Last post by shadow763
Today 05:38 AM
13 Replies, 866 Views

Old 09-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Creed II Trailer

Quote:
Life has become a balancing act for Adonis Creed. Between personal obligations and training for his next big fight, he is up against the challenge of his life. Facing an opponent with ties to his family’s past only intensifies his impending battle in the ring. Rocky Balboa is there by his side through it all and, together, Rocky and Adonis will confront their shared legacy, question what’s worth fighting for, and discover that nothing’s more important than family. Creed II is about going back to basics to rediscover what made you a champion in the first place, and remembering that, no matter where you go, you can’t escape your history.

In theaters November 21st.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:45 PM   #3
Meeks
Evil Dead

Looks pretty solid, actually
Old 09-26-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
wunshot
Subscriber

Hell yeah. Michael B Jordan is the best actor of his generation. Loved that guy ever since he was in The Wire.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #5
Azzy
Cthulian

That summarization copy makes me want to throw up all over the place. What a cliched, hack, worthless piece of shit that paragraph is. "Question what's worth fighting for and discover that nothing's more important than family." Are you fucking kidding me?
The movie looks good and I love the franchise but this eighth-grade book report bullshit needs a fucking enema.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:54 AM   #6
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Still haven't watched the first one. Keep thinking I'll get around to it, but just don't care enough. Guess it's not my cup of tea.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:54 AM   #7
Azrael
Evil Dead

1st film was good, i'm into this. Agree with Wunshot, Michael B Jordan is a good actor.

Calling it now though, they will make him lose in some heroic way that tries to paint it as a victory
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:01 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I like Michael B. Jordan, but I thought Creed was a slog. It has a few good moments, but far too much of him just moping around feeling sorry for himself and not enough of the enthusiasm and boxing that made the first couple of Rocky films great.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:44 AM   #9
EGO
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I like Michael B. Jordan, but I thought Creed was a slog. It has a few good moments, but far too much of him just moping around feeling sorry for himself and not enough of the enthusiasm and boxing that made the first couple of Rocky films great.
It felt a lot like Rocky 1, but YMMV. A lot of it has to do with if you empathized with the character. At first, I found him annoying, then he grew on me, then I was all-in.

This one looks to kick things up to the more glossy levels of Rocky 2 & 3, versus the grit of Rocky 1.

Probably the right progression. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #10
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

I liked the first one but I don't care much for this plot. Creed's kid fights Drago's kid. Really? No depth to these characters? Just kids taking up the same fight all over again?

Why can't Drago's kid be at odds with his father? Maybe Adonis' misplaced anger has him pushing for this fight, and Drago's kid wants it to improve the relationship with his dad. Maybe Drago and Rocky are friendly, and neither wants these two to fight. But they're old and the fighting game is for the young, and they're going to do what they're going to do.

I mean, give these characters some complexity for their motivations. Rocky IV ended on a positive note. Now Drago's back to being a stock "bad guy?"

I know it's just a trailer, but I thought the first one was good and had hopes for it. Maybe it'll still be good and I'm expecting too much. But "good guy son vs bad guy son" is a boring start.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creed ii