US State Senator Calls...
Last post by blackzc
Today 02:58 PM
26 Replies, 2,469 Views
» Promotion

Old 11-13-2017, 09:10 AM   #1
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Domestic disturbance reveals explosives maker.

So this is going on about 2 doors down from my house right now.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...113-story.html

https://twitter.com/VolusiaSheriff
Old 11-13-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Scary, dude.

You never know what sort of nutcase is living right next door.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Langer was charged with making and possessing a destructive device and was taken to the Volusia County Jail on $5,000 bail.
Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense....
Sensei-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #4
Terran
Evil Dead

Craziness. My wife and I have a policy of not allowing our children in anyone's homes in our neighborhood because of just this sort of thing (you don't really know them unless you live with them). After one family moved away we found out he was an abusive drug addict. Another neighbor has bars on her windows to keep her lunatic ex from returning to kill her. Another neighbor committed suicide.

This is an amazingly quiet middle class neighborhood. There aren't 'block parties,' the lots are up to an acre each with single-family dwellings of 2000+ square feet each, just a typical subdivision with typical people, but people are a mess.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:20 AM   #5
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Yeah, though i always thought of my neighborhood as being pretty safe. I was a bit skeptical about the previous news stories details. until I saw the interview with the Sheriff and the pictures on their twitter account.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:35 PM   #6
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
So this is going on about 2 doors down from my house right now.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...113-story.html

https://twitter.com/VolusiaSheriff

TIL where Kreigmstr lives to within like 4 houses

You don't happen to know any Garrett's in Orlando do you? Vick? Rita? They did real estate and ran a real estate school. They moved down there in like 89 from Louisville, setup drug stings with police, did surveillance, cleaned up an entire apartment complex.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:46 PM   #7
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

lol only person i know is a guy with the first name Garret. Knew him from work, he went into sales for us and lives in Toronto now.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #8
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
lol only person i know is a guy with the first name Garret. Knew him from work, he went into sales for us and lives in Toronto now.
Haha ok, i was asking because they know alot of people in orlando.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #9
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Meh, that sounds pretty peaceful compared to the daily SHIT in New Haven. There was a separate shooting and stabbing less than a block from me yesterday afternoon. The stabbing happened where minutes earlier I dropped off a Redbox movie at the corner Walgreens. The two guys involved were there when I was leaving.
Every few months a guy with a bomb strapped to his chest (likely fake) robs one of the banks across from me.
A biker gang drove all the away from California to blow out the brains of a tattoo parlor owner right in front of my driveway.
A SWAT team responded to a neighbor's house where an old lady was being held hostage by 3 armed black teenagers.
There's a section 8 building around the other side where the FBI and bomb squad raided an apartment stacked floor to ceiling with every kind of gun imaginable. Including boxes of grenades and a fully operational rocket launcher. The guy who lived there for 25 years was a neo-Nazi known for selling high powered rifles and automatic weapons specifically to black kids in downtown New Haven.

That's all just like a small glimpse into living here for a couple years. And rarely does it make the news because the city officials and police department don't talk. Additionally, it takes a year to get specific info out of them for my work's annual security report. And it's a real pain in the ass because I'm only sending the report back to the city that fines us for not getting it in on time when they are the ones who won't cooperate. Democrats with their fucking fingers in their ears.

Never come to Connecticut.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #10
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Meh, that sounds pretty peaceful compared to the daily SHIT in New Haven. There was a separate shooting and stabbing less than a block from me yesterday afternoon. The stabbing happened where minutes earlier I dropped off a Redbox movie at the corner Walgreens. The two guys involved were there when I was leaving.
Every few months a guy with a bomb strapped to his chest (likely fake) robs one of the banks across from me.
A biker gang drove all the away from California to blow out the brains of a tattoo parlor owner right in front of my driveway.
A SWAT team responded to a neighbor's house where an old lady was being held hostage by 3 armed black teenagers.
There's a section 8 building around the other side where the FBI and bomb squad raided an apartment stacked floor to ceiling with every kind of gun imaginable. Including boxes of grenades and a fully operational rocket launcher. The guy who lived there for 25 years was a neo-Nazi known for selling high powered rifles and automatic weapons specifically to black kids in downtown New Haven.

That's all just like a small glimpse into living here for a couple years. And rarely does it make the news because the city officials and police department don't talk. Additionally, it takes a year to get specific info out of them for my work's annual security report. And it's a real pain in the ass because I'm only sending the report back to the city that fines us for not getting it in on time when they are the ones who won't cooperate. Democrats with their fucking fingers in their ears.

Never come to Connecticut.
I live about half-way between Orlando and Daytona. It's essentially a small town that grew up around Orange farming on the far northeast edge of Orlando's suburban sprawl. There are plenty of places in Orlando where crazy shit happens, I just don't live there.