Last post by Inkabodcrane
Yesterday 03:50 PM
2 Replies, 198 Views

Old 12-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Dying Light - Nighttime Gameplay Walkthrough

Quote:
Techland and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment released today a new gameplay video from Dying Light, showcasing the darker side of the game's revolutionary day-and-night-cycle mechanic. The video gives a glimpse into different strategies that players will adopt depending on the time of day in order to survive.

Slow, apathetic, and easily visible, the infected are not much of a threat in daylight. A skilled courier, sure of their parkour skills and smart enough not to engage in combat with too many enemies, can effortlessly avoid larger groups of the infected or escape beyond their reach. But this relatively safe state of affairs is turned upside down as the sun sets!

At night, it is you who is at a disadvantage. Without daylight, the senses of the infected become more acute while their thirst for human flesh skyrockets. They run, jump, and climb, so there is really no place where you are safe anymore. They grow in strength, which means fighting them is not even an option. Those of them who were too afraid of light to come out during the day now swarm the city hunting for you. Still, there is something even worse lurking in the shadows...
Click on the headline to watch the video.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Venkman
Evil Dead

This game has me fucking hyped. According to the devs during the demo at the Spike TV shitty awards, it's running in 1080p on PS4. No idea about the XB1 yet.

If the trend continues to be 1080p on PS4, this might be the first game I get on the new systems.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
bean19
Butt Stallion

Honestly, this looks like a really fun next-gen game. If they release early enough next year, I'll get it Day One just because there isn't anything else out yet. I've liked what I've seen and the early part of next year has nothing coming out at all.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Well that looked a little disappointing. The movement is weird but the fighting is just laughable.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
Pluvious
Evil Dead

OMG that orange and yellow bar in the middle of the screen needs to be placed at the bottom of the screen and NOT IN THE FREAKIN MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN!! WTF! That better be able to turn off or I seriously might pass on the game altogether. Yeah.. it's THAT annoying.

Oh and yeah. .it's Dead Island 2.0 IMHO.
Pluvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
AkumaATR
Jaded Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
Well that looked a little disappointing. The movement is weird but the fighting is just laughable.
I honestly can't remember the last time I heard you praise anything. Just for fun, can you humor me and tell me five games from the last decade that you consider great/amazing? Do five exist?
AkumaATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
Hydroeric
Subscriber

Not bad. I am interested.

I liked:
Overall movement and environment interaction. Like they married Mirror Edge to it.
Looked like multiple pathways such as breaking down barriers and over rooftops.
Throwing and kicking take downs.

Gripes:
I have to open the door to get out but they close it behind me?
Every trap setup has the same switch/lever animation. Minor but really? Are we always flipping two dip switches and throwing a lever?
How close to the car do they need to be get lured? When he was balanced on the fence some pretty close infected just stood there.
Do the infected give chase? As he was running up the hill to the power station they let him be pretty quick. Same for when he was balanced on the fence setting off the car trap.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #9
actusoul
Evil Dead

Not sure what Suicidal and Pluvious saw but I was impressed. It looks next gen and fun. This is definitely on my radar. If the reviews are decent, then I will purchase this game on my PS4.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
Venkman
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
I honestly can't remember the last time I heard you praise anything. Just for fun, can you humor me and tell me five games from the last decade that you consider great/amazing? Do five exist?
It's probably all old games. Rose tinted glasses and all that.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
It's probably all old games. Rose tinted glasses and all that.
Yeah, SS hates almost everything. I don't even comment on it anymore. I just move to the next post with my understanding that SS is the Eeyore of EvAv.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
AkumaATR
Jaded Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
Yeah, SS hates almost everything. I don't even comment on it anymore. I just move to the next post with my understanding that SS is the Eeyore of EvAv.
I just need to know that he knows great/amazing as a baseline. Otherwise one's opinion of what is shit means nothing. :-P
AkumaATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #13
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
I just need to know that he knows great/amazing as a baseline. Otherwise one's opinion of what is shit means nothing. :-P
That's what I'm telling you. He hates nearly everything, so weigh his criticism accordingly.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #14
Nominal
Evil Dead

Phew, somebody's FINALLY making a zombie survival game
Nominal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #15
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Starbound, Battlefield 4, State of Decay, Assassins Creed IV Black Flag, Stanley Parable, Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell Blacklist, MirrorMoon, Rust, Warframe, Wolf Among Us, Dragons Crown.

There is a small list of fairly recent titles... Sorry I'm not delusional like most of you. Even games I like have plenty of problems worth mentioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean19 View Post
That's what I'm telling you. He hates nearly everything, so weigh his criticism accordingly.
Not really stop making shit up you and Blitzkrieg have a bad fucking habit of doing this bullshit. I don't live in fucktard rainbow and unicorn land like you seem to.

There are more bad games out there than good by a large margin. Most "AAA" games are full of bugs or stupid ass content. I love Black Flag yet I tend to rage quit out of exhaustion dealing with the crappy console mechanics making you cling to shit for no reason and occasionally boring game play with the copy and paste stealth mechanics on top of PRESS X TO WIN combat. People constantly accepting all of these generic rehashes with high praise is yet another reason nothing ever changes lately. Proof is how bland "next gen" is.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #16
Venkman
Evil Dead

I just saw this episode last night:

Old 12-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #17
actusoul
Evil Dead

Sometimes Suicidal has good points and its good to have a different perspective but how can you knock this game? Its looks promising. Mirrors Edge combined with zombies. it has the potential to be a great game. If this was pitched at a gaming company, I would consider it a great idea. This video looks good. I have to admit that yellow bar in the middle is a little annoying but it may be there for a good reason.. it may be vital to the mechanics. I also bet you can move it if you want.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #18
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post
Sometimes Suicidal has good points and its good to have a different perspective but how can you knock this game? Its looks promising. Mirrors Edge combined with zombies. it has the potential to be a great game. If this was pitched at a gaming company, I would consider it a great idea. This video looks good. I have to admit that yellow bar in the middle is a little annoying but it may be there for a good reason.. it may be vital to the mechanics. I also bet you can move it if you want.
Pluvious put it best hopefully you played Dead Island to understand.

The presentation of the entire video was just a little annoying for me too on top of the game itself. I got a hardcore Far Cry 3 vibe in regards to the story and dialogue, random switch flipping to magically fix things and the tedious pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
OMG that orange and yellow bar in the middle of the screen needs to be placed at the bottom of the screen and NOT IN THE FREAKIN MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN!! WTF! That better be able to turn off or I seriously might pass on the game altogether. Yeah.. it's THAT annoying.

Oh and yeah. .it's Dead Island 2.0 IMHO.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #19
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
Starbound, Battlefield 4, State of Decay, Assassins Creed IV Black Flag, Stanley Parable, Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell Blacklist, MirrorMoon, Rust, Warframe, Wolf Among Us, Dragons Crown.
You are redeemed and titties are awesome.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #20
TUT
Evil Dead

This arena is getting full fast with interesting zombie/survival takes. At least one of them has to be great.
TUT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dying light, techland, wb games