19,082 Replies, 3,970,843 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by MusicToEat
Today 01:41 PM
13 Replies, 427 Views

Old 09-29-2019, 12:28 AM   #4621
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Aussie Sky News Commentator Alan Jones and a letter from a viewer push back on AGW climate strike.

vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:37 AM   #4622
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
He didn't. He asked to investigate corruption, particularly an IT company who many suspect are not being totally forthcoming with their investigation of the DNC server hack and then, much later, why a prosecutor was dismissed who was looking into an energy company Hunter Biden was, for some reason unrelated to expertise or other suitability, hired at.
"The other thing, There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me."

This is asking the President of Ukraine to investigate Biden stopping the prosecution. He even mentions investigating Biden stopping the prosecution specifically. Pretending this isn't about Trump asking Ukraine to investigate his political rival is absurd.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:59 AM   #4623
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Pretending this isn't about Trump asking Ukraine to investigate his political rival is absurd.
Thank GOD the last president (and the pretend pantsuit wearing hopeful who got soundly beaten, lol) didn't use foreign powers and foreign spies to investigate a political rival!

If a Dem's mouth is open, hypocrisy is flowing out with the rest of the vomit.
Quote:
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:44 AM   #4624
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Only if it is true. We don't know for sure yet. I figured that was obvious from the link. That whole conversation is being taken out of context. That was a reply to a conversation speaking in hypotheticals assuming it was true.
It's not being taken out of context, you said "this is very clearly just the President colluding with foreign powers to go after his political opponents. The President does not directly control the DOJ for this exact reason. This is illegal." Anyone with half a brain realizes you've made your conclusion before any evidence.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
Lets not pretend you give a damn about colluding with foreign powers to go after political opponents -- you only care when you think an Republican did it to a Democrat.
That is the way you guys think and process the world. I don't think that.

But I also don't believe in a bunch of innuendo and not real evidence. Trump did commit obstruction and the evidence is overwhelming and undeniable. Same with emoluments. The evidence is not some out of context quotes or someone saying an ambiguous phrase on an open mic or something silly of that nature.
Your very posts on these boards shows this is exactly how you think. The proof is easy: your unending defense of Hillary Clinton's illegal server. Background:
Hillary Clinton holds a JD from Yale, was in government for decades, served on the Committee on Armed Services that regularly handles classified material, was head of an intelligence agency, and she had requested a secure mobile device similar to Obama's.
Quote:
Newly released documents under the Freedom of Information Act show that Hillary Clinton, then-secretary of state had asked the National Security Agency to supply her with the same modified, strengthened BlackBerry used by President Barack Obama.
She was offered a phone designated as being secure, but wanted to continue using her blackberry instead -- so, she did just that. You've been supplied this information before, and it did nothing to sway your defense of Hillary for obviously knowing what she was doing was insecure (she was told so by NSA) and choosing to give exactly 0 shits (hey, remember all the evidence that they tried to destroy evidence as well... not a cover-up, nope...).

Who was to blame for Hillary Clinton obviously, objectively, and brazenly breaking numerous laws? You blamed someone else. Does anyone here think Trump would get the same treatment from you if he had been in that exact situation? According to you, after being shown that Hillary was quite aware that she had (A) a need for a security and (B) was not using a secure device:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
Okay, you don't know what consistency. Lets try to see if you can figure this out: You've stated many times, from several different angles, that you don't think Hillary is responsible for what she personally ordered. You don't appear to think it's her fault for what happened, despite ordering the creation of this illegal server and her insistence on using a mobile device she knew was unsecure because she didn't want to use the secure one she was offered by NSA.
Legally responsible. The answer really is I don't know because no one ever shows black and white quotes from her in context that prove she definitely broke the law vs her underlings. It is usually a bunch of ambiguous bullshit that I have to wade through from sketchy websites. The FBI didn't charge her. Is that because the fix was in? Maybe so, but it is hard to get that from an unbiased source and its not like the investigation is public information so it is somewhat impossible to prove.

Is she responsible in a way that isn't illegal? Definitely, what she did was at least incompetent.
With your standard here, if we were to apply it to Trump, we'd basically need to have him on video saying "I know this is illegal, I'm going to do it anyways" before claiming to have proof. However, that standard only applies when you're defending Democrats.

The HRC illegal server example is a great way to determine just how incredibly corrupt a person's views are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico
Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clintonís allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.
Geez, I wonder if anyone working in an official capacity in the previous administration was aware and involved in any of this.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:10 PM   #4625
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
"The other thing, There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me."

This is asking the President of Ukraine to investigate Biden stopping the prosecution. He even mentions investigating Biden stopping the prosecution specifically. Pretending this isn't about Trump asking Ukraine to investigate his political rival is absurd.
Pretending this is about Trump trying to torpedo Biden when the vast majority of the conversation was about getting some answers on very public, high level, and very disturbing instances of corruption (and possibly at the highest levels of the US Government) is intellectually dishonest.

The fact the whole left jumped on the impeachment train before seeing anything like the submitted complaint, the transcript, or even doing any interviews shows how intellectual honesty is not a value the left subscribes to.

Will it hurt Biden? Maybe, though Dems seem willing to forgive ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

Maybe Biden shouldn't have allegedly used his influence as the VP of the United States and other political offices to enrich his son and other family members with overseas powers like Ukraine and China if he didn't want his name coming up when presidents of different countries talk about investigating disturbing instances of possible corruption.

I will say it is definitely unusual and inappropriate that Giuliani was included however I suspect both Trump and the Ukraine have plenty of reasons to distrust the US law enforcement apparatus. Giuliani should have a post in the administration if Trump is going to dispatch him on official business.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:48 PM   #4626
Terran
Evil Dead

The most obvious 'tell' about how full of shit the Dems are on this is twofold: Mueller/muhRussia is dead and gone, and they're trying to rush impeachment through as quickly as possible before the whole damn Ukraine thing implodes.

Poor TDS sufferers have been screaming for Trump's scalp for years now, and Pelosi has to give them something, even if it's going to help Trump in 2020.

Good luck! lololol.
Quote:
Old 09-29-2019, 02:52 PM   #4627
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

This new impeachment effort is some clever rigging by Dims + Fake News + Deep State (I repeat myself).

First, Deep States tweaks the rule to allow hearsay by complainant. What a timely change.

That frees up any Deep State guttersnipe to just make shit up and fire away at POTUS. But hey, (s)he's a "whistleblower", so POTUS may not face his accuser, may not respond.

Then the complaint rigged by Deep State somehow gets leaked to Fake News. Almost "like a sieve", as it were. Just like everything else that happens in Trump-land.

So much sanctimony about "election meddling" as The Usual Suspects never stop trying to disenfranchise the citizens who elected Trump. His actual first crime was getting elected contrary to the Swamp Land diktat. His second crime was delivering on many of his promises to the millions of citizens who lawfully elected him despite some of the worst obstruction and bullshit in American history.

Do I wish he was able to follow through on more of his immigration promises? Hell yes. I lived in San Diego for years and saw the damage from unchecked illegal immigration and an apathetic to welcoming local and state government. That was one of the biggest reasons I voted for him. He and the GOP have also failed on healthcare, outside of getting rid of that stupid individual mandate.

And when every word is leaked to the media and decision is sent to a court for approval - and usually blocked by some minor local left activist judge - it's amazing things have gone as well as they have.

The democrats platform of "We aren't Trump", "We will give you so much free stuff and people you don't like will pay for it!", and "Impeachment, by any means necessary even if we have to ignore due process and twist evidence" are reasons why I will not vote for a Democrat in our current society.

And I hope more GOPs get primaried by real conservatives. Let's do a version of the Justice Democrats. We need some ballsy men and women in congress fighting for real justice, actual progress, the Constitution, and the American people.

See: Dan Crenshaw as a start.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:28 PM   #4628
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

HAHA, bunch of butt hurt people now that NewsGuard - the browser plug-in that tells you if the site you are viewing is a legit news site or fake - has given a green shield mark to Breitbart News!

Now that Big Tech backed NewsGuard has legitimized Breitbart with it's seal of approval we should feel free to link to them extensively.

Fox News is also a green shield for NewsGuard so clearly they really are a Trusted Name in News.

Here is the breakdown of all the areas NewsGuard scores in their rating process.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:39 PM   #4629
blackzc
Evil Dead

Trump has to fight back and start locking people up.

At this point the left has nothing to lose. They get to trot out the ops to either get him out of office or make Trump so toxic people walk away. And they do it with no consequence.

But, he wont.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:01 PM   #4630
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

From my tent under the i-90 underpass in Free-attle observing cars, drivers, and the stupid things people do that cause carbon emission to skyrocket in big cities I wonder why there is so much emphasis on Electric Vehicles in the Climate Agenda.

What people should really be working on is autonomous driving cars networked in a big mesh-net.

Gas cars sitting in traffic is bad but Electric cars sitting in traffic is just as bad. When they get to wherever they go to charge they have to charge longer using more resources. Not everyone is going to have the renewable resources (Tesla Power Wall or large enough spread of solar cells or wind) to recharge their car in a good enough time frame. Especially in a 2nd or 3rd world country.

Fossil fuel based cars that can be guided and communicate using a universal protocol would be much more efficient. Traffic could be organized in such a way speeds were always maintained and accidents minimized. In my observations accidents, rubbernecking, and bad driving habits - like poor merging (both to get on or off the freeways) and the-speed-up-to-slow-down tendencies of idiot drivers - cause more traffic backups than anything short of construction. Plus it is likely easier to retrofit a fossil fuel based car with autonomous tech then to make a car fully electric.

Sure there are security and privacy concerns but when we are looking at the death of the planet in 12 11 years whats giving up a few more civil liberties? After all, the left already to volunteered everyone's rights (and everyone else's money) to begin with to win this war!

Also, in the meantime there should never be any cops on any major roads. When people see cops, especially on the side of the road, they rubberneck and that has a cascading effect which takes hours to undo.

Fuck the PoPo making people's commutes longer. It wasn't enough they have open season on innocent black men but now they are killing Greta and THE WORLD with their antics!
Old 10-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #4631
Eats
Developer

Quote:
What people should really be working on is autonomous driving cars networked in a big mesh-net.
This is just not realistic on any timeline shorter than 30 years at least. I work with machine learning and what you are talking about is beyond our capabilities right now. Just autonomous driving by itself is still mostly out of our grasp. Some kind of autonomous driving hivemind is way outside of what is currently possible. Also there are still going to be pedestrians/unpredictable road hazards/mesh network failures. Your whole perfect flowing traffic ideas where cars can like weave between each other at intersections is just...way beyond where we are at right now.

Last edited by Eats; 10-01-2019 at 05:54 PM..
Old 10-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #4632
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
This is just not realistic on any timeline shorter than 30 years at least. I work with machine learning and what you are talking about is beyond our capabilities right now. Just autonomous driving by itself is still mostly out of our grasp. Some kind of autonomous driving hivemind is way outside of what is currently possible. Also there are still going to be pedestrians/unpredictable road hazards/mesh network failures. Your whole perfect flowing traffic ideas where cars can like weave between each other at intersections is just...way beyond where we are at right now.
Everything is "way beyond" where we are at right now. Which is why I specified freeways which I think are within the realm of reality. When it takes as more resources, over lifetime, to create and operate an electric vehicle than a fossil fuel vehicle (including those tailpipe emissions) then we're not in the starter block.

When the best solar panels on the market are bursting into flames, we're not even on the practice field.

When the next best reasonable alternatives are hundreds of trillions of dollars over an unspecified time frame and won't even impact the most prevalent polluters (that being Asia), we aren't even out of bed.

The network doesn't have to have a complex machine learning algorithm, just tons of processing. It can be built on a sector by sector basis and require much less invasive infrastructure changes than the Green New Dud.

It can be scalable. It can be integrated over time. It can be exported to places like CHINA and other places in Asia where one actor is responsible for 30% of all global carbon emissions and combined they appear to be responsible for 90% of global plastic and garbage in the water.

Yeah, with this being cheaper, easier, and not particularly targeting the "evil" Western World I can see why you don't like it. Less ability to suck the the life and freedoms of people in the US, UK, and EU till they are broken financial husks; zombies who can't do anything for themselves.

Of course there are still the privacy and security concerns. Considering how Governments like to spy on their citizens having maps of everywhere they've been, when they were there, and who the other people around them were is pretty frightening.

You want to save the environment but the left isn't willing to call out China and the rest of Asia or Africa (too racist?) and after hundreds of trillions of dollars the changes won't even make a blip on the radar. Maybe you don't care enough.

EDIT:
Old 10-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #4633
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Maybe you don't care enough.
The left on global warming, succinctly described.
Quote:
Old 10-01-2019, 07:51 PM   #4634
Eats
Developer

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rump-mentioned

lol, and somehow you guys try to label liberals as the low information voters.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:03 PM   #4635
Eats
Developer

Quote:
The network doesn't have to have a complex machine learning algorithm, just tons of processing.
Are you a programmer? I have no idea what this even means. The driving algorithms themselves are complex systems made up of different types of neural nets. You would have to parse this data and integrate it as inputs into the neural nets. I mean I'm literally working on a gan right now and getting them to do what you want is hard.

Quote:
Yeah, with this being cheaper, easier, and not particularly targeting the "evil" Western World I can see why you don't like it.
Literally no part of this proposal is cheap or easy. It is basically infinitely expensive, and also impossible. We have been working on autonomous cars for decades, and they still barely exist. I don't even understand what cars would say to each other on the highway really unless like 95% of cars were in the network. Just reroute traffic? Google maps already does that. Less than 0.1% of cars are autonomous, so even if they did communicate it certainly wouldn't matter.

Lots of smart, highly paid people are working on autonomous vehicles. Until they actually exist having a mesh net for them to use to talk to each other is irrelevant.

Also you should consider that autonomous vehicles might create an explosion in the numbers of people driving around and actually consume more energy, not less.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:33 PM   #4636
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Are you a programmer? I have no idea what this even means.
Yes, I know my way around a compiler perfectly well, TYVM. I was using algorithm with this definition:

Quote:
Algorithms are unambiguous specifications for performing calculation, data processing, automated reasoning, and other tasks.
Basically, you suggest we need master class machine learning or AI to manage this system but that isn't true, certainly not to start with. We have plenty of traffic data for many trouble spots. Apps already use this data to help you plan your commute with "Leave by" timers.

It wouldn't be rocket science to use that telemetry to create a custom network. In Free-attle we have variable speed limit areas where, if people actually followed the signs, would help reduce some emissions and certainly prevent many accidents of people slamming on their brakes. Autonomous cars could "enforce" these, to start with, making it so you couldn't accelerate past that limit. It doesn't break drivers of all their bad habits but would be helpful.

(Which would then be used to enforce ALL speed limits, perhaps - which is where privacy, security, and other considerations come in)

Sure, if you want to go full Minority Report we need to build there, we don't have the capability to manage things with that precision or scale.

However, you seem to be saying it isn't even worth starting but out of the other side of your mouth you will provide allowance and forgiveness for super shitty Electric Vehicles and alternate energy power which isn't capable of powering society... because it MIGHT, eventually.

Quote:
Literally no pat of this proposal is cheap or easy.
I didn't say it wouldn't cost money, but it is certainly something to consider before spending 300 TRILLION DOLLARS of other people's money in a more futile LOCAL effort which will have such a minor impact on emissions it won't hardly be noticeable by the time the US is destitute when we have unchecked pollution from the turd-world and China.

The term is AGW, you know GLOBAL. This solution helps address a global challenge, the things the GND losers and other AGW alarmists preach won't do shit.

Quote:
It is basically infinitely expensive, and also impossible.
You could say this about chasing our tail trying to make the 1st world compliant with AGW demands. We know the first 300 TRILLION doesn't do hardly squat since it is going to be spent in the US who have already become fairly responsible polluters. And once the Left gets Carbon Indulgences rammed through, we'll be paying even more.

Quote:
We have been working on autonomous cars for decades, and they still barely exist
Woah, that's what I said... when I was thinking about the adoption and prevalence of Electric vehicles!

However autonomous Technology IS here already and working well enough people are/have been successfully using it for years now. There was even an implementation in an inexpensive Toyota I rented a few months back, when it first tried to steer for me when I turned on the turn signal I was a little freaked out (EDIT: Because the rental agents never mentioned this feature was on the car and it is apparently on by default). This car far less expensive and in the realm of possible ownership for lower income (read: regular) people than any of the feasible or practicle EVs out there. 1/3rd the cost of a tricked out Nissan Leaf which has only recently gotten to the 250+ mile range on a single charge and hugely less expensive than any BMW, or even the Chevy Bolt much less a Tesla.

Quote:
I don't even understand what cars would say to each other on the highway really unless like 95% of cars were in the network.
Jesus Christ, for a developer who supposedly works on games (and even apparently runs their own company) your failure of imagination is fucking amazing.

How about "Be aware, I am on your [LEFT]/[RIGHT]" or "I am in [FRONT]/or [BEHIND] you" "I am going this fast" "Obstruction ahead, slow down and tell the car [BEHIND] you to slow down too but don't slam on the breaks causing a possible accident"

And then moving on to some more complex stuff "I need to merge in 1000 feet, this group driving in the on-ramp lane [SLOWDOWN]/[SPEEDUP] an equal amount to maintain flow but open a gap for me to fit in".

Quote:
Also you should consider that autonomous vehicles might create an explosion in the numbers of people driving around and actually consume more energy, not less.
Creating more electric vehicles is a proven way to consume way more energy than will ever be saved by their implementation.

I guess only Eats approved technology is allowed to grow into fruition. Everything else must spring into existence fully functional and at it's final evolution before it can be considered.

Last edited by vallor; 10-01-2019 at 08:55 PM..
Old 10-01-2019, 08:40 PM   #4637
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
liberals as the low information voters.
Paging the Party of Science™ and its bevy of buffoons:

Liberal millennials too stupid to believe in vaccines.

Communities with anti-vaxxers are overwhelmingly liberal.

A billion people dead by 2020 from global warming according to liberal Ehrlich and others.

The one possible near-term solution to any possible climate issues, nuclear energy, is opposed by a majority of Democrats.

Liberal views are linked to psychoticism, according to the American Journal of Political Science.

Fracking is safe and enriches America, yet is opposed by nearly two-thirds of Democrats.

Democrats twice as likely as Republicans to believe in astrology.

More than half of Democrats are 9-11 truthers.

All these and more show lefties to be utter morons; opposition to completely safe GM foods, an inability to identify human sexuality as binary (xx/xy), the opinion that children can be capable of deciding on irrevocable gender transition in the single-digits age but cannot be trusted to legally wield a weapon at 18, and on and on and on.

Finally, I have it on good authority that at least some liberals are misogynist assholes who will do nothing to intervene when women are being assaulted, despite being aware of its occurrence in their presence.
Quote:
Old 10-01-2019, 09:14 PM   #4638
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Paging the Party of Science™ and its bevy of buffoons:

<SNIP>

an inability to identify human sexuality as binary (xx/xy), the opinion that children can be capable of deciding on irrevocable gender transition in the single-digits age
Hey, unlike people with GUNS transgender is a victimless crime. Someone being transgender doesn't kill anyone... except themselves.

Some people, who are definitely not me, might say it is almost a self-correcting system. The bad part is, like poor Greta Thunberg, kids these days are being filled with the bullshit spewed from their parents and reinforced through the public education systems (for those kids who bother to partake of education to begin with).

It used to be bad parents lived out their failed fantasies through their children. Now they parents subject them to social diarrhea that allows the Twitterati mobs to fulfill collective fantasies, which normalize deviance like pedophilia and mental illness, through kids who's parents want to be cool too.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #4639
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Finally, I have it on good authority that at least some liberals are misogynist assholes who will do nothing to intervene when women are being assaulted, despite being aware of its occurrence in their presence.
I have it on good authority that you compare sex with children in the same breath as sex with adults as if it were the same so wtf moral high horse are you trying to ride? Especially with, what 8 or 10 kids... pfft gross.
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:26 PM   #4640
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojopin View Post
*mumblemumblemumble*
Schiffhead, is that you?

We frown upon NAMBLA spokespersons like yourself, but perhaps you and Eats could console yourselves by finding a party or two to attend.

Scratch a liberal, find a pervert normalizing their disgusting pedophilia.
Quote: