Today 11:20 AM
18,428 Replies, 3,321,235 Views

Old 04-24-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Super Mario Maker 2 Launches for Nintendo Switch on June 28th

Quote:
Let’s-a Go! Super Mario Maker 2 Launches for Nintendo Switch on June 28

When you put together your upcoming summer plans, make sure to add “Create the Super Mario course of my dreams!” to the list. That’s because Super Mario Maker 2 launches exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system on June 28, just in time to take the game with you on all your summer travels.

This full-fledged sequel to the original groundbreaking Super Mario Maker game for the Wii U system lets your imagination run wild as you make and play your own Super Mario courses using new tools, items and features.

With an incredibly intuitive toolset ready to be explored and experimented with, including the new ability to create slopes for the first time, nearly anything is possible in Super Mario Maker 2.

For more information about Super Mario Maker 2, visit supermariomaker.nintendo.com.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:23 PM   #2
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

I just bought my wife a 2DS yesterday that had Mario Maker 1 pre installed, so I played it a bit after setting everything up. I had previously played it on my 3DS for a bit. I like the premade levels that are in there, and how you start in Super Mario NES style graphics and gameplay and throughout the game you progress through Mario 2, Mario 3, World etc. Its a cool gameplay arc.

I never got into making my own levels or downloading other people's levels though. I probably should give that a try since that is the point of the thing.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:44 AM   #3
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

I look forward to playing this someday. Nintendo needs to put out upgraded switch first tho. I have been holding off on getting a switch for about a year because of all the upgraded switch rumors.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:09 PM   #4
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Instant buy for me. Can't count how many hours my son and I put into the first, and the new features are outstanding. I almost never pre-order. Maybe 4-5 times in the last decade. I'll preorder this.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:59 AM   #5
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

I enjoyed the first for a bit but it wore out for me pretty quickly. I saw how a lot of the online interaction became about designing and completing the most brutal courses possible which I personally don't understand. But to each is own. My son, however, cannot wait for this game. And I enjoy seeing him light up when he proudly presents a new level he made for me to play. So in that regard, I'm looking forward to it.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:10 AM   #6
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I wish Sega would wise up and put out something similar using Sonic Mania’s template. Side scrolling Mario never holds my attention. No matter the game the difficulty is always way too easy then a sudden enormous jump in frustration. If there’s a good balanced fan game I never saw it.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:40 AM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
I wish Sega would wise up and put out something similar using Sonic Mania’s template. Side scrolling Mario never holds my attention. No matter the game the difficulty is always way too easy then a sudden enormous jump in frustration. If there’s a good balanced fan game I never saw it.
If we wanted the best of both worlds, they could just have Nintendo help develop a "Sonic Maker" game. I don't trust Sega enough to make a decent Sonic game on their own, anymore.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:52 AM   #8
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

It's funny how the old console wars still rear their heads even to this day. I never thought the Sonic levels were really anything special at all. I can still remember how disappointed I was in that game. I think, at the time, I basically wanted another version of Mario but I felt like all I did in Sonic was hold right on the controller as he zoomed through the level on his own. Mario levels felt like puzzles I had to figure out but Sonic levels felt like a puzzle that the developer already solved for me.

And of course, the funny thing is that I know there are tons of people, like you Max, who feel exactly the opposite.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:09 AM   #9
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I can’t disagree with you because the classic Sonic games (the only ones I enjoy) are pretty much exactly that. For me they hit the right balance of fast pace, huge levels with multiple routes and rewarding to explore, a gradually increasing difficulty that never feels unfair, and music that’s etched in my brain forever.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:23 PM   #10
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

She's got. BETTE DAVIS EYES!!!!!

She's ferocious!

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
super mario maker 2