Speedcross Update Coming...
Last post by Emabulator
Yesterday 12:05 PM
2 Replies, 489 Views

Old 09-24-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching

I'm a bit late with the thread today (just got back from the Twin Cities). I recorded the Vikings game, and I'm sitting down to watch it now.

What games are you watching today?
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
BillyWilliamton
Death Knight

None. Pretty much done with anything that becomes a political circus at this point.
BillyWilliamton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #3
IGXGamingTV
Game. Stream. Play.

None. Until the douche bag players pull their heads out of their spoiled asses, not watching anymore NFL football.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Haven't watched a game all day.

The leftists will not stop until everything is politicized.
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:36 PM   #5
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

The Jets found a team that sucks more than they do!
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:36 PM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead

Screw 'em. The ONLY thing they will listen to is a hit to the only thing that matters to them...money.

The left wants EVERYTHING politicized (and yes, they opened this can of worms; it's on them). They want political war EVERYWHERE so give it to them by not giving them a dime or your time.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:34 PM   #7
Rommel
International Playboy

How dare THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES disrespect football players. Who does he think he is? Doesn't he know that football is most popular in Red states?
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:45 PM   #8
Terran
Evil Dead

I know, right? Doesn't this president know he's an idiot for wading into the politicization of the NFL begun by progressives?

Presidents have better things to do than bother with the NFL. RIGHT?

Trump is right. I don't care if he's considered a 'bum' by folks who routinely vote 93%+ for just one political party, either. Conservatives are not the aggressor in the culture wars. You want a war? Bring it.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:47 PM   #9
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Today was supposed to be national Gold Star Mothers and Family Appreciation Day for the NFL. Apparently all Steelers players, except for one (an Army vet) sat for the Anthem. I haven't seen the wrap up but I guess nearly every other team had some small or large incident.

First Trump tells the NFL they should get rid of players who kneel. Then he forces the players into a terrible situation by marking the next big game day with a patriotic theme (who wants to be seen giving the finger to Gold Star families? Only a bunch of assholes would do that!).

And athletes need to stop being political and just fucking play the game or at least not be virulent. Trump needs to stop being antagonistic and let We The People decide if the sentiment is powerful or not; just like they had been doing showing that the NFL was on track to lose $200 million this year.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #10
brandonjclark
Subscriber

I'm becoming politically exhausted. Ever since the Scott Walker Recall attempt (and his later re-election), Wisconsin residents have been BOMBARDED by politics every single day and it doesn't seem to be letting up.

I'm just DONE with politics. I'm overwhelmed. I just want to live my life and not be bothered by it any longer!

I don't CARE if blacks are being treated unfairly. I don't CARE if you think Trump is a racist. I don't CARE if you don't have free healthcare!

I literally have no more Fuchs to give and it's all because of everyone demanding my political attention every five minutes.

It seems someone agrees...

The Politicization of Everything
Everybody loses in the Trump-NFL brawl over the national anthem.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-pol...ing-1506291118
Old 09-24-2017, 06:54 PM   #11
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
the NFL was on track to lose $200 million this year.
The NFL has already been paid. They have contracts of several years each with broadcasters, locked in. The loss would be to the broadcasters in advertising revenue. They have to make up for drops in 'eyeballs' with make-good additional ads or rebates.

So, if it continues you can be sure it will bite the NFL, but on the TV side we're not there yet. Getting there on attendance, however. Tickets are reselling in some stadiums for the price of pretzels.

They're going to feel it, but not quite yet.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #12
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I'm becoming politically exhausted. Ever since the Scott Walker Recall attempt (and his later re-election), Wisconsin residents have been BOMBARDED by politics every single day and it doesn't seem to be letting up.

I'm just DONE with politics. I'm overwhelmed. I just want to live my life and not be bothered by it any longer!

I don't CARE if blacks are being treated unfairly. I don't CARE if you think Trump is a racist. I don't CARE if you don't have free healthcare!

I literally have no more Fuchs to give and it's all because of everyone demanding my political attention every five minutes.

It seems someone agrees...

The Politicization of Everything
Everybody loses in the Trump-NFL brawl over the national anthem.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-pol...ing-1506291118
I hear ya. I live in WI too, and I've been done with it for a while.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:21 PM   #13
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post

The Jets found a team that sucks more than they do!
Yeah, that's what I watched too. Not as much fun as a casual Dolphins fan. Getting their first touchdown in the last six seconds and missing the 1pt kick was somehow poetic.

Last edited by Capt_Thad; 09-24-2017 at 08:59 PM..
Capt_Thad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #14
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
I hear ya. I live in WI too, and I've been done with it for a while.
It doesn't help that Wisconsin is the new conservative epicenter. For all the shit I give the lefties, the cons are driving me up a wall, too!

I wish we could all take a political break for a year. Just say fuch it and do your best at doing you.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:22 PM   #15
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Today was supposed to be national Gold Star Mothers and Family Appreciation Day for the NFL. Apparently all Steelers players, except for one (an Army vet) sat for the Anthem. I haven't seen the wrap up but I guess nearly every other team had some small or large incident.

First Trump tells the NFL they should get rid of players who kneel. Then he forces the players into a terrible situation by marking the next big game day with a patriotic theme (who wants to be seen giving the finger to Gold Star families? Only a bunch of assholes would do that!).

And athletes need to stop being political and just fucking play the game or at least not be virulent. Trump needs to stop being antagonistic and let We The People decide if the sentiment is powerful or not; just like they had been doing showing that the NFL was on track to lose $200 million this year.
Actually the left needs to stop being antagonistic as if millionaire nfl players are being oppressed in any way shape or form. The left needs to stop with the identity politics if they ever want to be a majority ever again. Most
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #16
blackzc
Evil Dead

Welcome to my world, gentlemen. It sucks, but its the truth.

My view is that these athletes have nothing but contempt for their moron fans. NFL and NBA both. There is of course a racial element to this. Its basically racist blacks making a killing off of dipshit cuck whites, lol'ing the whole time because they lack the ability of empathy and are gettin dey paypack on whytee.

I've always though this, even 20 years ago...And i still do now.

Trump played them like a fiddle. More redpilled normies incoming.

Fuck football.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:09 PM   #17
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Course if we had voter ID laws like we should, and the democrats didn't have massive amounts of voter fraud every election, none of them would likely be elected ever again anyway.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:09 AM   #18
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I know, right? Doesn't this president know he's an idiot for wading into the politicization of the NFL begun by progressives?

Presidents have better things to do than bother with the NFL. RIGHT?

Trump is right. I don't care if he's considered a 'bum' by folks who routinely vote 93%+ for just one political party, either. Conservatives are not the aggressor in the culture wars. You want a war? Bring it.
Trump is a draft dodger. He also basically said McCain isn't a war hero because he got captured in the same war that Trump dodged. I don't see how someone like that has any right to tell people what is or isn't patriotic, and really I don't see how anyone could support him and simultaneously hold the view that football players can't kneel.

Trumps outright disrespect and fake support for the armed forces is disgusting. Even right now if there was a conflict Trump would get his family out of serving and everyone knows it, but he has no problem ordering other people's children to lay down their lives and basically has shown through his personal actions that he thinks they are suckers.

Last edited by Eats; 09-25-2017 at 02:19 AM..
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:12 AM   #19
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Course if we had voter ID laws like we should, and the democrats didn't have massive amounts of voter fraud every election, none of them would likely be elected ever again anyway.
Why do you think there is massive amounts of voter fraud? If the numbers were so massive wouldn't there be a lot of proof easily available?
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:59 AM   #20
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Blah blah blah.
You don't get it, but I'm not surprised. Trump is an idiot. Trump is a moron. Trump is yadda yadda. I don't care, because he's right.

You don't get credit for telling everyone the guy who warned you about gravity is a dick as you're falling off the cliff. He was right, and you're off the cliff, buddy. The elites of both parties, Hollywood, big business, the media...none of them give a SHIT about average Americans. Does Trump? Who the hell knows, but I do know the others don't and I'm happy to see them take it in the chin over and over and over again.

Because he's right. About the NFL. About the UN. About trade deals. About illegal immigration. About much of it.

Screw these spoiled millionaire brats, their billionaire owners, and the politicians who line their pockets with taxpayer carve outs and billions for stadiums from average folks. SCREW THEM.

Tags
game day, nfl, nfl game day