Once Upon A Deadpool |...
Last post by shadow763
Today 07:16 AM
9 Replies, 945 Views

Old 05-18-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Batman Return to Arkham Announced #ReturntoArkham #Batman

Click on the Headline for the Announcement Trailer.

Looks like Warner Bros. has officially announced the return of Batman to next-generation consoles, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City are joining together in one remastered bundle.

Quote:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Announces Batman: Return to Arkham for PS4 and Xbox One

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman: Return to Arkham. The new title bundles Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, two of the most critically acclaimed videogames on the last generation of gaming consoles. Both are being remastered for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One using Unreal Engine 4, a first for the award winning Batman: Arkham series. Remastered by Virtuos, this set offers fans a chance to play the first two Batman: Arkham titles including all Game of the Year edition bonus and downloadable content from both games, now with improved graphics, as well as upgraded models, environments, lighting, effects and shaders. Batman: Return to Arkham will be available beginning July 26 for a suggested retail price of $49.99/€49.99/39.99.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is where it all began. Originally developed by Rocksteady Studios and released in 2009, the game pushed the envelope for action, adventure and super hero games and exposed players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure taking them to the depths of Arkham Asylum. Featuring an original story, gamers can move in the shadows, instill fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City's most notorious villains, including Harley Quinn, Bane, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy and Scarecrow, who have taken over the asylum.

Batman: Arkham City is Rocksteady Studios’ 2011 follow-up to Batman: Arkham Asylum. The game builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring through the expansive Arkham City – the maximum security “home” for all of Gotham City’s thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Featuring an incredible Rogues Gallery of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals including Catwoman, The Joker, The Riddler, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze and many others, the game allows players to experience what it feels like to be The Dark Knight and deliver justice to those confined within Arkham City.

Batman: Return to Arkham is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license. Fans can visit facebook.com/batmanarkham for more information about the game.
Fantastic product or shameless cash grab?
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:19 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:10 PM   #3
Mitorofu
Someone's Dad

Great games, but fifty bucks to replay a pretty version of something I've already finished isn't super appealing. YMMV of course...
Mitorofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:14 PM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooud View Post
Great games, but fifty bucks to replay a pretty version of something I've already finished isn't super appealing. YMMV of course...
I'd definitely drop $50 if they included Origins; I know it got a bad rap, but I had a blast with it. Honestly, it's more enjoyable than Arkham Knight and it just feels like a better Batman story than City or Knight.

I thoroughly enjoyed it when I played the PC version, but I wouldn't mind having a convenient "all in one" package.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #5
bub64882
Evil Dead

If I hadn't played the originals to 100%, I would pick these up in a hot minute. Since I did, I won't.

Very interested to see what they have in store for the future though.
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
Anemone
Evil Dead

There were so many times when I was playing this game where I was like, wait, haven't I played this before? It's like entire plot points and motifs were pulled from previous games giving me that dega-vu sense. I think I've had my fill of the series.

For those who haven't played it though, it's super slick, but probably the previous ones were better.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:08 PM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
There were so many times when I was playing this game where I was like, wait, haven't I played this before? It's like entire plot points and motifs were pulled from previous games giving me that dega-vu sense. I think I've had my fill of the series.

For those who haven't played it though, it's super slick, but probably the previous ones were better.
Well, this is the previous ones. This is Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:24 PM   #8
Terran
Evil Dead

Remastered Generation™ strikes again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:24 PM   #9
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Well, this is the previous ones. This is Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.
Well shit, completely misread that. This is the one to get.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:13 AM   #10
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

"Batman: Arkham City" is on my to-finish list of PS3 games. It still looks good today and plays great in 3D. I don't mind these remasters in general, but I doubt there's a lot the current generation of consoles can add to the Arkham titles that the previous couldn't do.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:31 AM   #11
Azrael
Evil Dead

If you haven't played this series do yourself a favour and pick it up. Really is great a great collection of games. Easily the best super hero games ever
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arkham asylum, arkham city, batman, remastered generation™