Today 08:39 AM
54 Replies, 3,461 Views

Old 04-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

The Walking Dead Season 8 Finale Ratings Lowest Since Season 1

Variety has the story.

Quote:
“The Walking Dead” Season 8 finale rose week-to-week in the Nielsen ratings but still could not overcome the ratings declines that have plagued it for the past few seasons.

In the Live+Same Day numbers from Sunday, “The Walking Dead” averaged a 3.4 rating in adults 18-49 and 7.9 million viewers. That is up approximately 21% in the demo and 18% in total viewers versus last week. But that is also down 37% in the demo and 30% in total viewers from the Season 7 finale last year.

Season 8 of the series as a whole averaged a 3.4 and 7.8 million viewers in Live+Same Day, down from Season 7’s average approximately the same percentages as the Season 8 finale compared to the Season 7 finale.

Despite the fact the numbers are less than ideal for the show, it was nevertheless the highest-rated program of the night. The show also faced stiff competition on broadcast for the night, including ABC News’ interview with former FBI Director James Comey as well as the ACM Awards on CBS.
Read on.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:20 PM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

Should have ended four or five years ago. Let it go already, before the only remaining viewers are actual zombies.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:56 AM   #3
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Rick has an endless amount of bullets for his gun. Enough said.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:35 AM   #4
timmyd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
Rick has an endless amount of bullets for his gun. Enough said.
That's the same gun that has unerring accuracy except when shooting at Negan.

One scene they were frisking/relieving Rick of his weapons and suddenly the screen filled up with bullets. In a second it went to the test pattern.
Also he has more luck retrieving his AK47 after throwing it than normal people do with Tomahawks.
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:25 AM   #5
GinRummy
Evil Dead

When they gotta go out where the zombies are, did these people ever think to wear anything more than shorts and a t-shirt? Like find a motorcycle store and get some padded motocross leather and a helmet? Or find a dive shop and get some shark mail? Or even just a leather jacket and gloves? Of course not.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #6
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinRummy View Post
When they gotta go out where the zombies are, did these people ever think to wear anything more than shorts and a t-shirt? Like find a motorcycle store and get some padded motocross leather and a helmet? Or find a dive shop and get some shark mail? Or even just a leather jacket and gloves? Of course not.
There are people on the show that do wear anti-zombie armor.

I got tired of how stupid the main characters can be. I'm mean they've been living in the zombie apocalypse for 5 or 6 years now. And they still make some of the dumbest choices.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:01 AM   #7
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinRummy View Post
I don’t watch the show, but a central plot point to the first years of the book was the idea that they found some riot gear at a prison and that two people could wear it.

In fact, the general impetus for the book was that Robert Kirkman had spent way too much time thinking about Zombies. The characterscall acted very intelligently. There was a great scene where one of the characters remarks aloud how he used to kill all of the zombies he came across thinking that he was doing his part to “clean up” the world, but that it was slowly donning on him just how many people actually lived on the planet and how many of them are now zombies. He wasn’t even making a dent.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #8
GodFather
Evil Dead

The show has turned into a ridiculous post apocalyptic soap opera. The writing has nose dived in recent years, even with this years finale. I don't want to bring up specifics to ruin spoilers...but your not missing much!
GodFather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:30 AM   #9
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Haven't forced myself to sit through a whole episode in years. It was fairly good up until the end of the Governor story. Then they dragged on after the pointless Terminus storyline and plotholes ever-increasing in size I lost interest before Negan showed up. With Jon Bernthal and Michael Rooker long gone there was nobody else interesting to watch. Killing off Glenn is the point where I stopped following the comics. Losing him in the show must be like losing the only relateable character to the average viewer. None of the stakes matter anymore. Time to end it.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:54 PM   #10
Eats
Developer

I watched until the introduction of Negin which was way too long. I should've stopped right when they opened the barn. That was the end of the show imo.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #11
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I watched until the introduction of Negin which was way too long. I should've stopped right when they opened the barn. That was the end of the show imo.
I stopped around the same time. I kind of enjoyed the prison a bit but I think that was only because I was binging the show instead of having it drag out week to week. But the writing has been mostly bad for a while with a few really good episodes or scenes thrown in here or there. The acting is equally hit and miss.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:18 PM   #12
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I'm glad I've missed the last two seasons. I got up to the end of the Negin season and I'm got tired of the Impotent Rick who isn't willing to do what it takes to actually survive.

I got tired of the tropes of "we got something really good, so now lets do something dumb to screw it up." Like when they have a truck full of food but then decide to leave it unguarded to check ONE more house or something and sure enough they lose a year's worth of supplies EVERY TIME!

Or how no one else except one person seems to have figured out how having some walkers around you de-armed and de-toothed keeps you safe from other walkers...

Or how no one else managed to learn how to use a sword in the last few years...
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:28 AM   #13
KlausFlouride
Poisoned 2 my rotten core

I learned after the first 6 seasons that if this group of retards is mans best hope then we're all fucked. How fuckin' hard is it? Make/find a defensible base and stay there.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:17 AM   #14
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

"find a defensible base and stay there."

Then create tech that adds a neck bomb. Heart stops for 40 seconds, BOOM. No random zombie killing everyone.

Next... FInd a way to clear as many zombies as possible. (Starts to think about that...)
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #15
Lutheran
Dreadnought

I'm guessing that some of the millions of other people who are still alive already long ago sucked up all the good stuff from the motorcycle stores lol
Old 04-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #16
Lutheran
Dreadnought

Finding people who will stay loyal to you when another group comes around and drives their truck through your front gate can't be all that easy. Humans have always been the groups biggest threats..jealous humans are dangerous humans.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:37 AM   #17
Exodus
Evil Dead

I watched until negan. Honestly I just got tired of listening to the actor who plays rick grims rant on with his crazy apocalypse now dialogues. The worst part is he makes the people who play the villains sound like the good guys. Is this a story of you either die the hero or watch yourself become the villain because I got boring fast.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #18
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

i only watched some episodes of the first few seasons. It always amazed me how people always chosed the worst decisión on any situation.

Some scenes were great.. but overall most of the people were too dumb for me.
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the walking dead