Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Liberals gone wild
Last post by RAV
Today 09:18 AM
2,233 Replies, 259,502 Views
Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:42 AM
20 Replies, 1,315 Views
Sega's 16-Bit...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:34 AM
15 Replies, 906 Views
Call of Duty: Black Ops...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:07 AM
0 Replies, 100 Views
Giant Shark Movie The...
Last post by 92miata
Yesterday 09:13 PM
5 Replies, 863 Views
Fallout 76's Solution To...
Last post by MavenACTG
Yesterday 08:07 PM
19 Replies, 2,083 Views
Marvel’s Spider-Man –...
Last post by MadMurdock_0311
Yesterday 06:08 PM
1 Replies, 666 Views
DOOM Eternal Debut...
Last post by Booda
Yesterday 05:15 AM
10 Replies, 1,657 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2018, 10:14 PM   #21
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 6,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Calm down dude. I was just trying to explain that I was giving the opinion of two people who gave it an hour or so of thoughts right after having seen it.
This makes it worse. You really did talk about this fucking movie for an hour or so? Not quite an hour you say? More than 3 1/2 mins?

Like i said, it may be time for me to leave this board. Because what your telling me is triggering the fuck out of me. This board is full of grown men that pay money for this shit, its disturbing.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:27 PM   #22
vivafletcher
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 478
White liberals...Obama...Hillary...blah blah blah. Can you people enjoy anything anymore? Or is everything a micro-validation of some plot against you from the deep state?

Lighten up, Francis.

I'll watch BP when the crowds go away. I liked Ragnarok, but it was a bit too silly. Almost like a Marvel "What if?" movie. I don't mind if BP is a little more serious, as long as there's some humor. Something in between Ragnarok and a DC movie would be fine (not counting Deadpool and Guardians, because I expect silly from them).
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:36 PM   #23
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 7,033
It was a really good movie. Of the 18 or so Marvel movies I put it in the top 10 easy. I liked the more dramatic tone over the recent fun and games movies they’ve been doing. I was a little wary going in due to the whole political roll up to the release but it was really well integrated into the plot of the movie.

There’s no doubt perceived racial injustice is central to the movie but more so along the lines of how far does someone put themselves out for people who aren’t your tribe. What risk and resources do you put into people who aren’t YOUR people no matter how similar they might be to you. How do you define your tribe and who is included? Is it as shallow as skin color? Even in the movie it is clear people of the same skin color are not in the same “tribe”.

It’s not as simple as people want it to be.

There were some cringe worthy and obviously shoehorned lines, especially ones like (spoiler) Killmonger’s last which he incorrectly identifies his ancestory in slavery which is nothing any Wakandan was victimized by or certainly not enmasse but “anti-Trump” vs. “Wakanda supports Trump’s approach!” politics everyone was screaming about were not the central focus part of the movie.

If you could avoid the news and internet and just watch the movie in a vacuum it would be a real good flick. Not a film, it isn’t anything epic, just a good movie to go watch.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:42 AM   #24
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
This makes it worse. You really did talk about this fucking movie for an hour or so? Not quite an hour you say? More than 3 1/2 mins?

Like i said, it may be time for me to leave this board. Because what your telling me is triggering the fuck out of me. This board is full of grown men that pay money for this shit, its disturbing.
Yeah, how dare people enjoy things...
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:27 AM   #25
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
This makes it worse. You really did talk about this fucking movie for an hour or so? Not quite an hour you say? More than 3 1/2 mins?

Like i said, it may be time for me to leave this board. Because what your telling me is triggering the fuck out of me. This board is full of grown men that pay money for this shit, its disturbing.
Yes. It’s time for you to leave this board.

Your “act” that you put on for ...nobody is tired and has been tired for a very long time. You are ranting and carrying out this performance about a guy discussing a movie with his wife... why exactly? For who exactly? What invisible audience do you think is laugh track-ing along with your nonsense because I think most of us here just think you’re kind of a douchebag.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:34 AM   #26
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
This makes it worse. You really did talk about this fucking movie for an hour or so? Not quite an hour you say? More than 3 1/2 mins?

Like i said, it may be time for me to leave this board. Because what your telling me is triggering the fuck out of me. This board is full of grown men that pay money for this shit, its disturbing.
Do I have to tell you about all of the other mundane things we discussed like our jobs, the kids, medical crap, our families, etc so you can get down off that ledge? No we didn't talk about Black Panther for an hour. But it's pretty normal to talk with your wife about the movie you just saw, with your wife especially when you practically never spend any time alone, with your wife, because of the kids you have, with your wife. Does that make me enough of a man to scrape by in your eyes now? Has my conversation been approved?
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:21 AM   #27
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Do I have to tell you about all of the other mundane things we discussed like our jobs, the kids, medical crap, our families, etc so you can get down off that ledge? No we didn't talk about Black Panther for an hour. But it's pretty normal to talk with your wife about the movie you just saw, with your wife especially when you practically never spend any time alone, with your wife, because of the kids you have, with your wife. Does that make me enough of a man to scrape by in your eyes now? Has my conversation been approved?
You really don't need to justify what you do in your spare time or the things you discuss with your wife...especially if the subject matter is about a movie you happened to see recently, which is clearly part of a shared interest.

It's absolutely absurd for someone at a gaming and "geek/nerd culture" site to be so ridiculously judgemental about something most of the people here share an interest in. It's not as if the fact that most of the people here are interesting in comic books and comic book movies is some new revelation; we've had lengthy discussions about all of the MCU movies since 2008.

The "I'm too manly for this shit" act he's suddenly putting on is about as reasonable as his thinly-veiled racism.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:58 AM   #28
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,603
Took the whole family last night and we enjoyed the heck out of it. Tuesday nights at our local theater are usually absolutely DEAD, but it was jam packed last night and our showing was sold out.

Well worth a theater viewing. It's not a cure for cancer. It's not a Citizen Kane for the twenty-first century. It's just a well done film with solid acting, characters, dialogue, and story. It's just a damn good film.

A whole bunch of people seem to be pouring a whole lot more meaning into this film than just a well done, successful film would ordinarily deserve. I know in part that has to do with the excitement at a majority black cast in a story set primarily in Africa with a positive representation of black culture. That's all well and good, but the film isn't preachy or ideological except for a moment or two here or there.

I actually find it a bit depressing that folks are raving over a FICTIONAL society and its presentation of blacks in such a positive light. Folks should be looking to HISTORICAL representations that do that instead, such as Hidden Figures (a terrific film).

This film is very good at what it does and is worth a viewing. See it!
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:28 PM   #29
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 6,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Does that make me enough of a man to scrape by in your eyes now? Has my conversation been approved?
Yeah, people talk about movies they see. And that's the problem, you went and saw this movie even after all of politics that are being played with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Yes. It’s time for you to leave this board.

Your “act” that you put on for ...nobody is tired and has been tired for a very long time. You are ranting and carrying out this performance about a guy discussing a movie with his wife... why exactly? For who exactly? What invisible audience do you think is laugh track-ing along with your nonsense because I think most of us here just think you’re kind of a douchebag.
Caring about what people who type 200 words to say what can be said in 5 think, is not something i care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
You really don't need to justify what you do in your spare time or the things you discuss with your wife...especially if the subject matter is about a movie you happened to see recently, which is clearly part of a shared interest.


The "I'm too manly for this shit" act he's suddenly putting on is about as reasonable as his thinly-veiled racism.
Actually you fucking cuck, if this website is indeed a corner for conservative guys who play games i absolutely can demand he justify why he went and saw that piece of shit....with his wife..ugh.

And top lel on the thinly veiled racism. At what point in the past 2 years has my racism been anything but blunt? Derp..


I think i'm out for a while. The change i thought might happen culturally is not happening, yet. Grown men are still taking their wives and kids to see garbage movies built around tearing whats left of american culture down. You guys think there is room for everyone and everything, but there just isn't. And bugmen such as yourselves are the only ones that think it.


http://altright.libsyn.com/

The discussions have been quite redundant for a while now.
Later bros, see ya in a year or two or. Its time for a break.

Thanks for the space to say what i want EA. It is appreciated.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:59 PM   #30
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,494
So... You’re running away?
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:03 PM   #31
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,648
I thought the trailers looked pretty good. My brother told me there was less action than he had expected, which I guess is fine. I'm interested in seeing where they go with the MCU after the next two Avengers films. (I haven't seen BP or the latest Thor).

I wonder if they won't make BP's sister (or whoever is the tech genius in BP) Ironman in the future.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #32
LostToys
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I actually find it a bit depressing that folks are raving over a FICTIONAL society and its presentation of blacks in such a positive light.
Not only that, but an unobtainable one because its strongest caveat as that Wakanda was able to exist in Africa without being influenced/affected by colonization.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #33
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Later bros, see ya in a year or two or. Its time for a break.
Before you go, I really have to recommend a terrific film you just have to see. You'll love it!

Black Panther.
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:15 AM   #34
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Took the whole family last night and we enjoyed the heck out of it. Tuesday nights at our local theater are usually absolutely DEAD, but it was jam packed last night and our showing was sold out.

Well worth a theater viewing. It's not a cure for cancer. It's not a Citizen Kane for the twenty-first century. It's just a well done film with solid acting, characters, dialogue, and story. It's just a damn good film.

A whole bunch of people seem to be pouring a whole lot more meaning into this film than just a well done, successful film would ordinarily deserve. I know in part that has to do with the excitement at a majority black cast in a story set primarily in Africa with a positive representation of black culture. That's all well and good, but the film isn't preachy or ideological except for a moment or two here or there.

I actually find it a bit depressing that folks are raving over a FICTIONAL society and its presentation of blacks in such a positive light. Folks should be looking to HISTORICAL representations that do that instead, such as Hidden Figures (a terrific film).

This film is very good at what it does and is worth a viewing. See it!
I don’t think that black people are excited about the particulars of wakanda, I think we are mostly excited that a black writer/director was allowed to create a fantasy creation that depicted a central cast of black people at all. Systemically, that’s something that is generally not allowed to happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...n-blackspecfic

If a black-centric fantasy work is allowed to be published at all by a commercial publisher, it is frequently relegated to the “ethnic” section of book stores and libraries instead of being able to be sold next to, say, Game Of Thrones. All white characters is just “fiction”. All or mostly black characters is “specialty fiction”.

So for Black Panther to be able to be shown at the same theatre, in the same release format, for the same audience as say, Thor, is a dramatic achievement for our society.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:50 AM   #35
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead
 
Wizzkidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,434
Saw BP last night. I wasn't really interested in it because of all the politics and hype, but my friend REALLY wanted to see it, and I have Moviepass, so I went.

I'd be a lying asshole if I said it wasn't good. It is. There are some instances of crappy CGI, generic action, and overall I'm left not really needing to see it again (like nearly every Marvel film). But it is a very good Marvel film. One of their best.

It's a lot like Wonder Woman was when it came out. Some people got hyped because of identity politics and made it seem more important than it was, but it was still a good movie regardless.
__________________
I used to indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:46 AM   #36
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
So for Black Panther to be able to be shown at the same theatre, in the same release format, for the same audience as say, Thor, is a dramatic achievement for our society.
As I said, folks are pouring a lot more into the vessel of this film than it merits, with your post among the evidence. Only progressive ideologues driven by separatist identity politics give a shit about the color of the cast or director. The rest of us just want a solid, entertaining movie when we go to the theater.

And that's what we got, an entertaining film. You can keep the rest of that racist dreck, because that's what it is to focus on dividing people by race...racism. Liberal Hollyweird absolutely swims in the stuff, as do progressives in general.
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:59 AM   #37
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead
 
Wizzkidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,434
An interesting opinion I heard is true: I've never went into a Superman, Captain America, or Arnold film thinking "Wow, this movie shows how a white guy can be a hero." I've never cared or thought about that. I loved Superman because I saw him when I was a little kid, and that has stayed with me. I loved Blade and (yes, even) Spawn when they came out, and continue to rewatch them to this day. When Blade says "Some motherfuckas are always trying to iceskate uphill." I think/thought that was one of the best lines ever spoken. I quote it every chance I get!

When I was young, I was a fan of films like "Blood in Blood Out" and "Friday" and numerous other films that didn't have anything to do with white people. It doesn't matter to me. A good movie is a good movie. Why have people forgotten that? I just hate feeling like I'm some kind of asshole because I happen to be white. I'm married to an Asian girl (fuck yeah), and I'm the first in my family to be born in the USA. I also served in the Army. Point is, the modern race talk leaves me feeling alienated. It doesn't involve or have anything to do with me. And it also irritates me.
__________________
I used to indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:26 AM   #38
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 818
1998 called



1971 says hi

Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:39 AM   #39
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
An interesting opinion I heard is true: I've never went into a Superman, Captain America, or Arnold film thinking "Wow, this movie shows how a white guy can be a hero." I've never cared or thought about that. I loved Superman because I saw him when I was a little kid, and that has stayed with me. I loved Blade and (yes, even) Spawn when they came out, and continue to rewatch them to this day. When Blade says "Some motherfuckas are always trying to iceskate uphill." I think/thought that was one of the best lines ever spoken. I quote it every chance I get!

When I was young, I was a fan of films like "Blood in Blood Out" and "Friday" and numerous other films that didn't have anything to do with white people. It doesn't matter to me. A good movie is a good movie. Why have people forgotten that? I just hate feeling like I'm some kind of asshole because I happen to be white. I'm married to an Asian girl (fuck yeah), and I'm the first in my family to be born in the USA. I also served in the Army. Point is, the modern race talk leaves me feeling alienated. It doesn't involve or have anything to do with me. And it also irritates me.
While I can say I had a very similar experience as you (right down to my love for the line, "Some motherfuckas are always trying to iceskate uphill."), our collective experience would be a little different from those who are part of a demographic that represents a mere 12-14% of the population. Perspectives are going to be different based on life experiences.

People are excited because this is a highly publicized, mainstream movie featuring a black main character and a predominantly black cast that isn't a brooding, angry vampire hunter with a secret stash of weapons; a brooding, angry military assassin-turned-demonic-warrior; Shaq with a hammer; Shaft or Madea. Black Panther is different from the rest; he's the king of a highly advanced society that isn't generically angry and brooding, nor does he fall into many of the tropes folks are accustomed to seeing.

I'm not saying that everyone needs characters that look like them at all times...but, it's pretty cool that kids who aren't white finally have a character who isn't a square-jawed white dude or a sidekick in the MCU.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:43 AM   #40
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
While I can say I had a very similar experience as you (right down to my love for the line, "Some motherfuckas are always trying to iceskate uphill."), our collective experience would be a little different from those who are part of a demographic that represents a mere 12-14% of the population.

People are excited because this is a highly publicized, mainstream movie featuring a black main character and a predominantly black cast that isn't a brooding, angry vampire hunter with a secret stash of weapons; a brooding, angry military assassin-turned-demonic-warrior; Shaq with a hammer; Shaft or Madea. Black Panther is different from the rest; he's the king of a highly advanced society that isn't generically angry and brooding, nor does he fall into many of the tropes folks are accustomed to seeing.

I'm not saying that everyone needs characters that look like them at all times...but, it's pretty cool that kids who aren't white finally have a character who isn't a square-jawed white dude or a sidekick in the MCU.
Instead they got a dude wearing a catwoman costume.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wakanada!!!!!!!!, weekend boxoffice chart

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:34 AM.