699 Replies, 68,996 Views
Party Up with Daemons to...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 06:46 AM
0 Replies, 335 Views

Old 11-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Expansion Announced For PC And Xbox One, Trailer

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:
An ancient entity known as The Elder has challenged the Shaper's control of the Atlas of Worlds. Explore maps ravaged by their conflict.

As The Elder grows more powerful, he will consume The Shaper's creations to manifest his own Guardians. The stronger the consumed boss, the stronger The Elder is when you face him.

The Atlas has been redrawn. Find your way to the centre through new paths and discover new challenges along the way. War for the Atlas adds 32 maps to Path of Exile's ever-evolving end-game.
Thanks, Game Informer!
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #3
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

These guys do micro transactions the right way and I continue to support them by buying packs once or twice a year, pretty much since beta. Even if I only play 1 character to level 75 every season, there is always a reason to come back for new content.

PoE is a complex game, but GGG knows their space in the industry.
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

I know this game is pretty popular, but it's one I've always ignored and/or written off for an admittedly dumb reason: It follows the annoying free-to-play naming convention of "<Object> of <Concept>".
Old 11-17-2017, 07:28 AM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

I'm enjoying this game a lot, but I do not like their death penalty (gameplay, loss of xp). Harsh!!!
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #6
MadMurdock_0311
Soul Reaper

I've tried this game on multiple occasions, but it always fails to grab me. I just cannot get into it for some reason.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:29 AM   #7
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I've tried this game on multiple occasions, but it always fails to grab me. I just cannot get into it for some reason.
Same here. I've given it maybe three tries now? I just find the abilities and "classes" extremely lackluster both visually and mechanically. Maybe it gets better, but I can't be bothered to stick with it long enough to find out.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #8
Karai Pantsu
Evil Dead

The classes aren't really distinct until you get your class-specific asecndancies in order. Because it's so easy to traverse the monstrosity of a skill tree, you can do pretty much anything with any class to moderate success; to truly specialize and excel, you have to get your ascendancy choices correct.

Being said, they're fucking over the new main build I started in Harbinger league slightly after nerfing my previous main into the fucking dirt. I'm kinda pissed.
Karai Pantsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:15 PM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

I first tried PoE for around an hour three years ago and dropped it until about a month back. Not sure what held me this time as opposed to then, but this is my favorite genre and I've mined D3 as far as my interest in that dead end will take me.

Give yourself a few hours of play to really see if you like it, and use Poe.trade to get a few leveling items to make things a bit easier. Lots of stuff for quite cheap using in-game currency.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #10
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai Pantsu View Post
The classes aren't really distinct until you get your class-specific asecndancies in order. Because it's so easy to traverse the monstrosity of a skill tree, you can do pretty much anything with any class to moderate success; to truly specialize and excel, you have to get your ascendancy choices correct.

Being said, they're fucking over the new main build I started in Harbinger league slightly after nerfing my previous main into the fucking dirt. I'm kinda pissed.
Honestly once you get the feel for what you want to do including how to use the filtre for the tree it's a lot easier than you think. Pick out a main attack, buffs for the main attack and something a little extra that's a set it and forget it. Look up what skills will augment your main skill in the tree and go for most of those nodes while obtaining whatever survival nodes you need. Messed up? That's okay you can respec somewhat.

Tags
path of exile, war for the atlas