A small request
Last post by blackzc
Today 12:22 AM
32 Replies, 1,013 Views

Old 07-28-2018, 07:32 PM   #1
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

You know it is a rough work week when you don't even realize Friday has gone by and you are into Saturday. What are you playing this weekend?
Old 07-28-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
Meeks
Evil Dead

Picked up Middle Earth: Shadow of War and Overload on sale on Steam, so I'm focused on those this weekend.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:24 PM   #3
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I'm jammin' on the C-64 and PC Engine this weekend!
Old 07-28-2018, 08:57 PM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I have been playing StarCraft, WoW and Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War. I'm loving StarCraft Remastered.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #5
Blog
Evil Dead

Snagged Vampyr on sale last week, I've been enjoying that so far. Combat is clunky and too frequent, but the real meat of the game are the NPCs and their interactions/relationships with each other.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:53 AM   #6
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Playing a bit of No Man's Sky and it is finally a really good game. Dropping into a random player's paradise system minding their own business collecting shit and looking at beautiful scenery only to get one-shot killed by a maxed out fighter ship is hilarious. The controls are so much tighter and responsive. World generation is completely revamped. It runs great and loads fast. Hello Games pulled a fucking miracle out of their ass.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:16 AM   #7
alienchild
Subscriber

STALAKALAR Clear Sky, Monkey Island 3 and Dishonored. All replays of course and each of them great games.
alienchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:58 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I played Heroes of the Storm all weekend. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

I just got crushed with crappy players though. I was at Bronze 4 on a winning streak all week long and then the second the weekend gets here the scrubs all come out and it’s just noobs who don’t know the objectives (and haven’t even finished their 10 placement matches) or people who really don’t care at all if they win because they are at the bottom of the ranks anyway.

I’m literally back at zero points again after playing dozens of games. I’m going to have to find something else to play, it just doesn’t seem like it’s possible to work your way out of Bronze as a solo player. In the few matches I won, there was a lot of guys asking the same question... if it is even possible to climb out of Bronze because even if you win a bunch of matches, the second you get matched up with scrubs two or three games in a row you are back at the bottom of the ranking.

And I see the same players over and over. People who are just toxic and I’ve already blocked them or people who are good players and just can’t work their way out of Bronze. I play with this guy TheHolyGroll all the time and the dude is great and I think I have won every match I’ve ever been in with this guy and he was still Bronze 5! That seems impossible.

I really need to find another game. Bring on the fall releases. I’m ready.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:01 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
I'm jammin' on the C-64 and PC Engine this weekend!
Noice!

I’m nostalgic for the good old days. We went to Dave & Busters over the weekend and they only have stupid ticket machines and all those light gun shooters. It makes you pine for the days when there were great arcade games.

The only decent game they had was this like 300 inch screen set up with Pac-Man. It was a blast to play on this giant screen, but I was never any good at Pac-Man. HaHa. My Dad wouldn’t touch it, probably because he’s really good and if he started a game he would still be playing an hour later. Ha!
Old 07-30-2018, 01:44 PM   #10
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Noice!

I’m nostalgic for the good old days. We went to Dave & Busters over the weekend and they only have stupid ticket machines and all those light gun shooters. It makes you pine for the days when there were great arcade games.

The only decent game they had was this like 300 inch screen set up with Pac-Man. It was a blast to play on this giant screen, but I was never any good at Pac-Man. HaHa. My Dad wouldn’t touch it, probably because he’s really good and if he started a game he would still be playing an hour later. Ha!
I long for the days of arcades!

I don't know what it is lately, but I have really been enjoying the games and systems of my youth. Nothing has come out over the last year or so; that's made me want to run out and buy it.

I find myself using Windows 3.11 more than 10 as of late