Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 05:21 AM
4 Replies, 856 Views

Old 08-12-2018, 11:04 AM   #1
IGXGamingTV
Game. Stream. Beer.

Black Ops 4 Beta Game Highlights and Thoughts

Played some of the Black Ops 4 beta over the past two weekends and I have to say that I am actually enjoying it. Truth be told, Iím not a fan of Treyarch either and I prefer the Modern Warfare series mainly because of the hit detection is so much better in multiplayer, but ever since the battle royale genre has become main stream, Iím begging for just any good shooter at this point.

Click here to continue reading ...
Old 08-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
IGXGamingTV
Game. Stream. Beer.

The time-to-kill (TTK) in this game isn’t bad and doesn’t seem as long as it did in BLOPS 1 or 2, but the automatic regeneration of health is now gone and that brings in a new component to the game never seen before. One of the new things added to this game is that you have to manually regenerate your health. After gun fights, one literally has to decide whether to reload or regenerate health before engaging the enemy. I typically went for the regeneration of health because I have fast mags and this gives me some survivability, but sometimes it didn’t work out.

Overall, the game could use some tweaking as it is a beta after all. For example, I would like to see the TTK to be lowered just a tad. In some cases, I felt like I would just unload bullets into opponents and they would just turn around and one shot me. Granted it could be my potato aim, but still I hate beating a guy to the draw only to have him destroy me in the overall battle.

Another tweak Treyarch needs to consider is the snipers in this game. Sniping is so damn easy, I can do it! I would get no scopes and quick scopes so quickly one could argue I am a FaZe clan member. On the other hand, though, I would beat a guy only to have him or her destroy me with a quick scope. Very frustrating to say the least, but it’s there and my gut feeling is that more than likely Treyarch keeps it in the game.

I already pre-ordered the Playstation 4 version and I am looking forward to October to grinding this thing out. After two years of playing Battlefield 4 and Black Ops 3, I relish for something new and fresh that does require the player to build skyscrapers while trying to shoot someone.

Check out the gameplay below and let me know your thoughts, if any, about the beta. Have a good rest of the weekend!

Old 08-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #3
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Interesting review. One reviewer on YT said his biggest problem with the game was the TTK.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #4
IGXGamingTV
Game. Stream. Beer.

I honestly didn't mind it. It's no COD4, MW2, or MW3 don't get me wrong, but it isn't as bad as past Treyarch games. I agree, though, it does need some adjustments. Thank you for the feedback!
Old 08-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGXGamingTV View Post
I already pre-ordered the Playstation 4 version and I am looking forward to October to grinding this thing out. After two years of playing Battlefield 4 and Black Ops 3, I relish for something new and fresh that does require the player to build skyscrapers while trying to shoot someone.
I should be getting a copy of the game, but I will be spending most of my time in Red Dead Redemption 2 Online and/or Destiny 2 Forsaken.

Stealing Horses is the new Grand Theft Auto.

I will try to get in a few matches with you!
Old 08-12-2018, 02:32 PM   #6
GodFather
Evil Dead

My review of the BO4 is simply this

The Good:
Its call of duty

The Bad:
Its call of duty
GodFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #7
IGXGamingTV
Game. Stream. Beer.

LOL .... Fair enough!
Old 08-14-2018, 01:21 AM   #8
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

I played a few rounds on PC over the weekend. It's fine, no big complaints or props. I don't see myself buying it at launch, but perhaps I'll pick it up later on sale or something. The lack of a campaign annoys me, but I haven't actually finished a COD campaign since Advanced Warfare I think. However, I still play them for a bit to get used to whatever is new this time around.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote