Old 03-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #41
Anenome
Autarchist

/r/bitcoin's response so far to the price bounce (now $44 btw):

:P
Old 03-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #42
Anenome
Autarchist

The price has settled at $43, pretty steady last few days. Now's as good a time as any.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #43
Anenome
Autarchist

Old 03-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #44
inscribed
Evil Dead

Have you spent any time on any of the 'free' bitcoin sites? The rewards seem small now, but if btc takes off like some of your articles predict, then those rewards wouldn't seem so piddly. Or are they mostly just scams?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #45
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inscribed View Post
Have you spent any time on any of the 'free' bitcoin sites? The rewards seem small now, but if btc takes off like some of your articles predict, then those rewards wouldn't seem so piddly. Or are they mostly just scams?
I have not, honestly. I assume they're all trying to get more value out of me than they want to give me, and I just don't like playing those sorts of advertiser games. Some people do. *shrug*

I saw a gambling minecraft bitcoin site wanted to give you partial coin ever 15 minutes you were logged on. Maybe it'd be worth it if you could massively multibox or something :P Did the math, it was one bitcoin for every 240 hours your were online in their site. Meh. And I'll bet they want you to spend it on gambling too! (as in, you can't transfer it out of the site unless you first gamble it or something? dunno)

I suppose if you had no other options it might be a way to get your hands on -some- bitcoin, for future hedge. No doubt some young techie kids will do this lacking pay options. But I'm gonna basically use bitcoin as a bank / value-store / savings account, buy out of each paycheck with excesses. It's risky, but may prove to be the best investment one can buy today.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #46
Anenome
Autarchist

Old 03-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #47
Anenome
Autarchist

Max Keiser again, this guy's quite the character. He claims to be a bitcoin millionaire in this vid, and is pretty hilarious in his advocacy. I don't know how seriously to take him, but it's entertaining :P

Somebackground on him.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #48
Anenome
Autarchist

Bitcoin wallpaper: http://i.imgur.com/j8L5hhZ.jpg
Old 03-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #49
inscribed
Evil Dead

Got my account verified and now the damn thing is over 47$... Don't know if I should buy now before it hits 50$ or cross my fingers and hope it dips down below 40$ again.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #50
Anenome
Autarchist

Well, I bought today at ~$47. I think long term it won't matter, the potential is pretty huge, and we haven't seen enough volatility lately to think it's likely to hit $40 any time soon. Not since the peak.

On top of that, the new US version of Mt. Gox opens 3-22, known as Coinlab, probably result in a surge of new demand, as it's pretty tough for NAmericans to get money into Gox due to banking laws.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #51
Anenome
Autarchist

$48 today...

Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #52
inscribed
Evil Dead

$40.000! Should have waited until now to buy! I would be picking up more but I can't until my first authorization clears. I'm not sweating it, it'll no doubt bounce back, but actually owning bitcoin now means I constantly have this tracker up on a monitor.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #53
inscribed
Evil Dead

Damn 38.500....
Old 03-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #54
inscribed
Evil Dead

http://www.thebitcointrader.com/2013...as-forked.html

Quote:
Developers are currently holding an emergency discussion in #bitcoin-dev to determine a way forward.

The gist of the problem is that 0.7 and 0.8 clients have diverged with each building a different blockchain because 0.7 clients did not accept 0.8 blocks from a certain point.

The problem was likely caused by large blocks being rejected by miners running the 0.7 client.

At this point mining pools, merchants, and exchanges are considering taking themselves offline until a way forward is agreed upon. As a result, you may see that your transactions are slow to confirm, though that might be a moot point if the blockchain is rolled back.

This is a dark day for Bitcoin. Implications for the exchange rate will likely be huge... should Bitcoins be sold off prior to the exchanges going offline.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #55
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
actually owning bitcoin now means I constantly have this tracker up on a monitor.
Haha, I do too, as a pinned tab

Yeah, the whole fork today, I saw it hit 38! Dang, coulda bought some nicely. Back up to 47 now.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #56
Anenome
Autarchist

this = lol
Old 03-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #57
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
this = lol
Video sold me. Next time it drops below $30 I'll buy!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #58
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Sell out...
Old 03-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #59
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Video sold me. Next time it drops below $30 I'll buy!
Lol, you might be waiting awhile, even with the forking-glitch it barely went down to $38, and so fast back up I couldn't even buy any. We've been pretty stable at ~$47 for many days now.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #60
inscribed
Evil Dead

Yes the rebound from the fork incident was pretty impressive. If something that major had happened to the dollar, it would of taken years to recover. The bitcoin was able to recover in a matter of hours. The power of decentralized planning.

Tags
bitcoin, bubble-icious, design, drawing, everyone's a critic, i have to poop brb, i never post content, let me bitch at you, mobilefag, ossum, pagebreaker, picts, satoshi, shitty ass pics, t-shirts, yoshi