Official Trailer:...
Last post by Inkabodcrane
Yesterday 01:46 PM
7 Replies, 566 Views

Old 09-16-2019, 07:09 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Terrorism Drama The Goldfinch Bombs at the Box Office

It was a mixed bag of a weekend for Warner Bros. which saw It: Chapter Two deliver a strong hold and retain the weekend's #1 spot at the box office, but their new release, The Goldfinch, bombed, delivering one of the worst openings ever for a wide release.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of September 13th to September 15th, 2019.
  1. It: Chapter Two $40.7/$153.8
  2. Hustlers $33.2/$33.2
  3. Angel has Fallen $4.4/$60.3
  4. Good Boys $4.2/$73.3
  5. The Lion King $3.5/$533.9
  6. Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw $2.7/$168.3
  7. Overcomer $2.7/$28.9
  8. The Goldfinch $2.6/$2.6
  9. The Peanut Butter Falcon $1.9/$15.0
  10. Dora and the Lost City of Gold $1.8/$56.7
  11. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark $1.7/$64.4
  12. Brittany Runs a Marathon $1.5/$3.8
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

Went to the theater yesterday with my wife and was reminded of why I don't miss going to the theater. Two lovely ladies sat in front of us with their pudgy little eight-year-old (grand)child who was carrying a soda that seemed as large as his puffy face and which he refilled on at least one occasion. Go ahead, feed your (grand)child to the Greek god Diabetes, that's your choice, you fools. Do us all a favor, however, and teach him to sit in a seat for longer than three minutes at a sugar-addled time. He's up, in the next row, back to his row, seated in the aisle, spilling his drink on the floor, downstairs to get more liquid diabetes, back up to wander about and tug at his (grand)mother. <ring ring ring ring> (grand)mother's phone rings repeatedly during the film. He's back in the aisle again, now lying down. And on and on.

FFS, lol. I actually experienced more amusement from watching this poorly trained/reared child than I did the film, which was just so-so. I pity him the lack of guideposts in his life, which is clearly the fault of his (grand)mother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #3
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

I always hear stories of moviegoing experience at the movies in the US... It seems Nightmarish.

Going to the movies here is actually quite good. Everyone is quiet and enjoying the movie. Anyone who interrupts anyone experience is promptly booted from the theater.
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:19 PM   #4
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Went to the theater yesterday with my wife and was reminded of why I don't miss going to the theater. Two lovely ladies sat in front of us with their pudgy little eight-year-old (grand)child who was carrying a soda that seemed as large as his puffy face and which he refilled on at least one occasion. Go ahead, feed your (grand)child to the Greek god Diabetes, that's your choice, you fools. Do us all a favor, however, and teach him to sit in a seat for longer than three minutes at a sugar-addled time. He's up, in the next row, back to his row, seated in the aisle, spilling his drink on the floor, downstairs to get more liquid diabetes, back up to wander about and tug at his (grand)mother. <ring ring ring ring> (grand)mother's phone rings repeatedly during the film. He's back in the aisle again, now lying down. And on and on.

FFS, lol. I actually experienced more amusement from watching this poorly trained/reared child than I did the film, which was just so-so. I pity him the lack of guideposts in his life, which is clearly the fault of his (grand)mother.
I would have asked them nicely to control the child. If that didn't work I'd ask management to either boot them, or give me a refund. I've been refunded a few times after I've told the management I wasn't going to finish the movie due to bad parents.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

I actually felt bad for them and the kid. Really. Overweight at a young age and pouring soda down his gullet. No impulse control. Parent(s) to blame for that stuff.

I have six well-behaved (generally) kids, and I just felt pity. Not sure why he didn't tick us off, but my wife and I just looked at each other on occasion, smiled, rolled our eyes, and went back to watching the film.
Quote:
Old 09-16-2019, 03:37 PM   #6
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Death Knight

Quote:
I actually felt bad for them and the kid. Really. Overweight at a young age and pouring soda down his gullet. No impulse control. Parent(s) to blame for that stuff.

I have six well-behaved (generally) kids, and I just felt pity. Not sure why he didn't tick us off, but my wife and I just looked at each other on occasion, smiled, rolled our eyes, and went back to watching the film.
Sugar like the number one cause of a early death now in US and soda,juice anything that liquid sugar is the worst offender. Because it gets in your system so quickly. Pretty much given up all sugary drinks now and I feel much better for it.

Last edited by Sir_Smokes_Alot; 09-16-2019 at 06:09 PM..
Sir_Smokes_Alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #7
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:

Both my wife and I have had our lives partially ruined by liquid diabetes as children. There should be huge class action lawsuits against Coke and Pepsi.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:08 PM   #8
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:

fair enough
Old 09-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
There should be huge class action lawsuits against Coke and Pepsi.
Legal products, adults can do as they wish. Coke and Pepsi are fine in moderation (actual moderation, like a normal sized glass once in a blue moon, not in a portable tub like we Americans happily consume). Sue the parents for abdicating their responsibility to be PARENTS to a child whose only inclination as a normal child is to do whatever feels good at the moment.

If you take the brakes (parents saying "NO") out of the vehicle of childhood, you end up with a friggin' mess of an adult.
Quote:
Old 09-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Doesn't look like there are any game or movie releases this week other than the Nintendo Switch Lite and the new Zelda.

It must be a skip week or something, because I can't even find a list of the movies out this week.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #11
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Coke and Pepsi are fine in moderation (actual moderation, like a normal sized glass once in a blue moon, not in a portable tub like we Americans happily consume). Sue the parents for abdicating their responsibility to be PARENTS to a child whose only inclination as a normal child is to do whatever feels good at the moment.
An interesting dilemma, isn't it? What is the difference between a parent that doesn't feed a child enough, which can cause malnourishment and can put their long term health in jeopardy, and a parent that feeds a child an abundance of junk food which can cause disease (such as diabetes) and puts their long term health in jeopardy? In the former situation, child services step in and take the child away. In the latter, we just shake our heads.

When does the state step in and start taking kids away from everyone because a lot of parents are idiots? This isn't like guns, we are talking about human life here. Do we decide that only if kids are unhappy (or killed) is where we draw the line and parents are allowed to abuse their kids as long as the kids are happy?

I'm not advocating anything here, I'm just saying it's a dilemma.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:40 AM   #12
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Doesn't look like there are any game or movie releases this week other than the Nintendo Switch Lite and the new Zelda.

It must be a skip week or something, because I can't even find a list of the movies out this week.
Ad Astra is out this week, as well as the new Rambo. Last time I checked they both come out on the 20th, and I plan to watch Ad Astra.

I went and watched a little film called "Freaks" tonight by myself. I avoid going to the theater as much as possible on weekends, I can't stand an annoying audience like what Terran was talking about. I have Sun/Mon off so I usually wait for Monday.

Anyways, Freaks was really damn awesome. I went in having watched one trailer a month ago, that's it, and was pretty blown away. I don't want to say anything else because what I've already said is too much, just do yourself a favor and watch it someday.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:13 AM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
Ad Astra is out this week, as well as the new Rambo. Last time I checked they both come out on the 20th, and I plan to watch Ad Astra.

I went and watched a little film called "Freaks" tonight by myself. I avoid going to the theater as much as possible on weekends, I can't stand an annoying audience like what Terran was talking about. I have Sun/Mon off so I usually wait for Monday.

Anyways, Freaks was really damn awesome. I went in having watched one trailer a month ago, that's it, and was pretty blown away. I don't want to say anything else because what I've already said is too much, just do yourself a favor and watch it someday.
I wanted to see that one. It's certainly on my list.

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart