11 Replies, 565 Views
Microsoft Acquires...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 07:03 AM
16 Replies, 922 Views

Old 09-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #21
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Until people see him standing there, in character, we don't really know how he'll do. Personally he's a pretty good actor so it's all cool. Plus I've never played the games. Damn.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:52 PM   #22
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
Until people see him standing there, in character, we don't really know how he'll do. Personally he's a pretty good actor so it's all cool. Plus I've never played the games. Damn.
For a marathon I recommend starting with Witcher 2. Think of it as an introduction to the world and characters. Then follow that by reading all the books. Every one is better than the last. Only after reading the final book should you play Witcher 3. The game's story is already great. Some of the more heavy parts will hit that much harder. You will have better context for everything going on, even though certain things are slightly tweaked.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:39 PM   #23
Azzy
Cthulian

He's meh at best imo but I bet the show is fun.
People are spoiled with adaptations of their interests. It wasn't that long ago that the adaptation of something like this was laughable at best.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:56 AM   #24
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
People are spoiled with adaptations of their interests..
This is so true. We have such an explosion of content purveyors now. There are more shows than ever.

I love it. More choices, even after I've cut the cord from cable years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:29 AM   #25
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
He's meh at best imo but I bet the show is fun.
People are spoiled with adaptations of their interests. It wasn't that long ago that the adaptation of something like this was laughable at best.
Yeah, it's such a goddamned shame to see so many good adaptations of things, now. It's almost as if the people adapting these works give a shit.

I wish we'd go back to the days of wanting to have Superman fight a polar bear.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:21 AM   #26
thatlukeguy
Soul Reaper

Looks like they are looking to cast a BAME acrtress to portray Ciri (a white character in the books) and a lot of fans of the series are pretty pissed about it.

http://www.nyt.org.uk/my-account/opp...ustry-castings

https://old.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...that_changing/
thatlukeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #27
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

The source is the ResetEra forum (formerly shamed out of existence NeoGAF forum) and directly contradicts earlier statements from the showrunner. It'd practically start an international incident with Poland if they did that. I think it would be a huge mistake to modify a beloved already unique character in such an obviously heavy handed way. Lazy. Especially when the books are very specific.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #28
Terran
Evil Dead

It would be hilariously hypocritical of progressives, and therefore par for the course, to demand that actors must represent in the real world the characters they inhabit in fictional worlds (i.e. 'gay actor playing gay character, Asian actor playing Asian character, etc., et. al.) and then violate that central tenet of their approach to art.

It's not progressive if it's not a pile of bullshit stinking up the room, lol.

Even a cursory check of the links above shows a pathetic approach to the issue by progressive Poles whose only recourse appears to be "We've been victims too, you know...boo hoo, check us out on the ladder of victims before you remove a Pole from the story." If that's the best you've got, then I hope they remove every single vestige of your culture from the story to perhaps once and for all teach you that your approach to life needs a major revamp and progressives need to be opposed, not mollified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:02 PM   #29
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatlukeguy View Post
Looks like they are looking to cast a BAME acrtress to portray Ciri (a white character in the books) and a lot of fans of the series are pretty pissed about it.

http://www.nyt.org.uk/my-account/opp...ustry-castings

https://old.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...that_changing/
Being the victim is never a good idea. Especially when you have been the dominate race for the past 2000 years. It just doesn't work. The whining from that pole is cringe.

Assert your culture, shame and mock the creators as traitors. Don't buy or watch the product. Using left wing tactics that appeal to feels is not going to work and will only weaken you further. Remember, you deserve it. Whytie.

Having Netflix in 2018. TFW my woman is less cucked than your average ebil avatar user. She doesn't want it in our house either.

Q Boomers are even turning that shit off. lol
Old 09-09-2018, 07:11 PM   #30
RAV
Lord

Depends. Considering the boundless compassion towards some people combined with the boundless malice towards those considered priviliged.
I think it's worth pointing out that people from all walks of life had it tough in some form or another, and deserve to be treated with a minimum of decency for it.
But yeah, this argument can easily slide into partaking in a pathetic competition of who deserves the most pity, instead of finding dignity in difficulty, which really is what it's about.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:23 PM   #31
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
I think it's worth pointing out that people from all walks of life had it tough in some form or another, and deserve to be treated with a minimum of decency for it.
I don't because anyone with half a brain already knows this. And the ones that don't take it into account never will because it gets in the way of their agenda.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:09 PM   #32
RAV
Lord

I don't know. I think anyone can at times be too absorbed in the own problems and lose sight of what others go through. And I consider this realization part of what builds character.
Sometimes it's useful to remind yourself that while you are whining about shit, some other kids in the world are starving. Be more grateful for what you have.
But then again, our lives are defined by common tragedy. Whether you are a millionaire or a streets bum, you know what losing a loved one feels like,
or failing your goals, or being betrayed, or being denied, or a thousand other common difficulties that basically feel the same for everyone,
and are mostly what makes up anyone's life, this endless stream of common hardship and setbacks you have to learn dealing with.
And it is this that gives us all commonality. But is it this you'd think about when trashing some CEO or celebrity?
What shit they had to go through in their career to get where they are? What sacrifices they have made?
Nah, too much fun gloating about their failures, while picturing their lives as nothing but sunshine.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:38 PM   #33
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
What shit they had to go through in their career to get where they are? What sacrifices they have made?
Oh, i thought you were talking about real problems, not cheesy first world ones.

Fuck dude...You've got some life to live.

Tags
the witcher