Last post by BorisCal
Today 11:20 AM
18,428 Replies, 3,321,235 Views

Old 05-14-2019, 07:34 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The Division 2's First Raid Begins This Thursday

Quote:
Ever since the release of The Division 2, players have been clambering for true raid content. Ubisoft has responded, and the first fruits of that labor are rolling out later this week. “Operation Dark Hours” releases this Thursday, May 16, beginning at 9:00 am Pacific, on all available platforms.

The raid is built as an eight-person activity, and details provided by Ubisoft make it clear that only the most experienced characters are going to be ready to face the challenges within; you need to have reached World Tier 5 and defeated Tidal Basin.

The Dark Hours raid takes you through the Washington National Airport, in order to halt the incoming flow of Black Tusk soldiers and supplies. Finish off the raid, and you can expect new gear including an exclusive exotic weapon.

Following in the footsteps of other MMOs and loot-focused shooters, Ubisoft also plans to acknowledge the team that snags the world-first completion. If your team wins that honor, your team photo and names to go up in the in-game White House for other players to see. If your team misses that honor, but still manages to complete the raid by May 23, you’ll get a commemorative arm patch. If you’re late to the party, but your team eventually finishes the raid at some point, you’ll get a dedicated clan banner and a trophy for your clan space.
GameInformer.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:51 AM   #2
Booda
Beam another Blast

Nice! Looking forward to giving this a go.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:58 AM   #3
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Notice how rigged this is. The fact that the winner gets a "team photo" means they expect only professional gaming groups to finish the raid first. The average gamer doesn't stand a chance.

That's why I hate raids and all such post-game content. It's only there for pro gamers, masochists, and those with time to devote their whole lives to one blasted game. I don't know why companies cater to this. Advertising I guess. Just feels like one big farce to me.

My first and only raid experience, although successful, was Vault of Glass, and NEVER have I felt so pressured, confused, or helpless in a video game.

Real life work is there to make you feel this way. Games are supposed to be the OPPOSITE.
/rant
Old 05-14-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
Booda
Beam another Blast

I saw on reddit that the Grand Washington Hotel is invaded now since TU3 dropped today. Also invaded GWH now drops the Nemesis blueprint even if you don't have all the gun parts yet. If you're chasing the Nemesis down make sure & run that today or tomorrow since regular reset takes place on Thursday.

*fingers crossed for Roosevelt Island to be invaded Thursday since that's the final gun part I need.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:12 AM   #5
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Notice how rigged this is. The fact that the winner gets a "team photo" means they expect only professional gaming groups to finish the raid first. The average gamer doesn't stand a chance.

That's why I hate raids and all such post-game content. It's only there for pro gamers, masochists, and those with time to devote their whole lives to one blasted game. I don't know why companies cater to this. Advertising I guess. Just feels like one big farce to me.

My first and only raid experience, although successful, was Vault of Glass, and NEVER have I felt so pressured, confused, or helpless in a video game.

Real life work is there to make you feel this way. Games are supposed to be the OPPOSITE.
/rant
Git gud.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #6
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
I saw on reddit that the Grand Washington Hotel is invaded now since TU3 dropped today. Also invaded GWH now drops the Nemesis blueprint even if you don't have all the gun parts yet. If you're chasing the Nemesis down make sure & run that today or tomorrow since regular reset takes place on Thursday.

*fingers crossed for Roosevelt Island to be invaded Thursday since that's the final gun part I need.

Thanks! I had all the pieces and was just waiting for the BP.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:00 AM   #7
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:

/rant
I think you're looking at this the wrong way. They are giving accolades to whoever beats it first. That is no different than WoW or any other MMO. That shouldn't have anything to do with your ability to enjoy the raid or partake in the end game experience. All you need is max item level (which is easy af) and 8 people in your group. I joined a clan of people I don't know and they all seem to be nice enough to group with for things like this. Anyways...play at your own speed. I don't feel any pressure to be "first" because like you said, I have a life outside of Division 2.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:46 AM   #8
Booda
Beam another Blast

Old 05-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #9
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

What do you figure the over/under will be for hours till someone beats it? Under 24...under 12?
Old 05-15-2019, 04:11 AM   #10
DarkestHour00
Subscriber

Quote:

/rant
The trailer seems to indicate the picture will be of their in-game characters, not a real life picture.
DarkestHour00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #11
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalekFekete View Post
What do you figure the over/under will be for hours till someone beats it? Under 24...under 12?
Unless there are some crazy mechanics that have to be learned, I would expect the Raid to be beaten within 2 to 4 hours. It will just come down to whomever has the least number of squad wipes.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #12
LostToys
Evil Dead

So it turns out, 5 hours.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:47 AM   #13
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
So it turns out, 5 hours.
Apparently the raid has only been cleared on PC.

The Division 2's Raid Has Not Been Beaten By A Single Team On PS4 Or Xbox One

Back in 2016 I played Div1 for around a month or so with friends on PS4 & then put it down. Anyone that was playing back then will remember Div1 was a bit of a mess upon release. Fast forward to early 2018, after reading about a recent update I loaded up Div1 on PC & started it again. Within minutes I could tell this game was an entirely different animal on PC compared to a console. Absolutely night & day. Around the same time I had a buddy start playing it on Xbone & wanted me to do some co-op with him. I lasted about an hour & just couldn't take it anymore. Frame rate, sloppy controls, button layouts... you name it.

Sounds like all that still applies for Div2.

Just a friendly PSA... if you're playing Div2 on a console & that's the only access you have, then I'm glad you at least get to check it out. But remember, you're not really playing Div2. You need to be on a PC running 90+ fps with the accuracy of a mouse to really get what the game is going for.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:08 AM   #14
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
That 8-man team is probably killing the chances of people beating it on the PS4 or Xbone. These aren't the old 360 days when everyone has 300 people on their friends list and they are all online all the time.

I can't imagine trying to round up 8 people for a team on the PS4 right now.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:23 AM   #15
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

I am curious how these one stack up to say, Destiny raids.

From what I can tell they are mostly DPS checks? Did someone watch the whole run through?
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the division 2