Last post by LostToys
Yesterday 09:03 PM
4 Replies, 356 Views

Old 11-14-2018, 04:24 AM   #2721
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
The chart is inaccurate on the "Y" axis as it seems to consider the entirety of content on Breitbart, the Daily Wire, and other popular sites more in the "opinion" while elevating the NYT and Washington Post despite the fact many of their stories, even outside of the Opinion, editorials, and letters section contain a large amount of editorializing rather than "analysis".

In addition, while many of the publications often do add "facts" as they see them they tend to forget to add the counterbalance facts creating lies of omission and negating any reasonable and balanced reporting. This results in even stronger editorializing and agenda pushes which should destroy their credibility to begin with but, somehow, they manage to survive and get to call themselves journalists rather than Pundits, Activists, or Partisans. A privilege not given to their right wing counterparts. This is one of the reasons record numbers of people don't trust these media companies to give them the straight news... because these companies DON'T. They hide and obfuscate details that aren't convenient to their angle.

But wait, the chart isn't finished! It goes even further off the rails of believability by delegitimizing the largest and popular right wing sites outlets like Fox and Breitbart in the "fabricates info" section while allowing Slate and Vox to reside in the "Complex Analysis" sections.

Vox and Slate are NOT the places people go to get in-depth analysis on the issues. One has its roots in culture before tackling "real news" and the other's claim to fame is trying to normalize pedophila by being the first to add a "virtuous" pedo guest columnist to their staff.

Finally, as of yet neither Breitbart nor the Daily Wire or many others tagged in the "make up information" category have been caught in fully documented and proven lies unlike CNN, MSNBC, NBC, the Washington Post, or the New York Times. Trump wouldn't be able to get away with calling them fake news all the time if there weren't some truth to it. Yet all of these folks in the upper bracket have had to issue embarrassing retractions or even had to fire people over significant failures of journalism or journalistic ethics.

They certainly put their own spin on the news, just like everyone else which is why I'd argue NO ONE in the Western World Media, except maybe Al-Jazeera should be allowed to sit in the "green box" of the chart. Everyone else is Yellow or worse.

And for double points: so far no one at Breitbart has had their CEO or best on air talent fired or smeared in a #MeToo moment unlike several prominent news people and leaders at the other companies.
https://www.theamericanconservative....s-alex-marlow/

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/breitbart/

These are just undeniable and undefendable lies. But breitbart doesn't have to fire anyone when it lies and literally no one cares because they have no journalistic standards at all really. Their editor freely admits it. They publish news that they don't even believe is true. You are crazy if you think daily mail doesn't do this as well. A google search would show you tons of outright lies they have spread. Why are you even trying to compare them to outlets that try to maintain journalistic standards and don't allow conspiracy theories with no legitimate sources to be published.

I agree that the list isn't perfect and is maybe too generous on the smaller liberal outlets as you move away from the center. I also think fox news isn't as bad as they are suggesting, but I'm unclear on if they are lumping their opinion people in like hannity. If so then it really isn't inaccurate to say that almost all "reporting" from hannity is on the level of extremely dishonest fabricated propaganda. CNN doesn't have any opinion people who engage in completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and extreme distortion of facts like he does.

All outlets engage in lies of omission to some extent, it is almost impossible not. But as you move away from the center of the chart the degree to which the news outlets engage in this kind of deception gets worse. Breitbart is completely over the top ridiculous with it. Almost every article on their site engages in these tactics. It is much worse than any of the news outlets in the top box on the chart. Their editor freely said that they intentionally did this on a massive scale with Roy Moore.

Last edited by Eats; 11-14-2018 at 08:13 AM..
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #2722
Eats
Developer

Quote:
What a sheep you are "provably altered" is such a sham to make poor Acosta into such a victim. The footage from the video released was zoomed in, not doctored or otherwise altered to magnify the event. Acosta interfered with the duties of the intern by physical means. If you watch the two side by side you may see one or two frames drop due to compression and key frame interpolation but there's no radical speeding up of the action.

But I guess it's a case of "who are you going to believe, your own eyes or the Mainstream Media?!"
They absolutely only sped up the part where he is moving his arm down, and then froze it to resync with the ap version right after. It is undeniable, and it is clear intentional manipulation to deceive people. You can very clearly see where they froze the frame to sync back up the the ap video at 20% speed after his arm movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXZ2jRZMLrg

The WH chose to turn Acosta into a victim by doctoring footage of him and misrepresenting it to us. I'm not going to argue whether there are 4 lights or not if you want to continue to pretend the footage isn't doctored when it very obviously is. Political allegiance does not change reality, there are still 4 lights.

Also did Obama ever throw out a journalist like this? I seriously doubt it.

Last edited by Eats; 11-14-2018 at 08:41 AM..
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #2723
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

A video forensics expert claimed that there was no evidence that the footage had been doctored despite being on the left with his conclusions. Buzzfeed (hardly a bastion of conservatism) came to the conclusion that while the video is different than the original source, it was a matter of video compression and not intentional doctoring to show something that didn't exist. In fact, CNN was the worst offender here as they showed the video and then omitted the entire confrontation between Acosta and the staffer.

Eats, nobody believes that you are somehow impartial, except perhaps you yourself. And if you really do believe that about yourself, it's time for a very hard look in the mirror. You don't appear to be unintelligent but you do need to wake up.

edit: I removed some ad hominem

Last edited by Chief Smash; 11-14-2018 at 12:53 PM..
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #2724
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

No your buddy Obozo never did anything to journalists. Oh wait his DOJ spied on AP reporters. [URL=https://www.wired.com/2013/05/doj-got-reporter-phone-records/
[/URL]

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/u...zed-by-us.html

How quickly you forget that Obama did the same thing you're pissy at Trump for, claiming "doctored footage" http://fortune.com/2018/07/26/cnn-wh...ox-news-trump/

Face it Eats, you're intellectually dishonest due to your schilling for the left.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:20 AM   #2725
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
They absolutely only sped up the part where he is moving his arm down, and then froze it to resync with the ap version right after. It is undeniable, and it is clear intentional manipulation to deceive people. You can very clearly see where they froze the frame to sync back up the the ap video at 20% speed after his arm movement.

The WH chose to turn Acosta into a victim by doctoring footage of him and misrepresenting it to us.
I am not going to bother giving you a session on how video compression works but you should investigate key frames and interpolation.

Quote:
Also did Obama ever throw out a journalist like this? I seriously doubt it.
Of course Obama never threw out "journalists". People rarely throw out sycophants. Even Grima Wormtongue was the last surviving member of Théoden's court. They never asked, like a pullstring puppet, each and every day about his various scandals or tried to yell over crowds to get his attention.

"Mr. President, it has been 5 minutes, have you changed your response on Fast and Furious?"

"MR PRESIDENT, WHILE YOU ARE MEETING WITH THAT FOREIGN LEADER OVER THERE SO I HAVE TO YELL CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT YOUR STANCE IS ON USING THE IRS TO TARGET RIGHT WING ENTITIES?"

Trump, on the other hand has to go into each and every conference girded for war to answer the same dumb questions from hacks who have no talent except, apparently, to be as douchy and confrontational as possible then cry about it to Anderson Cooper.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #2726
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I am not going to bother giving you a session on how video compression works but you should investigate key frames and interpolation.

Of course Obama never threw out "journalists". People rarely throw out sycophants. Even Grima Wormtongue was the last surviving member of Théoden's court. They never asked, like a pullstring puppet, each and every day about his various scandals or tried to yell over crowds to get his attention.

"Mr. President, it has been 5 minutes, have you changed your response on Fast and Furious?"

"MR PRESIDENT, WHILE YOU ARE MEETING WITH THAT FOREIGN LEADER OVER THERE SO I HAVE TO YELL CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT YOUR STANCE IS ON USING THE IRS TO TARGET RIGHT WING ENTITIES?"

Trump, on the other hand has to go into each and every conference girded for war to answer the same dumb questions from hacks who have no talent except, apparently, to be as douchy and confrontational as possible then cry about it to Anderson Cooper.
Actually Obama DID throw out reporters, even one from CNN. This isn't exclusive to Trump. Of course the media gave Obozo a pass on it like they did everything.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #2727
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
https://www.theamericanconservative....s-alex-marlow/

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/breitbart/

These are just undeniable and undefendable lies. But breitbart doesn't have to fire anyone when it lies and literally no one cares because they have no journalistic standards at all really. Their editor freely admits it.
A half-dozen Politifact not trues and a few Pants on Fire is all it takes to dump Breitbart into the same category as the Enquirer according to this chart. Once again, lies of omission... wonder what happens if we applied the same standard to "news" outlets.

The editor didn't say they printed fake news, they printed a spin on the news which boosted the version of a story which supported the president. Which is I guess only bad when you are the right wing since the left seems to make it a regular practice to let the Dems vet their stories before publishing them.

Here is one of at least THREE known examples of a journalist letting the Hillary campaign approve of a story before it was published.

So if we're going to damn an outlet for spin everyone is damned. At least Breitbart is honest about it unlike the Washington Post's "Democracy dies in Darkness" claptrap while they go on to post the most leftist slant available.

Quote:
You are crazy if you think daily mail doesn't do this as well.
The Daily Wire, different outlet but it is right wing so it isn't safe from the brush of being painted as less worthy than any tabloid.

Quote:
A google search would show you tons of outright lies they have spread. Why are you even trying to compare them to outlets that try to maintain journalistic standards and don't allow conspiracy theories with no legitimate sources to be published.
The NYT, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, and so many of the others pay nothing more than lip service to journalistic standards.

Quote:
All outlets engage in lies of omission to some extent, it is almost impossible not.
NO NO NO. The point of news is to NOT engage in lies of omission. It is to provide a full picture of both sides of the story and let people make up their own mind.

It is not to tell people how to think, who to like, who is the bad guy and why people should think of it that way. It's not so Jim Acosta can make himself into a household name or that the President and the Press can become epic enemies circling each other in some cage match for the mind share of American's allegiance.

Right now the press is the enemy of the people, and I include Breitbart in this because you are right, you can't take their stories on face value. But that puts them in the same category as the NYT, the WP, and every other "News" outlet on the chart. They are ALL the same.

If you aren't cross referencing 6-ways till Sunday on different sites and checking them against each other you are not getting the whole story because none of them are interested in giving you the whole story, just the parts they want you to have to trigger your left wing or right wing sensibilities.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #2728
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
NO NO NO. The point of news is to NOT engage in lies of omission. It is to provide a full picture of both sides of the story and let people make up their own mind.
Bingo. The press should not be a propaganda arm for political parties. The fact that the majority of the MSM is lock step and barrel with the DNC should say something loud and clear.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:07 PM   #2729
Terran
Evil Dead

Stop engaging the degenerate rapist pig. In his own words (see my sig, follow link for more), he's irredeemable.

Back in the real world, Florida Democrats are under investigation for altering and falsifying ballots in the election. Dems have already broken multiple election laws in Broward as well.

Dems gotta Dem.
Quote:
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied

Last edited by Terran; 11-14-2018 at 02:19 PM..
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:15 PM   #2730
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Stop engaging the degenerate rapist pig. In his own words (see my sig, follow link for more), he's irredeemable.

Back in the real world, Florida Democrats are under investigation for altering and falsifying ballots in the election.

Dems gotta Dem.
But but Terran! Election fraud doesn't happen! Says the guy with his head so far up his own ass he can't smell his own shit.

I don't know what surprises me more, just how brazen the democrats have been with this, or just how scared they must be of Trump ending their anti America agenda that they don't care if some election monitors end up in the slammer to push their agenda.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #2731
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Time to get the orange jumpsuits ready. https://www.politico.com/states/flor...mocrats-695299
Old 11-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #2732
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Old 11-15-2018, 12:29 PM   #2733
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I suppose world wide banking is a conspiracy too since a large numbers of bankers are Jews. And medicine. And the law.

Fucking Jews own everything where you gotta be smart except for computers and math. At least the chinks and the Indians (dot, not feather) have something they can be good at.

Amirte fellow tiki torchers?! /highfive

p.s. I think it's funny Vox, Buzzfeed, and Huffpo are included in "the press". That's quite a promotion for them to be counted among the likes of CNN and the NYT!
Old 11-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #2734
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I suppose world wide banking is a conspiracy too since a large numbers of bankers are Jews. And medicine. And the law.

Fucking Jews own everything where you gotta be smart except for computers and math. At least the chinks and the Indians (dot, not feather) have something they can be good at.

Amirte fellow tiki torchers?! /highfive

p.s. I think it's funny Vox, Buzzfeed, and Huffpo are included in "the press". That's quite a promotion for them to be counted among the likes of CNN and the NYT!
Rothchilds ring a bell vallor in regards to banking? I think it's fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain cell how evil zionist jews are and how the US is Israel's little lap dog fighting all it's wars around the world. We have no business in Syria, we had no business removing a sovereign leader in Libya. Oh wait Gadaffi wanted to create his own currency and detach from the dollar, quick let's murder him instead. Is that all jews? No obviously. Just really fucking powerful ones that own all of media, own all of hollywood, own most of the banking and financial sector.

"History is written by the victors" as the old saying goes, certainly explains the holohaux well, Hitler couldn't feed his troops, but he had the means to kill 6 gozillian jews. There's a reason even George Soros home country has banned him from being there. Shame we don't do the same and arrest the piece of shit for all the election meddling he's behind. What has gone on in Arizona, Georgia and Florida this mid term is ridiculous. It's amazing how many votes democrats always seem to find anytime they're losing an election. We can't even trust the voting process anymore because the left will openly and outright commit fraud to win at all cost. It's Disgusting. Part of me can't wait for the coming civil war, on the plus side all the soy beta progressives wouldn't know how to use a gun to begin with, should be pretty quick.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:22 PM   #2735
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:33 PM   #2736
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

That you guys really can't see why we're in armed conflict all over the globe is directly due to Israel's influence then I really don't know what to tell you. Jews are the biggest professional victims in the world.
Hitler's final solution wasn't to eradicate Jews via murder, it was to deport them from Germany. Never mind that Russian Marxism is responsible for millions if not billions of deaths.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:45 PM   #2737
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

It's almost like there always has to be a Blackzc around and that if one should leave, another must take up his mantle.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #2738
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

By the way, remember when Obama kicked out someone who interrupted him and everyone cheered?

And what was up with his voice? Too many cosmos that night?
Old 11-15-2018, 03:25 PM   #2739
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
It's almost like there always has to be a Blackzc around and that if one should leave, another must take up his mantle.
Not really, I don't hate people based on color, just actions. If you guys truly can't see the influence and power Zionists Jews have in America and what they push, then you're all pretty fucking hopeless.
Wake up. https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.pre...ance-1.6034485 https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pre...rump-1.6119783
Old 11-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #2740
RAV
Dread Lord

It's more a problem of so called intellectuals in general. Jews just happen to produce more of them, because they are culturally a very successful people.
Or in other words, you should rather think what you can learn from jews than resent them on their success. Rise to the challenge, that's how the game of life is played.

But it doesn't really matter what kind of people intellectuals are comprised of, any of them have a large tendency into marxism. Their elitism gets to their head eventually.

You know what's really funny? I mean kinda funny. it's really sad. But in part what made the jews so successful is that they had to be to survive.
Merciless natural selection. The harder the attempts to kill them over the centuries, ensured that only the best survive, whatever that means anyway.

You want to effectively destroy a people? Put them on generous wellfare. Destroys any people within two generations. Proven time and time again, all around the world

Alternatively, I suppose you can keep throwing pitchforks and force them via evolutionary pressure into becoming demi-gods.
I'd rather suggest you concentrate on your own development, pick up a couple books and learn a couple new tricks
-- maybe especially books written by jews, of which they have written a great many useful. Knowledge is the most generous gift. Lead a grateful life in diligent study.
Seriously, don't waste your time with shit that doesn't get you anywhere. All this who's behind what and who controls your life is really useless. Learn how to build stuff.

You will find that the following lecture on Christian Conservative Capitalism has a much higher practical value for turning your life around into a measure of real good than most other diatribes.
I know it's a bit long, but well worth it. In my opinion, throw out half the useless shit they teach in our corrupt schools nowadays, and put in this one video. Will do the kids much better.

RAV is offline   Reply With Quote