Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Disney Acquires Fox for...
Last post by hurstshifter
Today 07:32 AM
1 Replies, 266 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Terran
Today 06:52 AM
699 Replies, 68,842 Views
Party Up with Daemons to...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 06:46 AM
0 Replies, 252 Views
New Annihilation...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 06:36 AM
10 Replies, 764 Views
Injustice 2 Free Trial...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 06:34 AM
0 Replies, 388 Views
Bad Company 3 is Next...
Last post by wildcard
Today 05:50 AM
6 Replies, 910 Views
My MOST DISAPPOINTING...
Last post by JazGalaxy
Today 02:15 AM
25 Replies, 1,336 Views
Nintendo Wants To Ramp...
Last post by Scherge
Today 01:34 AM
11 Replies, 789 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2017, 05:41 AM   #21
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Why do you think there is massive amounts of voter fraud? If the numbers were so massive wouldn't there be a lot of proof easily available?
When states actively suppress voter info and when a Democrat candidate wins a popular vote that is actually higher than the number of actual voters what would you call it? Fact of the matter is it wouldn't shock me if Trump actually won the popular vote as well as the electoral college. There's a reason liberals actively work to block required ID to vote measures. Dead people and illegals wouldn't be counted anymore.

Smell the coffee. America is sick of your shit.

SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #22
GunnSgtHartman
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 699
Wow... your country is going to hell. It's pathetic, really. It was easy to see that coming. BLM. Hillary. Fox News. Trump. Now people fight over football when sports shouldn't ever be about politics, whatever your affiliation.

Keep dividing yourselves, that's exactly what your politicians, banks, Koch and friends want you to do. Now it's slowly getting over here too, thanks a lot.
__________________
______________________________________
GamerTag/PSN: GunnSgtHartman
GunnSgtHartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #23
Sinistar
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSgtHartman View Post
Wow... your country is going to hell. It's pathetic, really. It was easy to see that coming. BLM. Hillary. Fox News. Trump. Now people fight over football when sports shouldn't ever be about politics, whatever your affiliation.

Keep dividing yourselves, that's exactly what your politicians, banks, Koch and friends want you to do. Now it's slowly getting over here too, thanks a lot.
Finally, someone gets it and he's Canadian to boot

After decades of suppressing our education system, the plans to keep the dumb dumber is working because they are more easily controlled. Because THEY will get up in arms about something something flag and patriotism, but they will not get off their fat asses and do something that matters. Trump/Hillary - you are so easily controlled with "Whataboutism".

I mean, video games - right? Football, right?
__________________
Gamertag: Sinistar
Sinistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:45 AM   #24
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSgtHartman View Post
Wow... your country is going to hell.
Hahahaha! A Canadian is anti-American. I'm soooo surprised.

Oh Canada...not so welcoming now Canada, lol.

Poor Canadians, heading to the U.S.

Enjoy your winter, lol.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:12 AM   #25
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Hahahaha! A Canadian is anti-American. I'm soooo surprised.

Oh Canada...not so welcoming now Canada, lol.

Poor Canadians, heading to the U.S.

Enjoy your winter, lol.
Just spent 5 months there with the woman. 5+ dollars for a gallon of milk. Their dollar is fucking worthless. 14+ dollars for a pack of smokes. Fuck Canada, can't wait to get her here permanently.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #26
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Just spent 5 months there with the woman. 5+ dollars for a gallon of milk. Their dollar is fucking worthless. 14+ dollars for a pack of smokes. Fuck Canada, can't wait to get her here permanently.
It's why so many of them close to the border flock over here - especially during the holidays - to take care of their shopping. Even when their dollar is worth less than ours (which is most of the time), they're still spending less overall. They have it even better off over here, because some of the border towns and areas Canadians will flock to will treat Canadian currency on par simply to attract more of them.

The shitty part is that Canada has intentionally kept their currency value lower than ours to help drive north-bound tourism.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:38 AM   #27
Sinistar
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
When states actively suppress voter info and when a Democrat candidate wins a popular vote that is actually higher than the number of actual voters what would you call it? Fact of the matter is it wouldn't shock me if Trump actually won the popular vote as well as the electoral college. There's a reason liberals actively work to block required ID to vote measures. Dead people and illegals wouldn't be counted anymore.

Smell the coffee. America is sick of your shit.

Maps, maps, everyone does maps. Here's one that's telling - it's about economic stability and distressed communities here in the US of A.



We are all getting shanked, every day - but you go ahead and keep protesting people who don't stand because that shit matters.
__________________
Gamertag: Sinistar
Sinistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:54 AM   #28
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,475
Washington Post reports that league rules...yes, snopes, LEAGUE RULES...require sideline/helmet in left hand/standing during anthem on the part of both teams at games. Rules enforcement, Goodell? EH?

lol...riiiiiiiiight. Nail Brady for his ball size but not anti-American millionaires.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:11 AM   #29
Sinistar
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 839
So, it's about recruitment?

__________________
Gamertag: Sinistar
Sinistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:12 AM   #30
Booda
Beam another Blast
 
Booda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Streets of Dis
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I don't see how someone like that has any right to tell people what is or isn't patriotic, and really I don't see how anyone could support him and simultaneously hold the view that football players can't kneel.
These players while out on the field are not individuals but employees. If they want to act like a bunch of spoiled bitches and protest then more power to them. But they need to do it on their own time. Not the business’ time that employs them. If any employees on my company’s payroll decided to protest while on the clock, their asses would be fired in a heartbeat.

Of course, nothing is going to happen to these prima donnas until the sponsors start pulling add time. Once the cash flow starts taking a hit the players are going to start feeling the “justice” they’re supposedly looking for.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:23 AM   #31
Sinistar
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
These players while out on the field are not individuals but employees. If they want to act like a bunch of spoiled bitches and protest then more power to them. But they need to do it on their own time. Not the business’ time that employs them. If any employees on my company’s payroll decided to protest while on the clock, their asses would be fired in a heartbeat.

Of course, nothing is going to happen to these prima donnas until the sponsors start pulling add time. Once the cash flow starts taking a hit the players are going to start feeling the “justice” they’re supposedly looking for.
It all depends on what state you live in because there are laws about firing employees who protest while on the clock.
__________________
Gamertag: Sinistar
Sinistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:07 PM   #32
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistar View Post
So, it's about recruitment?
2009, eh?

Obama intruded into NFL naming/mascot conventions (which, btw, he lost on at SCOTUS; Washington Redskins) AND his leftist DoD leaders tried to turn the NFL into a recruiting mechanism that was then turned into a leftist anti-American protest opportunity.

Thanks Obama.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #33
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
These players while out on the field are not individuals but employees. If they want to act like a bunch of spoiled bitches and protest then more power to them. But they need to do it on their own time. Not the business’ time that employs them. If any employees on my company’s payroll decided to protest while on the clock, their asses would be fired in a heartbeat.

Of course, nothing is going to happen to these prima donnas until the sponsors start pulling add time. Once the cash flow starts taking a hit the players are going to start feeling the “justice” they’re supposedly looking for.
I don't know what kind of company you own but it must be unskilled labor for you to have such a replaceable workforce. Unless it was like a white power or pro-ISIS protest that really hit company morale I don't think I would do anything because replacing people is expensive. I don't really think this comparison is apples to apples though with what is happening in the NFL where replacing skilled players is extremely difficult and expensive.

Also from a damage control/PR perspective it is really hard to know what the right action is. Now it is way too late to reverse course, but when it was just kaepernick the plan to just quietly sweep him under the rug and blackball him wasn't even a bad plan. Honestly trump fucked them over by Streisand effecting the hell out of this situation and making it a much bigger problem than it was.

The NFL was trying to not take a side and make this go away because that is the correct business move, but trump has basically forced them to take a side now. Big surprise that a bunch of millionaires chose the side where they don't let Trump boss them around from his twitter account. Honestly it likely has more to do with them feeling insulted by Trump than anything else.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #34
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,475
Virtually any worker is replaceable. Google fired a highly skilled engineer for his having the audacity to actually be reasonable in quoting scientific studies related to sex-related differences (shocking that there are some of those, I know...but there are). Mozilla fired their CEO for having the audacity to donate to a cause they didn't like in his free time with his own money.

There are thousands of highly motivated, highly skilled football players waiting for a shot. Don't think they can do it? Look at how good Brady turned out to be when he got a chance, and he was a sixth round draft choice riding the bench.

They can be replaced. They're not brain surgeons. Those are hard to replace.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #35
Booda
Beam another Blast
 
Booda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Streets of Dis
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I don't know what kind of company you own but it must be unskilled labor for you to have such a replaceable workforce.
Why, you looking for a job?
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:15 PM   #36
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I don't know what kind of company you own but it must be unskilled labor for you to have such a replaceable workforce. Unless it was like a white power or pro-ISIS protest that really hit company morale I don't think I would do anything because replacing people is expensive. I don't really think this comparison is apples to apples though with what is happening in the NFL where replacing skilled players is extremely difficult and expensive.
Their not irreplaceable. In fact, the NFL, as a whole, has a high turnover rate of players.

I suspect if this drama blows up into something that really starts costing the NFL a lot of money, changes will be made. Until then, I doubt anything will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Also from a damage control/PR perspective it is really hard to know what the right action is. Now it is way too late to reverse course, but when it was just kaepernick the plan to just quietly sweep him under the rug and blackball him wasn't even a bad plan. Honestly trump fucked them over by Streisand effecting the hell out of this situation and making it a much bigger problem than it was.
I don't think Kaepernick was quietly swept under the rug. His protests were a regular sight on the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
The NFL was trying to not take a side and make this go away because that is the correct business move, but trump has basically forced them to take a side now. Big surprise that a bunch of millionaires chose the side where they don't let Trump boss them around from his twitter account. Honestly it likely has more to do with them feeling insulted by Trump than anything else.
No, the NFL took a side when they willing ignored their own rules to allow this. Terran provided a link showing this to be part of the rules.

In my view, everyone is entitled to an opinion and while I disagree with the protest, I think they their contracts to spell out if they can or cannot; however, I think the largest issue is based around requiring Lefty views - Google employee fired over an internal memo, forcing a Christian baker to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple, attempts (including by then President Obama) to pressure the Redskins into changing their name when even most Native Americans didn't agree with that change, and constant "right speak" movements from the Left - be followed or else. According to reports, the NFL didn't seem to have an issue denying the Cowboys' request to wear decal honoring fallen Dallas officers. The same people saying it's out of bounds for Trump to suggest to owners of these teams to fire protesting players were often the ones applauding or being 100% fine with an employee of Google questioning hiring practices.

The other portion of this anger, to me, is that the Left's push for identity politics has come to fruition -- this time with people who more often than not want to "mind their own business." When you combine a requirement to echo a certain viewpoint with identity politics, people are going to start utilizing identity politics in a way you don't like.

Maybe Trump should utilize Obama era policies which perfectly legal businesses that they didn't like out of business? Of course I don't really want him to do so, but I think that's a fine example of why people are frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSgtHartman View Post
Wow... your country is going to hell. It's pathetic, really. It was easy to see that coming. BLM. Hillary. Fox News. Trump. Now people fight over football when sports shouldn't ever be about politics, whatever your affiliation.

Keep dividing yourselves, that's exactly what your politicians, banks, Koch and friends want you to do. Now it's slowly getting over here too, thanks a lot.
Canada, which I actually thought made good moves following their recession, has been sprinting to the Left. Just as the U.S. is to blame for its own policies, Canada is to blame for the policies it has adopted. This is without getting into the issue of having a country (the U.S.) which is nearly 10x the population of Canada (California alone has more people in it that Canada).

The idea that these problems are just coming to roost in Canada is a dream. According to Canada.ca:
Quote:
Worsening outcomes
Poverty in racialized communities is a growing problem. For example, in Toronto, the number of racialized families living in poverty increased 362% between 1980 and 2000, far greater than their population growth of 219%. Footnote1

The problem is especially severe among more recent immigrants, the vast majority of whom belong to racialized groups. In general, over the past two decades poverty rates have been rising among immigrants and falling among the Canadian born. Footnote2 This goes hand in hand with the steep decline in the relative earnings of immigrants over that time period. The decline occurred even though education levels were rising among immigrants. One study estimated that by the late 1990s, 41% of chronically poor immigrants had degrees.
From the Canadian Press yesterday:
Quote:
"It is important to underline that the experience of African Canadians is unique because of the particular history of anti-black racism in Canada," the report said. "(The government of Canada should) take concrete steps to preserve the history of enslavement and the political, social and economic contributions of African Canadians by establishing monuments in their honour."

The report draws a through-line between Canada's history of racial segregation to the structural racism that "lies at the core" of many Canadian institutions today, manifesting itself in the form of poverty, health problems, low educational attainment, higher rates of unemployment and overrepresentation if African-Canadians in the criminal justice system.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #37
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
when a Democrat candidate wins a popular vote that is actually higher than the number of actual voters what would you call it?
What does this mean? I don't understand what you are saying. The vote total of a candidate was higher than the number of all voters? When and where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
There's a reason liberals actively work to block required ID to vote measures.
Overwhelming evidence exists on this topic and it points to voter ID laws being used for voter suppression, not voter fraud. If voter fraud was so widespread how were there less than 10 documented cases in 2016? Even if we are only catching 1% of voter fraud we are talking about 1000 fake votes out of 120,000,000+ votes. We would have to be only catching 0.00001% of voter fraud cases for there to be widespread voter fraud. Frankly that is completely ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I don't understand what this means except that you are confusing geography with population density. New York City for example has a population of 8,500,000. If you cut up those big red swathes into pieces the size of NYC the average population would be very low, probably something like 200.

Last edited by Eats; 09-25-2017 at 04:33 PM..
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:08 PM   #38
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
Why, you looking for a job?
I own a software studio. I don't know if you really own a company or not but from the way you talk about your employees it sounds like its a fast food place or something....
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:17 PM   #39
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 271
VenomUSMC you misunderstand me, and the rules of the NFL don't really matter from a PR perspective.

Assume the NFL is a business that wants to minimize damage.

Once kaepernick kneeled they could fire him or fine him sure, but that would've created a huge backlash, and also there are a lot more democrats vs republicans in the key age groups that matter to advertisers.(19-40)

http://news.gallup.com/poll/172439/p...-spectrum.aspx

The best play they could make is to let Kaepernick finish his season and then just quietly blackball him from the league for making waves and then hope this situation goes away by itself.

Directly taking action against him puts them on a side, and not a good side from the perspective of operating a profitable business.

"I don't think Kaepernick was quietly swept under the rug. His protests were a regular sight on the news."

I'm not sure if you believe that the NFL and the news are the same business, but they aren't. Even if they have some umbrella company crossover, the news is trying to make money with engaging stories, like this one. When you have huge conglomerations like that they often have pieces that are in direct competition with each other.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:27 PM   #40
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
In my view, everyone is entitled to an opinion and while I disagree with the protest, I think they their contracts to spell out if they can or cannot; however, I think the largest issue is based around requiring Lefty views - Google employee fired over an internal memo, forcing a Christian baker to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple, attempts (including by then President Obama) to pressure the Redskins into changing their name when even most Native Americans didn't agree with that change, and constant "right speak" movements from the Left - be followed or else. According to reports, the NFL didn't seem to have an issue denying the Cowboys' request to wear decal honoring fallen Dallas officers. The same people saying it's out of bounds for Trump to suggest to owners of these teams to fire protesting players were often the ones applauding or being 100% fine with an employee of Google questioning hiring practices.
You are just blending a million disparate situations together here. Also you are acting like the NFL was like "yes, kaepernick it would be a great idea for you to kneel, thanks for asking permission."

He didn't ask permission and he was blackballed for what he did.

If you allow this decal, do you allow decals saying Black Lives Matter? Pro Life? Pro Choice? Repeal Obamacare? John 3:16? Where does it end?

The NFLs answer as a business should be no, this political stuff is not ok. If you do it anyway we will not enter the political firestorm and take a side, but we will drum you out of the NFL in the quietest way possible.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
game day, nfl, nfl game day

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 AM.