Last post by EL CABONG
Today 10:03 AM
3 Replies, 221 Views

Old 10-01-2018, 08:39 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Gameplay Video Part 2

Quote:
Watch the second half of our Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay Series - outlining all sorts of nefarious activities Arthur and the Van der Linde Gang can get involved in, including robbing trains, encountering rival gangs and outlaws, evading cunning lawmen and lots more in a world that is deep, teeming with life and very menacing. Today’s video also includes a look at the new and expanded Dead Eye system, and was captured entirely from in-game footage.

Red Dead Redemption 2: Coming October 26, 2018 to PlayStation 4 systems.
Click on the Headline for the Video.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:40 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 10-01-2018, 08:41 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

This game is going to spoil me for all other games. I'm going to have to finish up Assassin's Creed and Spider-Man right away or put them away forever.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:14 AM   #4
GinRummy
Evil Dead

But... but... my pc doesn't... gah. /cry.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:43 AM   #5
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Graphics look amazing but I don't know how "fun" it will be. Either way, day 1 purchase for me! PS4 Pro since all my friends are going that way.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:54 AM   #6
smgalia
Death Knight

I know this will sound like hyperbole, and no I don't work for Rockstar, but if this game does everything it is promising, this could get up there in the conversation as the greatest game of this generation. The PS4/Xbox One generation.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:36 AM   #7
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
This game is going to spoil me for all other games. I'm going to have to finish up Assassin's Creed and Spider-Man right away or put them away forever.
I know exactly how you feel. Once this comes out, everything else will take a backseat to it... I don't think my girlfriend will appreciate that, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smgalia View Post
I know this will sound like hyperbole, and no I don't work for Rockstar, but if this game does everything it is promising, this could get up there in the conversation as the greatest game of this generation. The PS4/Xbox One generation.
I think this will easily be one of the best games of this generation. I have little doubt that this will be one of my all-time top games, possibly even rank higher than the original RDR.

Please note that I typically hate when fanboys talk about games the way I am talking about RDR2 right now, but I'm just so hyped for this game; it looks magnificent. My only fear is that Rockstar will ruin it with online/microtransaction bullshit.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:27 PM   #8
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Meanwhile I still haven't finished the first RDR! Gah! TMG!
Old 10-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #9
walstib
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Meanwhile I still haven't finished the first RDR! Gah! TMG!
same here. i may go back and pick it up again. had trouble getting into it and really didn't play more than a few hours.

this looks amazing and i'd pick it up for the visuals alone

-
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #10
Primus
Valar Morghulis

I just did a replay of the first on my XB1X and it really holds up. Can't recommend it enough. It even got the 4k treatment on both consoles I believe.

But yeah, this is THE game of 2018, easily.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:22 PM   #11
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I doubt anything can beat God of War, Spider-Man, and Dragon Quest XI knock out combo. One of those should get GOTY. Sadly won't be DQ XI. Maybe in Japan.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:43 PM   #12
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I will tell you once place where RDR2 WILL be GOTY: Xbox One X. Because it lacks the 3 aforementioned gems. Best hardware by a mile, but damn, the good exclusives are like non-existent. There's really about one exclusive I am even interested in and that's Forza Horizon 4 which I get "free" on Game Pass. Oh dear. I care not for chick Gears, lost interest in Halo with 5, and have zero faith new Crackdown will be any good. The rest is rubbish.

Great, I am sounding like Phil.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #13
LostToys
Evil Dead

The problem is Japanese RPGs live and die by the story. It is rare for a Japanese RPG to have a great story, let alone a game of the year story. Dragon Quest XI has no chances of being game of the year for that reason.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #14
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
I will tell you once place where RDR2 WILL be GOTY: Xbox One X. Because it lacks the 3 aforementioned gems. Best hardware by a mile, but damn, the good exclusives are like non-existent. There's really about one exclusive I am even interested in and that's Forza Horizon 4 which I get "free" on Game Pass. Oh dear. I care not for chick Gears, lost interest in Halo with 5, and have zero faith new Crackdown will be any good. The rest is rubbish.

Come to the dark side... we have cookies.

Forza 4 looks great though. I am playing it on my PC.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:59 AM   #15
Ballistic.
Knight

Quote:

I recently upgraded from my original PS4 to a White PS4 Pro (looks slick), however my original plan was to upgrade my old school Xbone to a One X as EB Games here in Australia had probably the best trade in deal I have ever seen for that console - it was really cheap. I was purely concerned with getting the best platform for RDR2, but then I got to looking at the exclusives for both consoles, and the PS4 was by far the best choice by a long, long shot... and honestly, all the Xbox exclusives are coming to PC now anyways, which is my primary system, so not much point.

Even if the PS4 Pro version is not as sharp as the Xbox One X, the better range of games more than makes up for slightly lower performance.
Ballistic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:10 AM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Yea, I wonder if MS isn’t shooting themselves in the foot by bringing everything to the PC. At this point they now have zero exclusives for their new console and nothing that even utilizes the power of the X.

If you own a PS4 and a PC, there is zero reason to buy an X, which is just handing that many more system sales to Sony.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:43 AM   #17
LostToys
Evil Dead

It is great, from a quality standpoint, that Microsoft games are available day-and-date on PC. From a console standpoint, it completely killed my Xbox One purchase. I no longer have anything to play on it because I can already play the exclusives on PC and anything console only on PS4.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #18
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
If you own a PS4 and a PC, there is zero reason to buy an X
Space heater?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote