New Trailer for AMC's...
Last post by Sammael
Today 12:17 PM
5 Replies, 428 Views

Old 12-08-2017, 07:03 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

The Game Awards 2017 Winners, News Roundup

IGN has posted a thorough roundup of The Game Awards 2017.

Quote:
In addition to celebrating the best games of the year, The Game Awards 2017 featured a number of exciting reveals. If you missed the show or are just looking for an overview of the event, we've got you covered with a full rundown of all the news, trailers, and award winners from this year's show.

Here's a look at all the world premieres, release date announcements, and more.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:17 AM   #2
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Cuphead scooped up a bunch of awards. Great night for Nintendo, though. Ubisoft's Mario + Rabbids got strategy game of the year and Zelda: Breath of the Wild got game of the year, plus Bayonetta 3 was announced as a coming Nintendo Switch exclusive. (Bayonetta 1 and 2 bundle also coming to Switch)

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 12-08-2017 at 07:33 AM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #3
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

I'm surprised no one is talking about the extended Death Stranding trailer...
Old 12-08-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I'm surprised no one is talking about the extended Death Stranding trailer...
I believe people are still trying to figure out what to say about it.
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:56 AM   #5
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Need more games with big boobs. WTF.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:01 AM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I wonder if anyone at The Game Awards realizes how self defeating it is to give awards out to Nintendo? That's a huge blow for the entire industry. You don't take an industry that is farming out games at millions and millions of dollars in development and advertising and then give out all the awards to a product developed for small children.

Look at Hollywood, do you see them giving more than 1 Oscar to the kids movies? No.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:14 PM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
...give out all the awards to a product developed for small children.

Look at Hollywood, do you see them giving more than 1 Oscar to the kids movies? No.
LOL. You went there!

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #8
Scherge
Voice of Reason

Quote:
I wonder if anyone at The Game Awards realizes how self defeating it is to give awards out to Nintendo? That's a huge blow for the entire industry. You don't take an industry that is farming out games at millions and millions of dollars in development and advertising and then give out all the awards to a product developed for small children.
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Because if you're saying what I think you're saying, then you believe that a strong Nintendo that's finally getting attractive for 3rd-party developers and publishers again would be a bad thing for the industry. Which, of course, would be utter nonsense, so this can't be the meaning of your post.

I'd like to add that I'm still on the fence myself and haven't bought a Switch yet. "Breath of the Wild" does nothing for me, I'm not a Mario fan, and I downright hate "Splatoon". But it's undeniable that a huge number of people love these games, and they're not just "Last Year's Title +1"... well, except "Splatoon 2", I guess.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #9
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:

I can't tell if you're just being sarcastic or if this is simply another one of your completely inept assessments.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #10
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Use Google translate. His meaning is abundantly clear, lol, and hilarious!

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:40 PM   #11
brandonjclark
Subscriber

I enjoy Nintendo (1st party) games like I enjoy watching Toy Story or Shrek.

It's kind of a "awwww, good for them" feeling.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:19 PM   #12
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:

Quote:
I can't tell if you're just being sarcastic or if this is simply another one of your completely inept assessments.

He's joking. It has to be sarcasm. Zelda (the game that got the biggest award) is great for all ages. Not sure how anyone could interpret Zelda as "developed for small children". I'd say the opposite. It's a really challenging game at times. If he were serious, maybe he's referring to the Switch itself, but he can't be, because that growing library consists of the likes of Doom, Bayonetta 3, Wolfenstein II, etc along with their more family friendly titles. Again, the Switch's library - all ages.

So it's nonsense or sarcasm, and because I like Evil so much, I'm going to choose to believe it's sarcasm.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:16 PM   #13
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
He's joking. It has to be sarcasm. Zelda (the game that got the biggest award) is great for all ages. Not sure how anyone could interpret Zelda as "developed for small children". I'd say the opposite. It's a really challenging game at times. If he were serious, maybe he's referring to the Switch itself, but he can't be, because that growing library consists of the likes of Doom, Bayonetta 3, Wolfenstein II, etc along with their more family friendly titles. Again, the Switch's library - all ages.

So it's nonsense or sarcasm, and because I like Evil so much, I'm going to choose to believe it's sarcasm.
Well, it's not like the competition was very strong from the more mature source material developers this year? Next year should be a better showing for sure.

Zelda ticks off all the marks. It has interesting gameplay that requires skill, technique and pattern recognition on top of the exploration and story. I'd call it a prime example of a solid good game but I just don't care about the IP.

I still find it absolutely stupid that Bayo is once again a nintendo only thing for another iteration. Why. The fan base gets fucked once again. She deserves better than this. This is why she isn't as big as she was when she was on the playstation/xbox.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #14
blackzc
Evil Dead

Im 8 years old and i like Zelda. Why are there no quest arrows in Zelda? Its so hard.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #15
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
She deserves better than this. This is why she isn't as big as she was when she was on the playstation/xbox.
She belongs to us now. Accept this.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:59 PM   #16
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
I still find it absolutely stupid that Bayo is once again a nintendo only thing for another iteration. Why. The fan base gets fucked once again. She deserves better than this. This is why she isn't as big as she was when she was on the playstation/xbox.

Nintendo, of all companies, was the only one willing to give the series a shot when it came to the sequel. Like it or not, Bayonetta wouldn't exist any more if it weren't for Nintendo stepping in to publish the second one.

No one else was willing to step up to the plate.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:04 AM   #17
Scherge
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Nintendo, of all companies, was the only one willing to give the series a shot when it came to the sequel. Like it or not, Bayonetta wouldn't exist any more if it weren't for Nintendo stepping in to publish the second one.

No one else was willing to step up to the plate.
Exactly. PlatinumGames is one of those developers where core fans simply assume that every game is a hit, when in fact it's more like 3 flops to 1 decently selling title. It was great that they got a breather with "NieR: Automata", but the Platinum guys need more support by loyal fans that follow them from title to title. Seeing how hard most of their games tank (Transformers, Turtles, Korra, "Anarchy Reigns", "Mad World", even "Vanquish"... oh, and let's not forget the disaster that was "Scalebound"), regular publishers are wary.

On the other hand, Bayonetta is the perfect IP for a platform holder that cares more about a diverse portfolio than sales numbers. Since Nintendo hopes to regain the mid-core market, every non-kiddy exclusive is welcome!
Old 12-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #18
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
Exactly. PlatinumGames is one of those developers where core fans simply assume that every game is a hit, when in fact it's more like 3 flops to 1 decently selling title. It was great that they got a breather with "NieR: Automata", but the Platinum guys need more support by loyal fans that follow them from title to title. Seeing how hard most of their games tank (Transformers, Turtles, Korra, "Anarchy Reigns", "Mad World", even "Vanquish"... oh, and let's not forget the disaster that was "Scalebound"), regular publishers are wary.

On the other hand, Bayonetta is the perfect IP for a platform holder that cares more about a diverse portfolio than sales numbers. Since Nintendo hopes to regain the mid-core market, every non-kiddy exclusive is welcome!
Hell, Nintendo can afford to publish some of the niche titles and bankroll them with the success of their main IPs; they probably made enough from BotW and Odyssey alone to fund a dozen games like Bayonetta 3.

She may as well be a Nintendo character as this point...and that's kinda awesome.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:25 AM   #19
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:

Such a nonsensical post.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the game awards 2017