Last post by LostToys
Today 02:07 PM
3 Replies, 514 Views

Old 10-13-2018, 12:09 AM   #1
magicka
Lord

Iron Fist Kicked to the Curb

Quote:
If you were one of the people incredibly excited by the possibilities left open at the end of Iron Fist season two, we have some very bad news. Netflix just cancelled the show, making it the first Marvel show to get the axe.

“Marvel’s Iron Fist will not return for a third season on Netflix,” Netflix and Marvel said in a statement release to Deadline. “Everyone at Marvel Television and Netflix is proud of the series and grateful for all of the hard work from our incredible cast, crew and showrunners. We’re thankful to the fans who have watched these two seasons, and for the partnership we’ve shared on this series. While the series on Netflix has ended, the immortal Iron Fist will live on.”
Source: Gizmodo.

For shame. Last 5 minutes of season two showed the series might be about to get good for once.
magicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:28 AM   #2
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Is this the season where there is finally martial arts action in this martial arts series?
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:07 AM   #3
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

First season was my go to remedy to an irregular sleeping schedule.
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:52 AM   #4
Terran
Evil Dead

I gave up on it in the first season with the episode where the dude was literally beating on a corpse like a side of beef needing tenderizing. I'm all for violence, but it was so over-the-top stupid I just dropped it right there.

It wasn't good. The writing was really bad, the acting not much better, so it died. Shocker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:23 AM   #5
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I couldn't get into this one at all.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:42 AM   #6
MusicToEat
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicka View Post
For shame. Last 5 minutes of season two showed the series might be about to get good for once.

They probably should have started the season with that then...
MusicToEat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:40 AM   #7
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I liked Iron Fist season 1 for the crazy family dynamic. David Wenham stole the show. Everyone else was forgettable, especially the main. That said I'm not in a rush to watch season 2.

For me Luke Cage was borderline unwatchable. It had one great episode in the form of a flashback/origin, with the rest dragging on forever.

Jessica Jones season 1 had the best bad guy out of all the Marvel tv and movies. Season 2 was a good show buried by so much progressive pandering garbage it became distracting and like a joke.

Daredevil season 2 set the high bar nobody else has been able to meet. I totally understand why they aren't moving forward with a third season of Iron Fist. They should merge with Luke Cage and do the Heroes for Hire series to save the characters. Iron Fist/Luke Cage/Jessica Jones as a singular show would work where Defenders failed.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #8
brandonjclark
Subscriber

I gave this one a shot multiple times, just too boring.
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #9
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

The guy who played Ward Meechum did an amazing job in both seasons. The guy who played the head of the Meechum family also was great.

Everyone else was forgettable.

Second season was better than the first but there was, once again, a distinct lack of fighting and showing off martial arts and instead of solving the cliffhanger they left with at the end of season 1, what happened to the City of Kun-lun, they decided to take on some meta theme of addiction and protecting the city.

I wonder how much of the decision though was also predicated on Netflix not wanting to further invest in a show that may be poached to Disney's upcoming streaming service.

It's one thing when you have Daredevil that moves the needle on subscribers until the inevitable move to Disney's service (or cancellation) but for something mediocre (at best) like Iron Fist it probably isn't worth the slow burn.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #10
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

Season 1 and 2 both sucked.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:43 PM   #11
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

I couldn't stomach the first season; I stopped after about 8 episodes, and it was torturous making it that far in.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #12
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Love the character. Show was not great. But like others have said the last 5 minutes of the last episode was crazy. The show should have been that.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:02 AM   #13
alienchild
Subscriber

Watching Tom Pelphrey fall apart as Ward Meachum was fantastic. The scenes with an equally awesome David Wenham as Harold Meachum was the best of the first season in my opinion. Unfortunately the rest of the show fluctuated between boringly mediocre to downright aweful and unlikable. Especially in the first few episodes I really grew a dislike for the Danny character.

I haven't watched season 2 yet but I will absolutely see it. Too bad they cancelled it because it sounds like they were able to turn the show around.
alienchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #14
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Season 2 was a good show buried by so much progressive pandering garbage it became distracting and like a joke.
I have been reading some more conservative sources lately to get a balanced news diet, and I am starting to see this now too in media and entertainment. Virtue signaling through writing, not really getting at the heart of sociological issues, but trying to tackle them from the comfort of a writer's chair inside an office where the primary source of information is their own echo chamber.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:32 AM   #15
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter

This is what happens when you have the wrong dude casted in the lead and the wrong showrunner and what I can only expect is NO professional writers on staff.
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:10 AM   #16
Cranium
Reaper

Serviceable series, though Danny's an insufferable schmuck. After all the mystique and build-up about The Hand (for me, since Frank Miller took over Daredevil), the season 1 finale was a real anti-climax. Might watch Season 2 through here and again like I did Season 1 - it's real braindead zoneout stuff, nothing I'd ever binge, but the plot's so simple it's impossible to forget anything between episodes, even if it's been months between each.
Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:36 AM   #17
Rommel
International Playboy

Iron Fist was bad. Luke Cage was worse.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #18
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Iron Fist was bad. Luke Cage was worse.
Iron Fist was boring except for a few characters. Particularly Ward Meachum.

Cage has a good environment, they went all out to get the Harlem vibe down. The second season had a pretty good storyline too. But it is sooooo slooowwwww.

Jessica Jones first season had a good villain but was also slow as fuck.

Daredevil has been consistently slightly better than OK. I will binge the next season over the weekend.

Punisher was pretty damn good, of them all this is the one I most look forward to the next season.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:22 PM   #19
Terran
Evil Dead

Luke Cage punched out.

I don't think these Netflix cancellations of Marvel IP are much more than them trimming their Marvel involvement prior to Disney's new service opening and pulling all Disney IP off of Netflix. As the article implies, "the inability to agree to terms for a third season of the show" was a factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote