2 Replies, 180 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 07:47 PM
7 Replies, 247 Views

Old 04-03-2020, 07:02 AM   #701
RAV
Evil Dead

The high risk of infections in city life was one of the main reasons advanced cultures throughout all history were forced to develop ever better standards for behavior. It's always been this way. (the other big reason being the need to regulate aggression in small territory) When you look at Japan, a lot of people crammed in little space with nowhere to go, all they could do was become more obsessive with cleanliness and social rules of engagement. So that's what they are, and why we've seemed to barbaric to them. Even on perfectly normal days, you've always seen them run around with those face masks through crowded places. Guess the world will become more like Japan. So either we get a lot more cultivated, or we'll just hang out in virtual reality, lol. I could imagine that a lot of the service sector virtualizes. From being a waitress in a bar, back to cam girl on twitch, lol.

Would be funny if in a few months it's all normal again as if nothing happened.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:32 AM   #702
RAV
Evil Dead

So I wanna emphasize this point: it's always been this way. Nothing actually changed.
It only seems to change now because we've been living a social pipe dream for the last 50 years or so.
But that is nothing in the greater scheme of human development. We are merely rediscovering why people did what they've always done.

People today think that every decision you make in life is just a question of lifestyle choice. Be whatever you wanna be, do whatever you wanna do.
But the development of cultures and behaviors has always been controlled by the essential need to survive.
This crisis we are going through now, which is really an ordinary event by historical standards, is a little reminder of that.
The basic problems of life don't just disappear because we have smart phones. The "human hardware" hasn't really changed that much in the last couple thousand years.

So anyway, I don't really expect that from now on everyone's becoming a totally isolated hermit forever on.
Grouping up has too many other advantages, so eventually people will figure how you can savely do that. It's always been like that.
At the end of the day, we also have the essential need to "get in touch" with others, for example to find a good mate for procreation.
This evolutionary pressure has always driven risk takers to find ways around the problems.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:00 AM   #703
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Unless the treatments and forthcoming vaccines are a complete failure, I think things will eventually get to a new normal kind of soon. Maybe it won't happen very soon but it won't wait generations to happen. Of course that's if things goes relatively well over the next few months. If not, you know the old scenario: Hard times breed hard men -> hard men produce easy times -> easy times breed soft men -> soft men produce hard times. Well we're in a bit of a hard time now. Maybe it will get harder and maybe it won't. Either way, we'll soften up again, eventually.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:25 AM   #704
Booda
Beam another Blast

Probably what it's gonna look like going back to work in the not too distant future.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #705
Terran
Evil Dead

A Patriot through and through.

Robert Kraft sends 300,000 masks to NY on his own dime and his own plane(s).

Quote:
Patriots owner Robert Kraft, appearing Thursday night on CNN, explained why he wanted to purchase and send to New York City 300,000 of the 1.2 million N95 masks the team’s plane retrieved from China.

“I’ve been watching Governor [Andrew] Cuomo over the last few weeks, and I just think he’s done an outstanding job,” Kraft said. “He’s at the epicenter of this crisis, and he has a calming way about him and he brings confidence.

“And I have a personal tie to New York City. Columbia was good to me and gave me a full scholarship as a kid. I love the city, I love the people there. I don’t think what’s going on is something any of us could imagine.”
A lot of respect for him. Not a perfect person...nobody is...but he DID something he did NOT have to do in order to help others. Class act!

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:23 PM   #706
blackzc
Evil Dead

I wonder what the violent crime rate is right now with everything shut down. Apparently all the cops are busy on domestic violence calls. I may take a ride downtown tonight and see what things are looking like.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:33 PM   #707
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I wonder what the violent crime rate is right now with everything shut down. Apparently all the cops are busy on domestic violence calls. I may take a ride downtown tonight and see what things are looking like.
I wouldn't unless you are heavily armed.

Well unless you live in some place like Great Falls, MT. Or Cedar Rapids, or some place occupied by uh, normal people (yeah, that's the ticket, NORMAL people!) where it's probably safe. At least for now.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:30 PM   #708
Eats
Developer

https://youtu.be/NAh4uS4f78o

I hear the Murdoch's are getting their legal team ready. Fox News has a lot of older viewers and some of them are going to die. I don't know what kind of legal exposure Fox News has here but they definitely have some.

They have really cracked down on what their people are saying now, but I'm surprising they didn't act faster on this. You can only gas light about slow moving disasters like global warming, not something like this.

The end of that video is so crazy. It is like full on 1984 trying to rewrite history from just a few weeks ago.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #709
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:

I hear the Murdoch's are getting their legal team ready. Fox News has a lot of older viewers and some of them are going to die. I don't know what kind of legal exposure Fox News has here but they definitely have some.

They have really cracked down on what their people are saying now, but I'm surprising they didn't act faster on this. You can only gas light about slow moving disasters like global warming, not something like this.

The end of that video is so crazy. It is like full on 1984 trying to rewrite history from just a few weeks ago.
My god you're such a retarded piece of shit.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:12 PM   #710
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
As much as Pelosi, de Blasio, and the like?
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:25 PM   #711
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
As much as Pelosi, de Blasio, and the like?
Politicians aren't liable in this situation. Fox News is supposed to be a news channel and trafficked in information that goes against the advice of the medical community. Fox news watchers are going to die. They will have cause to go after Fox News for damages in civil court. That is what the Murdoch's are afraid of. That is why Fox News fired Trish Regan.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/b...ronavirus.html
Old 04-04-2020, 07:55 PM   #712
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Politicians aren't liable in this situation. Fox News is supposed to be a news channel and trafficked in information that goes against the advice of the medical community. Fox news watchers are going to die. They will have cause to go after Fox News for damages in civil court. That is what the Murdoch's are afraid of. That is why Fox News fired Trish Regan.
You are, of course, factually wrong. Politicians can also face civil lawsuits for libel.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:14 PM   #713
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

An interesting bit I find with some is that they don't seem to care about China's disinformation campaign, their reportedly fake twitter accounts pushing tweets to fit their narrative, or anything else China has done when they were asking for just shy of WWIII over Russian twitter bots.

It's known that China lied and concealed information related to the Wuhan virus, which has resulted in more thousands of Americans dying. China still appears to be lying regarding the virus. Yet some people certainly seem more upset over Russia's actions in the previous election than what's going on now, and I believe that's horrific and quite telling. In fact, I think it's worse; some appear to be quite happy to try and twist such a situation into a political gain for their political tastes. It's fiendish, and I think says a lot about how far they'd go to force their political will.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:29 PM   #714
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
It is like full on 1984 trying to rewrite history from just a few weeks ago.
Joe Biden: I was for the ban on travel to/from China before I was against it!

You're a dumb, partisan hack, lol.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #715
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:

Who gives a fuck, CNN does this all day err day, hur dur.

So cray cray....

Do you even retain information in that pea brain of yours?
Old 04-05-2020, 01:55 PM   #716
Eats
Developer

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/george-w-b...opstories.html
Old 04-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #717
Eats
Developer

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...virus-symptoms

Herd immunity was a great plan...

I wonder if they will delay Brexit again. I can't imagine their preparations are on schedule with everything that is happening right now.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:01 PM   #718
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Tell that to Obama who obviously didn't prepare after H1N1. Oh wait I forgot, you're the biggest partisan piece of shit on this entire board.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #719
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Tell that to Obama who obviously didn't prepare after H1N1. Oh wait I forgot, you're the biggest partisan piece of shit on this entire board.
Oh yes, the great h1n1 crisis that shut down the entire country for months. What a massive failure.

IRL, I don't understand how supply lines and organization hasn't been run through the federal government. They keep saying this is a war, but they aren't managing it like a war. It shouldn't be a free for all between the states. If you guys can't see how retarded that is then there isn't a lot to say, because I am not going to argue about whether the sky is blue or not.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:31 PM   #720
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Oh yes, the great h1n1 crisis that shut down the entire country for months. What a massive failure.

IRL, I don't understand how supply lines and organization hasn't been run through the federal government. They keep saying this is a war, but they aren't managing it like a war. It shouldn't be a free for all between the states. If you guys can't see how retarded that is then there isn't a lot to say, because I am not going to argue about whether the sky is blue or not.
The great H1N1 that Obozo ignored for 7 months while 1000's of American's died, yep the one and the same. If all our factories hadn't been shipped off to China on the cheap for decades we'd be way ahead of this. As it is you have business in the US now shifting their manufacturing to provide masks. I doubt this would have happened under Hillary's watch or Obama's. What's retarded is how much of a fucking shill you are for communists.