Last post by Chimpbot
Today 06:32 AM
7 Replies, 415 Views

Old 09-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Assassin's Creed III Getting Remastered

Quote:
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s season pass will include, among other things, a remastered version of Assassin’s Creed III, publisher Ubisoft said today. There’s also downloadable content set in Atlantis, DLC surrounding the “first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade,” and a remaster of Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation.

The Assassin’s Creed III remaster will also be available standalone for PC, PS4, and Xbox One when it goes live in March, Ubisoft said.

There’s a meaty collection of goodies in Odyssey’s season pass—as there should be, for $40—and includes two big DLC packs that encompass three episodes each, with new episodes releasing every six weeks. The first pack, Legacy of the First Blade, is for big Assassin’s Creed nuts—it’ll start this December and tell the story of the first Assassin, who apparently wasn’t Bayek? Said Ubisoft: “This episodic adventure will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade, changing the course of history. Players will learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight from the shadows.”

The second DLC pack, The Fate of Atlantis, is a sequel to the iconic Indiana Jones game. Just kidding. It’ll take you to the infamous underwater city, which sounds incredible.

Ubisoft also says there will be free new content for everyone who buys Odyssey, which comes out October 5. Here’s what you’ll get, via Ubisoft:
  • The Lost Tales of Greece: Free episodic questlines will release regularly in-between episodes, providing a constant flow of new stories for players to discover. These quests will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
  • Recurring In-Game Events: Each week a new epic ship or mercenary will appear, presenting players with challenging battles as they hunt down these powerful enemies. Daily and weekly contracts will send players on new quests across Greece.
  • Discovery Tour: The educational tool will let players explore the game world in a conflict-free environment and learn about Ancient Greece’s monuments, culture and history.
  • Many more updates, including new monstrous and mythical creatures to defy and a New Game Plus mode presenting new challenges and the ability to see how different choices affect players’ stories.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
There’s also downloadable content set in Atlantis, DLC surrounding the “first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade,” and a remaster of Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation.
"If you thought Origins wasn't originy enough, wait until you get a load of this game! It's 1000% more originy than Origins ever was!"

$40 is pretty friggin' steep for a season pass, although it's essentially the normal going rate for Ubisoft games at this point. I like the fact that it'll include a gussied-up version of AC3, though; I never got around to playing that one, so it's more enticing.

With that being said, I'll probably end up passing on this one. I've never been overly fond of the Greek/Roman setting and mythology, I've kinda had my fill of Assassin's Creed as a whole, and Spider-Man and RDR will be all the open-world gameplay I need for the foreseeable future.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

I can't keep up with these games.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:55 PM   #4
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

The sad part is I can't even remember if I finished AC III! Thank goodness for achievements/trophies so I can look it up. I remember it being one of the few games last gen that actually ran/looked better on PS3.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #5
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Damn, this comes out on October 5th? This looks like one of the best Assassin's Creed game + season pass packages ever. That's a lot of content. I thought this came out later in Oct though, it's the same week as Forza Horizon 4. I'm thinking Assassin's Creed will take priority then, I've been pumped for this since hearing it was in ancient Greece.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:40 PM   #6
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Damn, this comes out on October 5th? This looks like one of the best Assassin's Creed game + season pass packages ever. That's a lot of content. I thought this came out later in Oct though, it's the same week as Forza Horizon 4. I'm thinking Assassin's Creed will take priority then, I've been pumped for this since hearing it was in ancient Greece.
Me too. I hope there is some "This is Sparta!" homage/easter egg in it somewhere. My father thinks we have Greek ancestry. Gotta get one of those DNA kits.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:51 AM   #7
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostblaze View Post
I can't keep up with these games.
Because it's on a yearly release schedule. I think they only skipped a year once, and that was between Syndicate and Origins.

I'll skip this one until I can pick up the game and season pass together on the cheap. I was able to purchase the Collector's Edition (w/ statue, Season Pass, etc.) for $60 a few months ago.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assassin's creed 3, assassin's creed odyssey