Last post by Inkabodcrane
Yesterday 01:43 PM
8 Replies, 890 Views

Old 12-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Borderlands Live Action - Jack's Exodus

Quote:
Death is just the beginning of the misadventures of Pandora's greatest villain.

Watch the full film live January 3rd at the Games on Film festival or catch it here on Machinima.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
bean19
Butt Stallion

Not really interested in this film, but I do want female psychos now. I get that it means creating another 3D model and a separate set of animations for it, but that's why they get the big bucks.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

I like the idea, but more in photographs, really. This will probably be stupid. If I'm really bored, I may check it out. Probably won't get that bored though.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Coming soon to the SyFy channel!

That looks... Not very good...
Old 12-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post

This. A hundred times this.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

Quote:

Yup. I mean I can forgive some stuff like the looks.. but why the fuck is Handsome Jack fighting them out there in the open like that? I've played this game many times over and this never happens.

Shit, could have made something from Handsome Jack's pov kind of. Show him and what he's doing while the vault hunters are doing their thing on Pandora.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:

Come on I enjoyed MegaUltraShark x Ultra Chicken! FINEST CHANNEL EVER.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
gawaintheblind
Evil Dead

Quote:

yeah. I can't meh hard enough.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #9
Azrael
Evil Dead

I'd like to say that i wouldn't watch it... but i probably will
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #10
lockwoodx
Photobomber

The one major thing that irked me about Borderlands canon was that regenerators (respawn points ect) were all built and tied to Hyperion tech with the premise that the company would be filthy rich luring adventurers to distant planets in order to charge them respawn fees after killing them. Bandits were suppose to be so poor they couldn't afford respawns thus staying dead. Angel was around only so long to help hack them. This means at any given moment Jack or Hyperion for that matter could have flipped a switch and disabled respawns for anyone. (how Roland died) This also means Jack can never die unless his ultimate authority over the company is relinquished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
Karai Pantsu
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
This also means Jack can never die unless his ultimate authority over the company is relinquished.
Yeah, I thought about that too. But then there'd be no real game, so I guess suspension of disbelief? Kind of a big oversight, honestly.

However, this looks relatively well built. It's a SyFy bullshit original, but they didn't take an animal and make it big/numerous, so it's outside their typical strike zone. Perhaps that's the key to getting something good on the network? We'll have to wait and see.
Karai Pantsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
LikeTheRazor
Evil Dead

Quote:
The one major thing that irked me about Borderlands canon was that regenerators (respawn points ect) were all built and tied to Hyperion tech with the premise that the company would be filthy rich luring adventurers to distant planets in order to charge them respawn fees after killing them. Bandits were suppose to be so poor they couldn't afford respawns thus staying dead. Angel was around only so long to help hack them. This means at any given moment Jack or Hyperion for that matter could have flipped a switch and disabled respawns for anyone. (how Roland died) This also means Jack can never die unless his ultimate authority over the company is relinquished.
Borderlands is not a very realistic game in general.
LikeTheRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #13
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeTheRazor View Post
Borderlands is not a very realistic game in general.
Quote:
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
Old 12-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
Nominal
Evil Dead

I too demand more plausibility in my game featuring a horse made out of diamonds called Butt Stallion
Nominal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nominal View Post
I too demand more plausibility in my game featuring a horse made out of diamonds called Butt Stallion
The word we are all looking for is continuuity.
Quote:
Old 12-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #16
GunnSgtHartman
Evil Dead

Why do some developers spend a massive amount of money to make crappy live action movies INSTEAD OF PUTTING THE MONEY INTO THEIR OWN FUCKING GAMES?
Old 12-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #17
bean19
Butt Stallion

Quote:
From the Borderland's forums, Handsome Jack answers:

Quote:
Alright settle down kiddos. Let me explain it to you.

We here at Hyperion Corporation value your continued contribution towards- Oh if I use any big words, let me know *wink*, towards our company. Our employees are like family, the money you spend being re-animated helps them and their families. We like to call it the 'Grandma Fund' I mean, it's not like you've got anything great to spend it on right? What, scrap guns from some illegal arms dealer? Medical supplies of dubious (dubious means uncertain/questionable) quality from someone who claims to be a doctor? Nah.

Yeah, sure you go gambling in a den run by a known sex offender but trust me, your money's better in my pockets. I hope that you managed to pay attention while reading that, I know it can be... difficult for some of you. If you've got any inquiries, please don't hesitate to off yourself. See ya! o7

Hmm... I really should look into buying some stables...
So, you're looking behind curtains you needn't Dorothy. In all seriousness though, it is a plot hole, but it didn't occur to me until you brought it up because respawning in games is a necessary mechanic and their comedic efforts to make it more fun are appreciated.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #18
Anenome
Autarchist

They coulda worked in something about hacking the respawn system, and made it a thing for the final boss fight where he respawns after being killed the first time. That would've been hilariously meta. But then Angel would have to be alive to help you hack that fight probably. Or maybe she could've locked him out of the respawn system just prior to her death?

You could always look at it like the system is encrypted so well that even Hyperion doesn't know whose data is whose when it's in their system, so they just have to eat paying customers to make a profit.

And you can assume that Angel hacked the respawn system to prevent Jack from respawning when the vault hunter eventually makes it to him. Jack would never know unless he died first, which perhaps explain why he so cavalierly stays around to fight in the end.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #19
lockwoodx
Photobomber

I don't really think Gearbox is done with BL2 DLC since there's still the orbiting station to deal with and the GoTY edition is going strong. Pitchford could be taking a page right out of the 3dRealms playbook and how they milked the shit out of Duke for eons.
Quote:
Old 12-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

I think a story with Jack is very interesting. I will be playing Tell Tale's story about him and Angel's mom. I do not know about this though... I can see Jack coming back as an anti-hero of sorts...maybe... haha maybe not. I think he really did love and want to protect Angel and I really do believe he loved her mom very much(which losing her could have really fucked him up and turned him into what he is now.). Anyway he is one of my favorite villains in video games so a good story about him would be cool.

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borderlands, jack's exodus