Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Westworld Season III Trailer

Coming in 2020.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:17 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Westworld without Westworld is just dumb. Did they learn nothing from Beyond Westworld?
Old 05-19-2019, 07:32 PM   #3
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I heard the 2nd season was a trainwreck. I thought the first season was great and even had a great ending. Just a tad short of complete-in-itself.

The Slightly Future Real World for Season 3 looks interesting. Sort of like the Quantic Dream "Detroit" game, so maybe I could get into it. Not if I had to wade through Season 2 though to understand everything.

I really don't like the main actress though so that's another minus. She was in one of the Battlestar Galactica series (Caprica?) and I never took a shine to her then. I don't like her much now.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:42 PM   #4
Terran
Evil Dead

HBO seems to be lacking a GoT-worthy series to take the baton from GoT, which just ended tonight in its current iteration. Westworld is definitely not it. It doesn't have its hooks in popular culture like GoT did.

Which means I'll be canceling my HB0 Now sub this week, once I've perused the catalog a couple more times before signing off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
HBO seems to be lacking a GoT-worthy series to take the baton from GoT, which just ended tonight in its current iteration. Westworld is definitely not it. It doesn't have its hooks in popular culture like GoT did.

Which means I'll be canceling my HB0 Now sub this week, once I've perused the catalog a couple more times before signing off.
HBO has Watchmen and His Dark Materials coming up in the Fall. So, they have some great stuff coming up. Not enough to pay for the service until those are released, but enough to make me re-up later.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:23 PM   #6
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post

Watch Chernobyl before you cancel. Absolutely amazing.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:58 PM   #7
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

I really hate shows that feel like they are just making it up as they go along, with no clear direction or purpose. I definitely got that feeling in Season 2 of WestWorld...
Old 05-20-2019, 07:02 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
I really hate shows that feel like they are just making it up as they go along, with no clear direction or purpose. I definitely got that feeling in Season 2 of WestWorld...
My understanding is that Ed Brubaker (of comic book fame) plotted out all of Season 1 and wrote most of the episodes. After filming 6 episodes, HBO knew they had a hit on their hands and asked him to re-write the final four episodes so it would be possible to have a sequel. He refused and they fired him.

After that, the show-runners pretty much butchered whatever was left of the season. That is why the whole "The Maze" storyline goes nowhere in the end. (And it explains why Anthony Perkins starts out as the villain and somehow ends up being the hero.)

Which left Johnathan Nolan and Lisa Joy to try to make something up for season 2. Obviously, they did a crap job.

This trailer doesn't leave me with a good feeling. Where is Westworld without Westworld? I think they went down that road with "Beyond Westworld" in the 70's and it sucked.

Sure, we all like Jesse from Breaking Bad, but that doesn't mean this season will be any better than the last one.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:50 AM   #9
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

Going to call it now... he is a machine(the waking up scene is a clue)... he is in a park as a character(GTA type park, crimeworld, etc..) and she breaks into the "park" and runs into him causing a chain of events that happens throughout the season.

One thing for sure. The trailer is misleading and so is his character.

Westworld is not perfect, but it's fun to watch. Will be cool to see what happens.

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:01 PM   #10
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
My understanding is that Ed Brubaker (of comic book fame) plotted out all of Season 1 and wrote most of the episodes. After filming 6 episodes, HBO knew they had a hit on their hands and asked him to re-write the final four episodes so it would be possible to have a sequel. He refused and they fired him.
Greed ruins everything, basically.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:44 PM   #11
Skunk
Evil Dead

This actually looked dope to me until I saw it was tied to Westworld and I just gave up on it.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:30 PM   #12
Conco
Dread Lord

Loving the BladeRunner-esque vision to this new season. I enjoyed season 2 although confusing to follow at times and pretty bland scenes (Specifically the Japan ones). I am on board for WWIII!
Conco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
westworld