Last post by Chimpbot
Today 07:50 AM
33 Replies, 1,131 Views
» Promotion

Old 09-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #1
Rommel
International Playboy

Valve vs. Digital Homicide #Steam

Every game from Digital Homicide Studios L.L.C., makers of such classics as ElT: Extra Large Testicle, Krog Wars, Gnarltoof's Revenge and 2014's reputed worst game The Slaughtering Grounds, has been removed from Steam. The reason for this unusual act by Valve in culling its storefront of games with review scores in single digits? The developer's habit of suing Steam customers for reviewing their titles.

Quote:
...James Oliver Romine Jr., Digital Homicide cofounder, is suing 100 anonymous Steam users for $18 million as compensation for "personal injury."

According to documents that were uploaded by YouTuber SidAlpha, the anonymous users getting sued have used handles such as Toon Vlux, Nathos, Jon114 and Drackmore.

A snippet of Romine's complaint that was retrieved by Kotaku shows the DH cofounder's allegations that the listed users have repeatedly attacked him for up to 21 months and have amassed a total of 20,000 postings on Steam, YouTube and social media portals such as Reddit.

TechRaptor reports that Judge Eileen Willett, who is currently assigned to the case, granted Romine with a subpoena for "early discovery," which obliges Valve to identify and reveal the anonymous Steam users.
Yep, seeking subpoenas for Valve to provide anonymous user's identities and all. I either heard, remembered incorrectly or made up and then believed that Digital Homicide's website, which resembles a Geocities Sailor Moon fan shrine from 1996, carried a response to removal from Steam prior to being yanked. Luckily their cry of victimhood is still available via the company's GoFundMe page, where they are soliciting anonymous donations to support lawsuits towards gamers for tens of millions of dollars. Oh, and Kotaku's Nathan Grayson blames Valve. Burn forums, burn.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
Rommel
International Playboy

From their GoFundMe page:

Quote:
In Search of Legal Counsel in regards to a new lawsuit as defamation has finally run its full course. Please contact at support@digitalhomicide.ninja

Please make all donations anonymously.

Hello all, I am unfortunately here asking for help as I've taken massive losses from false statements said about me, my brother/business partner, and my small game development company. The damages on products alone from a single series of events spanning only a few days (yet the overall problem has been going on for a year and a half now) are very large including emotional and punitive damage requests. The case has been filed by myself without a lawyer at this point but I already have a lawyer ready to take the case. Due to the damages done, we do not have the funds to push forward with retaining that lawyers assistance.

I have been falsely accused of theft, impersonation, I've been impersonated, and my name has been dragged through the mud not only by the individual being sued but by some of the over three hundred thousand of his subscribers who come to my game forum pages and other locations and say things such as this (other than the lies):

Your wife is a whore, I hope you die in a fiery car crash, if you show up at gaming convention XXX I will beat you down, your shady, your company impersonates other companies, you need to **** off, get off of this system (where we do business), you will be made an example of, I feel sorry for your kids having such an incompetent parent, and much more.

We recently received a pile of feces in the mail and someone contacted the Jehovah's Witnesses website to have them pay us a visit. This is funny to some of these individuals involved. Nobody on this end thought it was funny when attributed to the damage and harassment being performed. Unfortunately this is probably not the end of the problems but only the beginning. It will all be addressed with hard work and effort.

The individual being sued uses his youtube channel, twitter channel, and other media outlets in a combined traffic driving effort to profit from subscription and ad revenue. The result of his videos and articles is the direction of traffic to the content shown in those videos store pages where havoc and destruction ensues. Within a matter of hours hundreds of posts of negativity can be seen annihilating the marketability of the game leaving the developer who may have spent months and years on that particular game with an eviscerated husk. We barely survived initial onslaughts of these attacks and were just about to break through to success when the false statements obliterated us.

A lot of the individuals following the target of our case are competitors and upcoming competitors in our marketplace. These people harass not only ourselves, and other customers, but dozens of others attempting to make their way through with thousands of hours of hard work. Often alternate accounts are used to anonymously do the damages. This is the first case. More are expected to be filed soon.

It is expected that you will see the harassment that may arrive in the comment section below rather quickly. A majority of these individuals have been brainwashed by the youtuber into believing numerous things we have not done.

We want to take a stand against falsified statements being spread across the net not only for ourselves but for others rights in the future for precedence.

We have an excellent lawyer very interested but they only take retainer. Very few lawyers take contingency now.

Any help you can give is appreciated, it all adds up.

I cannot guarantee this case will reach verdict.

For further information please visit:
http://www.digitalhomicide.ninja/#!l...ormation/psyu3
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
Drake_NS
Evil Dead

/points
/laughs
Drake_NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:19 AM   #4
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake_NS View Post
/points
/laughs
im pretty buzzed right but is this nigga fo real trying to do a kick starter for a law suite?

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:40 AM   #5
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Digital Suicide ftw
Old 09-24-2016, 10:39 AM   #6
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
were just about to break through to success
Sure ya were, pro, sure ya were.

These guys clearly need a safe space.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:39 PM   #7
Clancy
Soul Reaper

Quote:
/points
/laughs
They got what they wanted, since the idiotic judge gave them the OK to get their identities.

So, looks like they are going to have the last laugh.
Clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:41 PM   #8
Clancy
Soul Reaper

Quote:
/points
/laughs
They got what they wanted, since the idiotic judge gave them the OK to get their identities.

Now, if Valve doesn't cave, and fights them on this, then you can point & laugh.
Clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:32 AM   #9
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy View Post

Now, if Valve doesn't cave, and fights them on this, then you can point & laugh.
Yea because this type of frivolous lawsuit under the collective scrutiny of the Internet works out so very well.

Tags
digital homicide studios, douchebaggery, steam, valve