8 Replies, 356 Views
See Rockstar's Wild West...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 02:10 PM
32 Replies, 1,553 Views

Old 08-15-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Destiny - The Collection Announced for Release with Rise of Iron, Trailer #Destiny

Bungie and Activision have announced that Destiny - The Collection will be released worldwide on September 20th, along with the Rise of Iron expansion.

Quote:
“Destiny – The Collection is the perfect starting point for gamers who have yet to experience Destiny,” said Byron Beede, Sr. Vice President of Destiny at Activision. “Destiny – The Collection contains some of the most engaging content Bungie has ever created and the soon-to-be released Rise of Iron. It also includes a character boost that will allow new players to instantly join in with friends who are already enjoying Destiny.”

Players who pre-order Destiny – The Collection or Rise of Iron will receive the black and silver Iron Gjallarhorn*, a fan favorite weapon making its return to power. Those that pre-order digitally or at select retailers will also receive the Iron Gjallarwing Sparrow*.
Click on the headline for the press release and trailer.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bungie and Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today one of the largest content offerings in gaming to launch this year – Destiny – The Collection. Containing every release from the award-winning action shooter franchise to date, including the new large expansion, Destiny: Rise of Iron, Destiny – The Collection is the perfect opportunity for new Guardians to join the fight for humanity’s survival. For legacy gen players, Destiny – The Collection marks the opportunity to transition to playing Destiny on a current gen system through the upgrade program which begins today and runs until January 31, 2017. Destiny – The Collection will launch alongside Rise of Iron on September 20, 2016 and will be available for the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One (PlayStation®Plus, Xbox Live Gold, required for some features). Gamers who pre-purchase Destiny – The Collection digitally will be able to experience Destiny, The Dark Below, House of Wolves and The Taken King immediately, while awaiting the release of Rise of Iron.

“Destiny – The Collection is the perfect starting point for gamers who have yet to experience Destiny,” said Byron Beede, Sr. Vice President of Destiny at Activision. “Destiny – The Collection contains some of the most engaging content Bungie has ever created and the soon-to-be released Rise of Iron. It also includes a character boost that will allow new players to instantly join in with friends who are already enjoying Destiny.”

Players who pre-order Destiny – The Collection or Rise of Iron will receive the black and silver Iron Gjallarhorn*, a fan favorite weapon making its return to power. Those that pre-order digitally or at select retailers will also receive the Iron Gjallarwing Sparrow*.

Destiny brings you into a bold world of action and adventure where you are a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth wielding incredible powers. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system as you immerse yourself in a cinematic single-player campaign. Join up with friends in three or six player co-op activities. Spar with your fellow players in a variety of competitive multiplayer modes. Upgrade your character to create a powerful hero as unique as yourself. Become Legend.

Destiny – The Collection is rated T for Teen by the ESRB. Destiny – The Collection will be available at a suggested retail price of $59.99. At launch, PlayStation gamers will also get access exclusive content for Rise of Iron, timed exclusive until at least Fall 2017. For more information on the Legacy gen upgrade path please visit: http://www.destinythegame.com/upgrade

For game information, visit www.DestinyTheGame.com and follow the official Destiny social channels at www.facebook.com/DestinyTheGame and @DestinyTheGame on Twitter and Instagram. The community can interact directly with the developers at www.Bungie.net, www.facebook.com/Bungie, @Bungie on Twitter, and www.Twitch.tv/Bungie on Twitch.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Amazon has it listed already, if you're interested.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:35 PM   #4
Anemone
Evil Dead

Okay, Destiny + No Man's Sky + Minecraft + VR, there's a billion dollar seller.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:52 AM   #5
shadow763
Lord of Woe

I like how they keep reissuing the same game every year for 60 bucks with minimal additions. It is hilarious.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:59 AM   #6
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Okay, Destiny + No Man's Sky + Minecraft + VR, there's a billion dollar seller.
If you strip away VR and Minecraft (while saving the building aspects, maybe), I'd be excited for something like that.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:27 AM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
I like how they keep reissuing the same game every year for 60 bucks with minimal additions. It is hilarious.
Remastered Generation™ strikes again!
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:25 AM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Remastered Generation™ strikes again!
But...this isn't a remaster.

This is just another Destiny bundle, with more DLC included.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:42 AM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

Yes, I understand that. My point is this entire generation is just a re-re-re-released update of an update of an update of a package.

It's really quite tiring, honestly. WORST generation on consoles I've seen in my life.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:14 AM   #10
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Yes, I understand that. My point is this entire generation is just a re-re-re-released update of an update of an update of a package.

It's really quite tiring, honestly. WORST generation on consoles I've seen in my life.
Agreed, originally the idea of a console with beefy amounts of ram had me excited. Instead it's become generation rehash/remaster of the exact same games that came out a year ago on 360/PS3. What a waste of potential.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:52 AM   #11
Kawika
Dread Lord

I kind of feel this is the best generation ever to leave consoles behind. I toyed with it on the PS3/360 gen. The few games I miss hardly seem worth dealing with the overwhelming garbage of poor frame rates and sub 1080p resolution.

I play everything @ 60-144fps at 1440p. I am not going back. I prefer my console games to be of the retro variety.
Kawika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #12
Anemone
Evil Dead

Quote:
I kind of feel this is the best generation ever to leave consoles behind.
MP is borked on PC tho :\

Tags
activision, bungie, destiny