Today 05:21 AM
18,122 Replies, 2,814,951 Views

Old 12-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Bad Company 3 is Next Battlefield Game, Says YouTuber Who Leaked Battlefield 1

PCGamesN has the story.

Quote:
If you took a poll of every Battlefield fan and asked them what they wanted, Bad Company 3 would rank pretty high, right next to Ďdonít bring that Battlefront 2 loot box stuff over here.í According to a supposed leak, from the same YouTuber who predicted Battlefield 1 a few months before its unveiling, thatís exactly whatís going on with Battlefield 2018.

TheAlmightyDaq posted his findings, which he claims come from an inside source at DICE, over on the official subreddit. While most videos like this would be ignored, Daq has some credit for his 10 minute Battlefield 1 video from March 2016, in which he accurately predicted many details of that game long before it was publicly revealed.

As for the actual content of the game, Daq gets quite detailed. It will focus on the Vietnam era, spreading into later Cold War arcs. There will be a full campaign, natch, that will not stick rigidly to historical accuracy - much like Battlefield 1 didn't. Tighter maps and the return of Rush - Bad Company's most popular game mode - are also mentioned, along with Battlefield standards like Team Deathmatch and Conquest.

Everything else will sound fairly normal for Battlefield - four classes, modern weapons and armour, helicopters, the works. Microtransactions are apparently not being considered in a major way beyond the Battlepack system. While he makes no mention of it, it would be surprising to see a Battlefield game drop the season pass structure.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #2
IGXGamingTV
Game. Stream. Beer.

If this is true and they do stay w/ the Vietnam War arc, I'm in! This game could save me from my current funk and disdain for the current shooters.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Bad...... Company....... THREE??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes please!
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #4
Mitorofu
Someone's Dad

I really want to get excited for this (maybe not as much as brandonj, but still), but I'm terrified to see what sort of mobile-esque bullshit they graft on the game.
Mitorofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:09 AM   #5
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitorofu View Post
I really want to get excited for this (maybe not as much as brandonj, but still), but I'm terrified to see what sort of mobile-esque bullshit they graft on the game.
I'm actually VERY optimistic because of how they've handled BF4 and BF1. They trashed the web browser launcher, thank God, and brought it back into game. And with Destiny 2 really taking a licking due to the loot box fiasco, I think they will play it safe and deliver a typical BF game with stripped with like 4 or 5 MP maps to launch, with the obvious addons and Premium additions.

I think as long as it's brought well into the Bad Company tone, it will be amazing!

Also, I'd REALLY like fully-destructible environments, just once more.

brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Since EA has specifically said that all of their products need to be mostly multiplayer themed, I imagine this will suffer pretty bad in the translation.

I hope not, but I’m pretty skeptical of anything from EA now. They have just been destroying developers & franchises left and right. (Respawn I’m looking your direction.)
Old 12-14-2017, 04:50 AM   #7
wildcard
Soul Reaper

I really want this to be good, hell Id take just an updated bc2 or bf3 for that matter. I am very worried after bf4 and 1, they were just poor BF games.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad company 2, bad company 3, battlefield, dice, ea games