Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
First Alita: Battle...
Last post by MavenACTG
Today 08:48 PM
41 Replies, 2,207 Views
Overkillís The Walking...
Last post by Exodus
Today 08:09 PM
6 Replies, 453 Views
NSFW: PlayerUnknown...
Last post by Exodus
Today 08:08 PM
17 Replies, 961 Views
Writer For The Witcher...
Last post by Hellstorm
Today 07:54 PM
14 Replies, 861 Views
Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 07:39 PM
2 Replies, 310 Views
Enter The Oasis in the...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:11 PM
20 Replies, 1,157 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by VenomUSMC
Today 06:37 PM
684 Replies, 66,839 Views
Tres Ganadores for Coco...
Last post by Paranoia
Today 06:24 PM
2 Replies, 344 Views
» Promotion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #41
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,463
I believe they're actually trying that. I don't know that it will work now. It might have a year ago, but now folks are so keyed into the whole 'who's still doing it around the league' thing that it may not be easy to hide any longer. All it takes is one and the storm will continue. Goodell is to blame, IMO. He's a progressive and he essentially agrees with the protesters, so rather than protecting the game and taking a solid stance early on, he aided and abetted the protesters. He's been a truly terrible leader these past few years. The list of screwups is long.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #42
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I believe they're actually trying that. I don't know that it will work now. It might have a year ago, but now folks are so keyed into the whole 'who's still doing it around the league' thing that it may not be easy to hide any longer. All it takes is one and the storm will continue. Goodell is to blame, IMO. He's a progressive and he essentially agrees with the protesters, so rather than protecting the game and taking a solid stance early on, he aided and abetted the protesters. He's been a truly terrible leader these past few years. The list of screwups is long.
I did notice the broadcasters were beginning to shy away from talking about it, let alone showing it. Unfortunately, videos of kneeling players - such as Marshawn Lynch sitting for the US anthem, then standing for the Mexican anthem - still find their way online for people to froth at the mouth over.

It's too little, too late.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #43
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
The easiest solution would be for the league to simply tell their broadcasters to stop cutting to the sidelines, if they actually bother to air the anthem at all. Don't talk about it, don't show it and let everyone just move on.
Yep just ignore it and pretend. Awesome solution.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:32 PM   #44
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Yep just ignore it and pretend. Awesome solution.
And what would your solution be? Fire everyone who kneels and force everyone to stand via contractual obligation?

Removing the spotlight is a viable option.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #45
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,520
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
And what would your solution be? Fire everyone who kneels and force everyone to stand via contractual obligation?

Removing the spotlight is a viable option.
Tax payer money goes to the NFL to promote nationalism. My solution is they stand for the anthem, respect the country, the flag and the fans who pay them millions to play football or don't play. The NFL is not the place to play identity politics.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:24 PM   #46
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Tax payer money goes to the NFL to promote nationalism. My solution is they stand for the anthem, respect the country, the flag and the fans who pay them millions to play football or don't play. The NFL is not the place to play identity politics.
I'd rather see our tax dollars go toward something other than bought-and-paid fake patriotism.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #47
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,463
Agreed...and perhaps we can also stop handing billionaires hundreds of millions of taxpayer money to build shrines to their almighty god of <insert major sport here>.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:20 PM   #48
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,545
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Agreed...and perhaps we can also stop handing billionaires hundreds of millions of taxpayer money to build shrines to their almighty god of <insert major sport here>.
Good Lord, yes. I'm tired of seeing taxpayer dollars going toward these stadiums.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:51 AM   #49
SouljaOfChrist
Lord
 
SouljaOfChrist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 98
Hey guys, just my 2 cents. The thread is called "what game are you watching," not "what do you feel like bitching about this sport today." I'm not a fan of the whole kneeling crap, but fuck those guys, we all see how much that helped Kapernick. Go Vikings!
__________________
Darwin's Kryptonite for the People!
SouljaOfChrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #50
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouljaOfChrist View Post
Hey guys, just my 2 cents. The thread is called "what game are you watching," not "what do you feel like bitching about this sport today." I'm not a fan of the whole kneeling crap, but fuck those guys, we all see how much that helped Kapernick. Go Vikings!
(This is precisely my point, but if you try to explain this to certain people, you're clearly advocating for echo chambers, etc, etc.)
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:02 PM   #51
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
(This is precisely my point, but if you try to explain this to certain people, you're clearly advocating for echo chambers, etc, etc.)
Please this thread would be deader than a doornail without it. You know it I know it. Better to spend tax dollars on promoting patriotism rather than handing it out in welfare to people who refuse to work for a living.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #52
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Please this thread would be deader than a doornail without it. You know it I know it. Better to spend tax dollars on promoting patriotism rather than handing it out in welfare to people who refuse to work for a living.
If you have to pay for it, it's fake patriotism.

I'd rather see that money go toward making secondary education - both college education and trade school - more affordable. I don't need to see every sporting event turned into a pep rally for the military on our dime.

Welfare certainly does need significant reform, but that's more of a state-by-state issue.

As for thisnthread being dead without the extra horseshit...it would be and that's perfectly fine. Week-to-week discussions tend to be relatively short. If we can avoid the umpteenth, "Them KNEELERS hate 'Murica! If you don't like it, then get the Hell out!" comment, even better.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front

Last edited by Chimpbot; 11-22-2017 at 05:06 PM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #53
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,463
Whether taxpayer money goes to the poor or to billionaires, it's all welfare to me, and in the case of billionaires, they should scratch together their own stadium money. The studies have shown that the stadiums, with the hundreds of millions tossed in from taxpayers, are a net loss to locals. Not worth it.

At least with folks at the bottom of the income scale I know that the money is going right into the local economy, lol...with billionaires, it's probably headed to the Caymans.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:51 PM   #54
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Good Lord, yes. I'm tired of seeing taxpayer dollars going toward these stadiums.
Agree with you there, these owners need to cough up their own dough. It's not a boon to the fans. These guys are filthy rich.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nfl, sunday gameday

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 PM.