0 Replies, 147 Views
New Ralph Breaks the...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:46 AM
3 Replies, 628 Views

Old 04-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #41
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Well it is obviously clear that this thread is full of Adam Orth wannabes, or Adam Orth haters. I'm in the latter camp.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #42
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Douchebag said what?
Old 04-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #43
sethman75
Lord

I'll be getting a PS4....deal with that
sethman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:41 AM   #44
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

So what happens when your internet goes out? Yes, I have broadband and a lot of the time it is up, but Comcast is also known to be fucking horrible. I've had periods where the internet would constantly go out or go down to a near dying speed for a few months at a time.

Then with how business usually is around here with stupid fucking contracts, you're extremely limited on who you can even get. I can get Comcast around me, which fucking sucks, but I go two towns over and instead they got Cablevision (which I did have before I moved, and their internet was fucking awesome).

I mean, he is sort of right, but my way to 'deal with it' will just be to not fucking buy a system if I'm unable to use it. So far the PS4 is looking really really fucking good to me.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:55 AM   #45
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
I beat you that, if the xbox has always online and the ps4 doesn't, there will be no difference than the stats we have today. Because at the end of the day, when it becomes cheap enough, people will buy it. SO really, its not a matter of if you will, its the matter of when.
Sorry, was too lazy to read all comments but I saw this pop up at least twice about the PS4. It's already been stated that there will absolutely be no "always-online" to it. I mean, you'll have to be online obviously for many features, but not to play games. They were clear about this in an interview after the reveal. It wasn't Hirai or Cerny who said this but the other Sony honcho. Said they know some gamers prefer to play offline and will be able to.

It really does seem like they've paid attention to the mess the Playstation 3 was. Read up that Cerny was already starting work about a year after the PS3 launch and started by talking with first party developers then eventually the third parties.

Sony is working real hard to get people back in the most important way, developers and games. It's a shitty thing to get rid of BC, and this is the one time I have complete understanding of the reasoning, to get past the fucking mess of PS3. I'm hoping with Gaikai they can at least support every previous generation through the streaming. Maybe include it in the PS+ service, add another cost tier or even just unlock it if you buy an individual title from the store.

Microsoft no one really knows much yet aside from the few slightly more legitimate sounding leaks. Like them covering their developer units in the zebra-camo. We'll see how shit plays out come end of next month. I have a feeling with Microsofts 'always-online' deal is because they're going to push it as something much more than a video game machine. They tried to get the 360 to become something of a cable box w/ dvr, but only with AT&T U-Verse. Then towards the end of this cycle they added the FiOS/Comcast/Whatever applications for limited viewing.

All three console makers are going into different directions it looks like. Nintendo is beating to their own drum of making games. Sony is focusing on games while expanding the services like social features (which I admit, being able to record game play and post it online without the need of any other device or setup is fucking sweet). Then Microsoft wants to be your entertainment center. Sure you can play awesome new games, but you can watch tv, interact with it and then interact with their playable shows. Or whatever the fuck they'll call it. We saw a glimpse of it with the 1v100 experiment they did.

Anywho, come E3 we'll see what everyone has going for them. Though I still doubt, like every other generation, that we'll see all of the stuff they talk about show up for launch. Most especially with Sony who has been known to overhype their shit. Microsoft could go either way.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #46
PSPfreak
Banned

So every time there's a connection or internet hiccup (extremely common occurrence) or my internet is down or you XBL service goes out during the holidays like it did with teh 360 for 3traight years... I just can't play any games?

Fuck that. A lot of you are not looking at the big picture here, and MS has shown me that we cannot trust them to be reliable during this current gen. Definitely not taking another chance on them. I'll look to Sony once again, and if the PS4 would end up taking the same route then I would happily skip the next gen and concentrate on my backlog.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #47
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
You and the other CliffyB supporters completely miss the whole fucking point over this outrage.
I don't support CliffyB, I support people who are correct.

Notice how often I support you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #48
Meusli
Evil Dead

What does Cliffy-B do nowadays apart from spew shit?
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #49
oldjadedgamer
Old and Jaded

We are always held behind by the lower of the tech. Look how long it took for PC games to come out on DVD and how long they held on to make 15 CD discs per package instead.
oldjadedgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #50
ldi222
Evil Dead

Just to address the "edge case" scenario of your gaming console not working when you're on vacation in a cabin not being a big deal. That is kind of a big deal, it's nice to be able to take your console with you on vacation for some gaming goodness on top of anything else planned, and not have to deal with the hassle of finding and connecting to an Internet connection. Honestly, I'm really hoping the next xbox is always online because I really want Sony to win next gen.

* They don't put a paywall up for online play or netflix, PSN actually gives you a real value.
* Their last console actually let you upgrade the hard drive without crazy marked up prices.
* Their controllers charge through standard micro USB instead of some proprietary additional accessory crap.
* They don't make you pay in spacebucks so that you always end up paying a little more.
* They are actually talking about core gaming experiences instead of what seems like 90% focus on a family jumping around in front of a couch.
* Aside from Halo and Gears, Sony has far more quality exclusives.
ldi222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #51
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
I would love to see a show around Cliffy doing "lets play" segments with games he didn't make just to hear all the trash talking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #52
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
My guess is that he chimes in on any somewhat controversial gaming issue that comes up simply to keep his name relevant while he waits out (I assume) his non compete agreement with Epic.

Once that agreement expires he'll be back in the business.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #53
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
I think he works on Unreal Engine 4 design and client contact.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #54
MrPinchy
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecut View Post
How about this. I am never buying any product that has to do with CliffyB. Deal with that fucker.
Preeettty sure he doesn't care what you think.
MrPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #55
oldjadedgamer
Old and Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldi222 View Post
I really want Sony to win next gen.

* Their last console actually let you upgrade the hard drive without crazy marked up prices.
* Their controllers charge through standard micro USB instead of some proprietary additional accessory crap.
Obviously, you have never seen the Sony Playstation Vita.
oldjadedgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #56
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead

One of the guys on ars technica said: "If he's trying to sell "always online" is a feature of the future, there needs to be some benefit for the customer. So what is it?"

And that just hits in on the nail, why in god's name should I care about microsoft getting more ad money, eliminating used games or combating pirates when it has zero benefit for me? Give me a compelling reason to always be online and I might accept it, till then I will continue my boycott of anything with such ridiculous "screw the customer" policies.
SacredWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #57
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
My Xbox 360 user experience is absolute shit compared to my PS3 user experience. 3 minutes to sign in, all sorts of ad boxes all over the place, minutes more to load most info screens, etc. It's slow and a clusterfuck. My PS3 is blazing fast and streamlined by comparison.
I'm a pro Sony guy but right here is where I have to laugh and once again reaffirm my opinion that you're just a troll. It's commonly known that the PS3 is horrendously slow at downloading updates and content. Meanwhile, even back when I had a sub 1.0 MBPS internet speed my old 360 would download ANY update in less than 10 seconds. Most updates for a PS3 (game or system related, especially after missing a previous one) is generally a "I'll leave the system on to download it while I sleep" experience.

That said, one thing that did piss me off about the Sony system this gen.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #58
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPinchy View Post
Preeettty sure he doesn't care what you think.
LOL. Posts like these crack me up. We'll see how much they "don't care" when the system sells about a third (or maybe more) less this time around and/or has underwhelming release numbers. Most of the people that will buy it are the mindless 360 fanboys who actually spent money on MULTIPLE 360's (some people I know bought THREE OR MORE) after their respective warranties ran out (some even after the 3-year warranty!). Don't think that will be enough for them.

Then again, never underestimate the idea of idiots in numbers. That being said it's no wonder so many of them are involved with gaming themselves (I'm talking to you among others, Mr. Lake! )
Old 04-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #59
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
I'm a pro Sony guy but right here is where I have to laugh and once again reaffirm my opinion that you're just a troll. It's commonly known that the PS3 is horrendously slow at downloading updates and content. Meanwhile, even back when I had a sub 1.0 MBPS internet speed my old 360 would download ANY update in less than 10 seconds. Most updates for a PS3 (game or system related, especially after missing a previous one) is generally a "I'll leave the system on to download it while I sleep" experience.

That said, one thing that did piss me off about the Sony system this gen.
WHAT THE HELL?!? Do I have to post a video with how goddamn slow my 360 experience is? I don't think you're a pro Sony guy at all with all the things you've said about the Vita. In fact, I think you're the troll.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #60
EmoryM
Lord

I'll accept always-online requirements for single-player games when whoever is trying to sell it can guarantee their servers, my ISP and everything in-between will be functional whenever I want to play.
EmoryM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
always on, cliffy-b, deal with it, doom, douche nozzle, microsoft