Last post by vallor
Today 02:06 AM
25 Replies, 1,892 Views
» Promotion

Old 09-11-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

PewDiePie Uses Racial Slur In Livestream

GameSpot: PewDiePie Uses Racial Slur In Livestream, Game Dev Says He's "Worse Than A Closeted Racist"

Quote:
YouTube's biggest star, PewDiePie, used a racial slur during a livestream today and at least one developer has said some strong words against him in response. PewDiePie, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, said during a PUBG livestream today, "What a f**king n*****! Geez! Oh my god! What the f**k? Sorry, but what the f***?"

This is not the first time the loud and outspoken streamer--whose YouTube channel has 57 million subscribers, the most on the service--has generated controversy. In February this year, he apologised for a "Death to all Jews" sign; Disney and YouTube severed ties with him in the wake of this.

At least one prominent game developer has responded to PewDiePie's choice of words. Sean Vanaman, the co-founder of Firewatch developer Campo Santo, said his company will file a DMCA takedown notice on PewDiePie's videos about Firewatch and its future games.

"There is a bit of leeway you have to have with the Internet when u wake up every day and make video games. There's also a breaking point," Vanaman explained. "I am sick of this child getting more and more chances to make money off of what we make."

"He's worse than a closeted racist: he's a propagator of despicable garbage that does real damage to the culture around this industry," he added. "I'd urge other developers & will be reaching out to folks much larger than us to cut him off from the content that has made him a millionaire. Furthermore, we're complicit: I'm sure we've made money off of the 5.7M views that video has and that's something for us to think about."
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
Blackwing
Slacker

This just in, people offended by a word, also in other news water is wet. If this is "controversy" then the meaning of the word has been so far diluted that it means nothing.
Blackwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #3
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Unbelievable.

Every, single, day, people use that word in music videos. I absolutely hate the word but it's everywhere. Still. In music, videos, films etc.

I'm hardly going to shout at PewDiePie. But, yeah, it's a word that's not the best.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #4
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

I remember playing multiplayer games on XBOX Live and hearing this over and over to a point where I just started ignoring it. A popular gamer slips the word during a video game and people will use it as an excuse to toss him into a meat grinder. I don't even like PewDiePie or his content, but this is just absurd.
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

P.s The WSJ is going to have a lot of fun with this... as will every web site that desperately wants clicks and views.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:24 PM   #6
Exodus
Evil Dead

The thing is thousands upon thousands upon thousands of toddlers to tweenagers watched the hell out of this guy.

I know I know to quote britney spears "I am not an ambassador". But when you get mad you don't go michael richards.

I think in the last 20 years the label anger problems is stupid. Everyone gets angry. Everyone just isn't taught how to deal with it properly. Like couples that break up and get back together over and over again because they don't know how to have an argument so they go for verbal shanks and nukes and use it against each other. Learn how to fight people.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #7
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

"The thing is thousands upon thousands upon thousands of toddlers to tweenagers watched the hell out of this guy. " - who all probably know a lot stronger and naughty stuff than what this guy speaks. Heck listen to Tech 9 for five seconds.

Just looked on Youtube and there's SO many videos on this.

It's almost like parasites jumping onto live flesh, all wanting their slice of viewing time.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:36 PM   #8
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Why is this still on Youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwk6r8TJD2U
Old 09-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #9
blackzc
Evil Dead

LOL
Old 09-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #10
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Whites can't say that word is what I get out of this.
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:45 PM   #11
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Whites can't say that word is what I get out of this.
I think its just as was said. The (reaction) is just for clicks. No one cares.

I grew up in a mixed race area, me and all my white friends would call each other niggers, and yell it at video games, ect. It really was just a word like fag, or bitch. I did train myself to stop saying it since its pretty cringe for a white person to use it casually. Its kinda weird, now that i think about it, i haven't caught my self yelling it at a game in years i don't think.

Maybe ill start again since its still edgy to do so.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #12
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
Every, single, day, people use that word in music videos. I absolutely hate the word but it's everywhere. Still. In music, videos, films etc.
And the people who are using it are Black (it is their word). If you are White, you better have a damned good reason to use it, and apparently it is no longer good enough to say "It's a fucking movie".
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #13
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
And the people who are using it are Black (it is their word). If you are White, you better have a damned good reason to use it, and apparently it is no longer good enough to say "It's a fucking movie".
I'm pretty sure nigger is not their word.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #14
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I think its just as was said. The (reaction) is just for clicks. No one cares.

I grew up in a mixed race area, me and all my white friends would call each other niggers, and yell it at video games, ect. It really was just a word like fag, or bitch. I did train myself to stop saying it since its pretty cringe for a white person to use it casually. Its kinda weird, now that i think about it, i haven't caught my self yelling it at a game in years i don't think.

Maybe ill start again since its still edgy to do so.
It reminds me of this scene from Boondocks

I know I have to catch myself from saying "Nigga please" whenever someone does something especially stupid.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #15
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I'm pretty sure nigger is not their word.
It has become their word (hence the italics) by appropriating it for their own use. That is why it is OK to use "nigger" all you want in rap music, comedy stand-up, so forth if you are Black.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #16
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
It has become their word (hence the italics) by appropriating it for their own use. That is why it is OK to use "nigger" all you want in rap music, comedy stand-up, so forth if you are Black.
Oh that. Yeah, it's ironic how that word was culturally appropriated from the white man.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #17
Tolgar
Evil Dead

Pretty sure DMCA doesn't have a "butthurt" clause for reason for a takedown. Abusing the broken DMCA system really needs to get your ass fined. What's next? Are SJW devs gonna DDoS and SWAT people? Cause I can totally see that.

If you wanna police words, you need a better avenue than copyright. Inb4 "but meh distribution rights!"
Tolgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #18
LostToys
Evil Dead

They do not have to claim that the DMCA request is due to the racial slur, but rather, he is using the content without their permission and improperly profiting from it. This is a bad precedent, as the rights holder should not be able to pick and choose when a DMCA is issued based on their preference for the content. This will just lead to abuse as DMCA notices are sent only to "bad actors" (anyone who speaks negatively about your product) and not to everyone who is using your copyrighted material.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:34 PM   #19
blackzc
Evil Dead

Who is making the copyright claims? NWA? haha.

Its about time to bust up google. Their agenda is in their algorithms. Its so easy to see.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:00 PM   #20
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
And the people who are using it are Black (it is their word).
GtFOoH with that nonsense. Nobody 'owns' the words you're allowed to spill out of your own mouth.

The only people who give a shit about this are professionally aggrieved fascist progressives and clickbaiters who make their living stoking them.

Next.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pewdiepie