Today 05:43 PM
9 Replies, 631 Views

Old 11-12-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Pokemon Detective Pikachu Trailer Has Been Released

Quote:
The world of Pokémon comes to life!

The first-ever live-action Pokémon movie, “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” stars Ryan Reynolds as the titular character in the first-ever live-action movie based on the iconic face of the global Pokémon brand—one of the world’s most popular, multi-generation entertainment properties and most successful media franchises of all time.

Fans everywhere can now experience Pikachu on the big screen as never before, as a talking detective Pikachu, a Pokémon like no other. The film also showcases a wide array of beloved Pokémon characters, each with its own unique abilities and personality.

The story begins when ace private eye Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, prompting his 21-year-old son Tim to find out what happened. Aiding in the investigation is Harry’s former Pokémon partner, Detective Pikachu: a hilariously wise-cracking, adorable super-sleuth who is a puzzlement even to himself. Finding that they are uniquely equipped to communicate with one another, Tim and Pikachu join forces on a thrilling adventure to unravel the tangled mystery. Chasing clues together through the neon-lit streets of Ryme City—a sprawling, modern metropolis where humans and Pokémon live side by side in a hyper-realistic live-action world—they encounter a diverse cast of Pokémon characters and uncover a shocking plot that could destroy this peaceful co-existence and threaten the whole Pokémon universe.

“POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” also stars Justice Smith (“Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”) as Tim; Kathryn Newton (“Lady Bird,” TV’s “Big Little Lies”) as Lucy, a junior reporter following her first big story; and Oscar nominee Ken Watanabe (“Godzilla,” “The Last Samurai”) as Lt. Yoshida.

Directed by Rob Letterman (“Goosebumps,” “Monsters Vs. Aliens”), the “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” creative filmmaking team includes two-time Oscar nominated director of photography John Mathieson (“The Phantom of the Opera,” “Gladiator”), production designer Nigel Phelps (“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Lies”) and Oscar-winning editor Mark Sanger (“Gravity”). Visual effects are by Moving Picture Company (“Wonder Woman”) and Framestore (“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”).
POKÉMON Detective Pikachu is set for release on Friday, May 10, 2019.

This...actually looks kinda awesome, certainly far better than it has any right to be. I'm sold, I think.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 11-12-2018 at 02:34 PM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Crazy! That looks like great fun. I might actually have to go see it. (Who am I kidding, my daughter is totally going to drag me to it anyway.)
Old 11-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #3
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Old 11-13-2018, 01:15 PM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Crazy! That looks like great fun. I might actually have to go see it.
It looks like a ton of fun, truth be told.
I went from general curiosity mixed with the intention of passing it up completely, to being pretty sure I'll catch it in theaters. It probably won't be the opening weekend...but it looks like a good time.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:54 PM   #5
HB_IKE
Evil Dead

I was ruling this move out of the list
but after the trailer ... god damn
HB_IKE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
detective pikachu, legendary, nintendo, pikachu, pokémon