Yesterday 08:58 PM
6 Replies, 305 Views
» Promotion

Old 11-08-2017, 08:24 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Call of Duty: WWII Launches with Over $500 Million in Global Sales

Quote:
Activision’s Call of Duty: WWII has surpassed more than $500 million in sell-through worldwide in its first three days of release, according to company estimates. On PlayStation 4, Call of Duty: WWII set a record as the best-selling digital full game by units sold on its first day of availability. Overall unit sales at launch doubled year-over-year globally.

The gripping, personal narrative, boots-on-the-ground multiplayer and terrifying nazi zombies mode attracted players worldwide resulting in the highest total connected users on current generation consoles and PC in Call of Duty history.

“We challenged our players to get their squads back together and they answered the call, with the highest number of players we’ve ever seen on current gen consoles and PC,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision. “Call of Duty: WWII returns the franchise to its roots and the results are incredible, selling twice as many units in its opening weekend as last year, and setting the day one record for full-game downloads on PlayStation 4. Our $500 million opening weekend was not only bigger than Thor: Ragnarok’s, it was bigger than the opening weekends of both Thor and Wonder Woman combined. And we’re committed to supporting the community with continuous improvements and new content.”

Figures include Call of Duty: WWII retail and digital sell-through, and reported movie sales, each for the opening three-days following initial launch, according to publicly-available data, retail customer sell-through information and internal Activision estimates. Digital downloads of Call of Duty: WWII is based on unit sell-through on first day of availability.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #2
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

A solid name can carry a pile of shit to victory.
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:06 AM   #3
hurstshifter
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPixel View Post
A solid name can carry a pile of shit to victory.
hurstshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:28 AM   #4
Terran
Evil Dead

lol, hurst, that is hilarious.

CoD is like chicken pox...it's coming back again next year, lol. And the year after that. Forever.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #5
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
CoD is like chicken pox...it's coming back again next year, lol. And the year after that. Forever.
Exactly.

Here's s sneak peek at CoD 2018.

Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #6
brandonjclark
Subscriber

I don't understand it. CoD is a solid FPS single player experience. However, it's mulitplayer, while it has advanced, is so overshadowed with better squad-based games like Battlefield that I have a hard time believing that someone would rather play CoD more.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:59 PM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I don't understand it.
I consider that a point in your favor, lol.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:33 PM   #8
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I don't understand it. CoD is a solid FPS single player experience. However, it's mulitplayer, while it has advanced, is so overshadowed with better squad-based games like Battlefield that I have a hard time believing that someone would rather play CoD more.
The single player experience is boring. Nothing will beat their first iteration of d-day and the perfectly scripted shell shock moment as you traverse the beach. They didn't even have that here just oh follow this guy and get hit a lot. The movement through the trenches and clearing the bunkers was so underwhelming the only way I could see this being any kind of experience is if it was co-op which I'm betting is the only reason people are even playing the single player.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #9
actusoul
Evil Dead

I have bought COD and battlefield that last couple of years. This year I am sticking with Battlefield. I played COD at a friends. Battlefield is so much better now.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #10
MadMurdock_0311
Soul Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
The single player experience is boring. Nothing will beat their first iteration of d-day and the perfectly scripted shell shock moment as you traverse the beach. They didn't even have that here just oh follow this guy and get hit a lot. The movement through the trenches and clearing the bunkers was so underwhelming the only way I could see this being any kind of experience is if it was co-op which I'm betting is the only reason people are even playing the single player.
The only reason I would have bought this game (on sale) is for the SP campaign. Unfortunately, the general consensus is that it sucks hard.

I still am amazed at how well this series sells. I was sick of it after MW 2 (but enjoyed Black Ops I and III).
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
call of duty wwii