refuse to support that kind of business model.

As for profit, you want to put cosmetics behind a paywall? Sure, go nuts, who cares. But I think you're forgetting that we're the consumers here, we don't owe them a damn thing. They want to be profitable, they need to tailor their product to the market and what the market wants. We don't like something, we move on to the countless other products that will offer what we want. That's what I intend to do.

Last edited by Mozain; 05-18-2017 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Clarity
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:57 AM   #11
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
That's what I intend to do.
Fair enough. I don't mind a somewhat inconvenient feature because I yearn for a quality quake experience. If that wasn't my thing I wouldn't bother either.

Tags
quake champions