Destiny 2 Gambit's Free...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 11:30 AM
2 Replies, 298 Views

Old 03-28-2018, 05:00 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

John Cena Set to Play Duke Nukem in Movie

PCGamesN has word that John Cena is set to play a Duke Nukem in the upcoming film.

Quote:
Update, March 27: The producers of the upcoming Duke Nukem film have confirmed that 16-time world champion John Cena is penciled in for the title role.

John Cena may not have a road to WrestleMania, but he does have a road to Duke Nukem. In response to rumors earlier this year, the producers of the upcoming Duke film have confirmed that Cena is (tentatively) on board for the title role.

The movie’s in the very early stages of production - so early it might a stretch to even say “production.” But as of now, Cena is set to star, producer Andrew Form tells CinemaBlend. “We don't have a script yet, so that is confirmed at this point but if he reads the script and he doesn't like the script I'm sure there's ways that he could pull out, but right now he's our guy.”

Form also says the movie is taking lessons from Deadpool in striking the right tone. The issue of how to update Duke for an audience who weren’t 14 in 1996 has been a question ever since word of the film has snuck out, and Form says “It's going to be about tone. That's about tone. How do you nail that tone in the way that Deadpool nailed the tone? I think we have to do that and if we don't get the tone right then we're not going to make the movie.”
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:08 AM   #2
Rommel
International Playboy

Well, that's fucking perfect.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:35 AM   #3
Azrael
Evil Dead

Hail to the king baby...

Honestly I know John Cena from the internet and that he is a wrestler, otherwise he is unknown to me. Would love to say I wont see this film though sadly i probably will at some point
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:45 AM   #4
GodFather
Evil Dead

The real question is what will tank worse, the last Duke game or this movie?
GodFather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:11 PM   #5
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Hail to the king baby...

Honestly I know John Cena from the internet and that he is a wrestler, otherwise he is unknown to me. Would love to say I wont see this film though sadly i probably will at some point
I don't watch wrestling, haven't since I was about 12. However, I've seen John Cena a lot over the years, and I like him. He comes off as a genuinely cool and intelligent guy.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:02 AM   #6
Karai Pantsu
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
However, I've seen John Cena a lot over the years, and I like him. He comes off as a genuinely cool and intelligent guy.
So, the opposite of Duke Nukem.

I don't think they can capture the character with Cena and still keep his image intact. He's got the look and the voice, but I don't think he can be Nukem successfully.
Karai Pantsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:07 AM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

This is not a character that can be tolerated by progressive America today. They will either remake the character completely into a beta male eunuch unrecognizable to those who actually know who and what the original character is, or they will draw the ire of the progressive mob and ruin anyone too closely affiliated with the film, like Cena...the director...the studio...etc.

So they have no actual market for this film. Conservatives who even know about him think Duke, as a video game character, is a retarded waste of their time, and progressives who know of him think he's a regressive misogynistic chauvinist. The rest don't know about him and won't care until they hear about his behavior and run to the warm embrace of the progressive pitchfork society.

#Failboat
#StupidFuckingIdea

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:29 AM   #8
Kobeer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
This is not a character that can be tolerated by progressive America today. They will either remake the character completely into a beta male eunuch unrecognizable to those who actually know who and what the original character is, or they will draw the ire of the progressive mob and ruin anyone too closely affiliated with the film, like Cena...the director...the studio...etc.

So they have no actual market for this film. Conservatives who even know about him think Duke, as a video game character, is a retarded waste of their time, and progressives who know of him think he's a regressive misogynistic chauvinist. The rest don't know about him and won't care until they hear about his behavior and run to the warm embrace of the progressive pitchfork society.

#Failboat
#StupidFuckingIdea
I'm still gonna hold out some hope for this. We will see though, you get a free "told ya so" when you're right though.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:42 PM   #9
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Duke Nukem was a character before Duke Nukem 3D. They have some lateral space to maneuver his characterization away from what they made him into in Duke Forever.

The key would be for them to make it smart. If they make it dumb like straight "comedy" films, it's going to fail. In fact, the best thing they could do would be to attack the people who don't want this character to exist. Blow up Anita sarkesian in the film and you've already sold a few thousand tickets.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duke nukem