Valve announces...
Last post by karaliusbronius
Today 07:40 AM
11 Replies, 554 Views

Old 10-28-2019, 08:10 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Joker Jumps Back into the #1 Spot

It's a narrow race at the top of the box office, but based on estimates WB's Joker was able to return to the weekend #1 spot after a brief respite last weekend when Disney's Maleficent: Mistress of Evil took the top spot.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of October 25th to October 27th, 2019.
  1. Joker $18.9/$277.5
  2. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil $18.5/$65.4
  3. The Addams Family $11.7/$72.8
  4. Zombieland: Double Tap $11.6/$47.0
  5. Countdown $9.0/$9.0
  6. Black and Blue $8.3/$8.3
  7. Gemini Man $4.0/$43.3
  8. The Lighthouse $3.0/$3.6
  9. The Current War: Director's Cut $2.7/$2.7
  10. Abominable $2.0/$56.8
  11. Downton Abbey $1.9/$92.2
  12. Parasite $1.8/$4.1
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:21 AM   #2
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

I am late to the party... I just saw Joker for the first time the past weekend.

It was fantastic... a really well done movie, the photography, music, dialogue.. and of course Phoenix's portrayal of Joker was incredible.

Movie of the year for me, hands down.
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

I watched the Terminator film, which is still on over here in the U.K. Meh. It had moments. A bit of laughter. Reasonable fight scenes but nothing really new.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
I watched the Terminator film, which is still on over here in the U.K. Meh. It had moments. A bit of laughter. Reasonable fight scenes but nothing really new.
I love Terminator. But there is nothing that will draw me to Terminator: Dark Fate. I even liked Salvation given its many flaws.

I haven't seen one single image that makes me want to pay a ticket to see it. None.

The Terminator should be scary, something that inspire terror on the watcher (Arnold and Robert Patrick were perfect in their roles). This new terminator (and their hybrid female costar) don't inspire any feelings in me.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:19 PM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Joker has been out for weeks now and not one shooting in a theater. These incels need to step up their game. They are not only a disappointment to their parents and women but also to me.

Of course I suppose if they had any game they wouldn't be incels.

I'm glad to see Joker retake #1, it deserves many more weeks at #1 compared to most of the rest of the junk in that list. I don't think it is a movie that I will sit and watch a 2nd time but I'm glad I saw it in the theater.

You don't need to see it in the theater, it will play just fine on the TV since there's no panoramas or shots or special effects which I would normally attribute to a "must see in the theater" movie but I wouldn't wait for this to hit video.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:09 PM   #6
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Incels?

"Incels, a portmanteau of "involuntary celibates", are members of an online subculture who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom."

I learn something, that I really wished I didn't learn, each and every single day.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:24 PM   #7
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Incels?

"Incels, a portmanteau of "involuntary celibates", are members of an online subculture who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom."

I learn something, that I really wished I didn't learn, each and every single day.
"Incel" is the new word of the year (like "emoji" a couple years back). I'm actually kinda surprised there weren't any shootings. That movie was disturbing AF, and it was pretty much a call to arms for all the incels of the world.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #8
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

I suppose it depends on whether or not the current 'Incels' are woke/lit?
Old 10-28-2019, 02:06 PM   #9
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
.... and it was pretty much a call to arms for all the incels of the world.
I saw the movie and i didn't see what the hell are you talking about.

It as a disturbing movie of course , but i don't think it enables anyone to take over the world....
Old 10-28-2019, 03:01 PM   #10
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NACIONAL View Post
I saw the movie and i didn't see what the hell are you talking about.

It as a disturbing movie of course , but i don't think it enables anyone to take over the world....
It was sort of latched onto and sold that way by some parts of the MSM. As far as "incel" goes, in my experience, it's mostly hurled about by left leaning folks who want to really make their right leaning opponent mad. It's sort of how people incorrectly use "snowflake." It's sort of the flavor of the day insult.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:11 AM   #11
Rommel
International Playboy

I saw the weekend before last, first time in a theater in a long time after the SO finished her post-doc abroad and she came home. WE LOVED IT! I was so hesitant for this film based on the coming attractions but instead found a modern day Taxi Driver with a comic book overlay. Brilliant acting, surprises and an ending that leaves you to think. Obviously I appreciated the condemnation to class-warfare and socio-economic tribalism, as well.

Quote:
Joker has been out for weeks now and not one shooting in a theater. These incels need to step up their game. They are not only a disappointment to their parents and women but also to me.
I've been saying this since the lorry attack in Canada: Incels don't exist! It was a small community on a webpage, probably the size of this one. The media picked it up, as they do with neologisms like "Wilding" and other moral panics and it swelled the awareness beyond its measure. Once the media stops quoting it as a term of interest, the communities (Which are still infinitesimal) will contract below even their pre-notice numbers and evaporate in favor of the next fad identity.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 05:39 AM   #12
walstib
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
"Incel" is the new word of the year (like "emoji" a couple years back). I'm actually kinda surprised there weren't any shootings. That movie was disturbing AF, and it was pretty much a call to arms for all the incels of the world.
bullshit. the Joker while violent was hardly more so than just about any other movie with guns. i think a total of 6 people were killed and the violence was not anything we haven’t seen countless times. including the ridicule, kicking a man when he is down, etc. this was nothing new.

loved the movie and the marketing was genius by playing up something that is just not true.
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:11 PM   #13
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
I suppose it depends on whether or not the current 'Incels' are woke/lit?
That is not how it works. Incels is the new catchall for young-male sociopaths like the Aurora, New Zealand mosque and Columbine shooters. These are people who are so socially radical and awkward that they could never find someone to love them back, hence them being involuntarily celebrate (Incel).
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart