2 Replies, 240 Views
Destiny 2 Expansion II:...
Last post by MadMurdock_0311
Today 08:25 PM
4 Replies, 340 Views

Old 11-04-2016, 12:11 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Reviews "A Compelling Single-Player Experience" #CoD

Game Informer - 9/10

Quote:
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare features a compelling single-player experience with plenty of optional missions for those looking for more, and robust multiplayer modes for players of every style, whether youíre leading the scoreboards in kill confirmed or goofing around with friends taking on an alien invader in an over-the-top amusement park.
Hardcore Gamer - 4.5/5

Quote:
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has had to overcome more public opinion adversity than likely any game before it, but itís accomplished that in spades, blowing a planet-sized raspberry to all of its naysayers. Just because it takes place in the future doesnít diminish its merit and in fact allows it to introduce several unique aspects to the series. With the help of Naughty Dog alumni, the story is one of the most comprehensible and well-rounded in recent series history, even it can falter due to a lack of backstory. The multiplayer is a strong effort and introduces the neat Combat Rigs, although it can sometimes feel a bit like the little brother of Black Ops III. Likely the area of most concern turned out to the highlight, with Zombies in Spaceland so triumphant that it would be a shame not to spin it off into its own series. It may not take Call of Duty to the heights of its galactic setting, but Infinite Warfare is out of this world.
Gaming Trend - 85/100

Quote:
While Multiplayer feels largely like more of the same with a few new features and a fresh coat of paint, and Zombies in Spaceland is a goofy, funny romp through 80s nostalgia, the Campaign is where Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare really shines. Infinity Ward brings a level of narrative skill to the series not seen before, with a gripping space opera that makes this one of the best to come out of the series in a while.
GameSpot - 8/10

Quote:
By venturing beyond Earth--and not just to other planets, but to space itself--Call of Duty found a canvas to produce its best story in years. It reinforces the notion that a game's narrative is only as good as its characters. Given the campaign's accomplishments in space combat, it's puzzling that no effort was made to replicate its zero-G sensations in Infinite Warfare's multiplayer. Consequently, the well-crafted Zombies mode is a more attractive, time-consuming proposition for those looking to play with friends. While no Call of Duty game has matched the comprehensive excellence of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the exploits of Reyes and Ethan are at least as memorable and moving as any deeds from ďSoapĒ MacTavish and John Price during from the series' heyday.
GamesRadar - 4/5

Quote:
It's a solidly entertaining COD this year then: consistent and exciting, albeit perhaps without any overtly outstanding moments. It's one of the prettiest games in the series for a while, but looking back I struggle to remember any truly killer bits I want to tell my friends about. It's more one big overall pleasing shooty space noise - satisfying throughout, with no massive peaks but, more importantly, no troughs either.
Destructoid - 7/10

Quote:
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare does just enough to stay above the curve and somewhat make up for the appropriately soulless Ghosts. The zombies team did an incredible job with Spaceland, and the multiplayer still ticks all of the right boxes with an ample locomotion system that has since been surpassed by Titanfall. But if you were expecting anything totally new, including the non-inventive space campaign, look elsewhere. Or, look directly to the inside of your slipcase and enter the code for Modern Warfare Remastered.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #2
brandonjclark
Subscriber

So if I buy this I get MW Remastered, too? COUNT me in! The SP was always good in the CoD franchise as far as I'm concerned.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #3
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
So if I buy this I get MW Remastered, too? COUNT me in! The SP was always good in the CoD franchise as far as I'm concerned.
You have to get the Legacy Edition, which cost $20 more than standard. Amazon has it for $64, if you're a prime member.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - PS4 Legacy Edition - $79.96 ($63.99 Prime)

Green Man Gaming should have it at 10 percent off soon.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
hund_
Evil Dead

for those that wanna know full bot support for both games
Old 11-04-2016, 01:39 PM   #5
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

IGN was blasting the single player story. With their goddamn "review in progress..." Jesus does it take that long to review this game??

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:48 PM   #6
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADxMrMike View Post
IGN was blasting the single player story. With their goddamn "review in progress..." Jesus does it take that long to review this game??
Hey now it's Call of Duty, man! That SP takes at least four hours to beat. Cut IGN some slack while they hire a freelancer with a GTX 760 to review it.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:41 PM   #7
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

Quote:
It does if you want to properly assess the MP in this day and age.
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
I played for a couple of hours yesterday. I'm bored.

They still haven't figured out how to get past the gameplay where you spend most of your time watching the AI do stuff and the player just follows along. The best strategy for the entire single player campaign is to stand back a bit and just wait for the AI to finish whatever they are doing.

The flying sections aren't much better, they mostly work the same way. Just hang back until the sequence is over and moves on to the next area.

It's actually terrible in a lot of ways. Yes, it is pretty. Pretty dull.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:26 AM   #9
Azrael
Evil Dead

I purchased it just to get the remastered version of COD4... I'll be playing the Infinite Warfare campaign after COD4 but not super excited for it
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activision, call of duty, infinite warfare, infinity ward