Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 06:33 PM
16 Replies, 1,509 Views

Old 12-03-2018, 07:16 AM   #41
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Don't bother asking for anything like that; you'll just get references to some ephemeral moment in the Beforefore Time when you met his criteria for being a Whiny Bitch™.
Serious question, is there anyone on this site he has not accused of being a progressive / SJW yet?
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #42
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Serious question, is there anyone on this site he has not accused of being a progressive / SJW yet?
You cuties care too much about each other. Does his accusations effect you when you go to work? When you get home and have dinner?

The amount of fucks I give when a rando on the internet talks is zero. Which makes me wonder why you made an entire post asking soldiers who else has been offended by him. Are you gearing up for the Great Evil Avatar War?

Literally everyone needs to fuck off.

Alien is a 10

Prometheus is a 9

Covenant is an 8.

Please note that I did say everyone. We are in the age of "my" truth. Not THE truth.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:00 AM   #43
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Sorry, but the amount of dumb shit we have to wade through gets annoying here. I don't care about anyone's politics, feelings, or moral beliefs. I just care about games and movies.

Feel free to give us your political and moral opinions. And feel free to fuck off. (FFTFO).

Go Against the Flow.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #44
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
You cuties care too much about each other. Does his accusations effect you when you go to work? When you get home and have dinner?

The amount of fucks I give when a rando on the internet talks is zero. Which makes me wonder why you made an entire post asking soldiers who else has been offended by him. Are you gearing up for the Great Evil Avatar War?

Alien is a 10

Prometheus is a 9

Covenant is an 8.

Please note that I did say everyone. We are in the age of "my" truth. Not THE truth.
This is fairly illegible but for the record, I've never made a post about spectral (or anyone else).

Regarding Prometheus (and seeing as how we are copy/pasting):

* The hand picked from all of humanity 'mapping expert' gets lost within seconds of being left alone.
* The protagonist is a future scientist who thinks she has found the root of mankinds creation and it leads to an alien civilisation yet she is somehow deeply religious.
* When the engineer wakes up and is confronted by mankind for the first time, literally his first action is to punch someone.
* Hand picked scientist who has been sent to potentially makes contact with an alien race walks into a room full of skulls and bones. Some black goo then starts moving. His response is to put his face next to the goo and literally start making baby talk at it.
* Ships captain has heard some of this stuff on the radio, that's it, he's seen next to nothing himself. He then commits to a suicide run.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:54 AM   #45
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Care to give a single example of this?

Did I offend you when I reminded you that everyone hates you? Please remember that Spectral, everyone here HATES you.
This is a great example right here. Or the often SJW bullshit you peddle. Please continue to be offended by words you don't like, you precious little snowflake.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:23 AM   #46
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
This is a great example right here. Or the often SJW bullshit you peddle. Please continue to be offended by words you don't like, you precious little snowflake.
err i'm not offended by anything you've ever said, do you get to decide when i'm offended? I'm simply reminding you that no one likes you (please never forget that everyone on evil avatar fucking hates you). Do you know what offended means?
Old 12-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #47
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Prometheus and Covenant were awesome movies in my book. I know not everyone liked them, but I was more than satisfied with both of them.
I'm in your camp too.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #48
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

I thought Prometheus looked awesome but it had an odd mix of characters I loved and characters I hated. Overall I enjoyed it enough but I can understand and even agree with some of the hate.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:33 PM   #49
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
err i'm not offended by anything you've ever said, do you get to decide when i'm offended? I'm simply reminding you that no one likes you (please never forget that everyone on evil avatar fucking hates you). Do you know what offended means?
You kept repeating this as if I should give 2 shits what some random asshat thinks of me on the internet. Obviously I've offended you, I've likely offended any left leaning idiots on this site, and guess what snowflake, I don't really care!

In all honesty people like you are pretty one dimensional.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #50
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Prometheus and Covenant were awesome movies in my book. I know not everyone liked them, but I was more than satisfied with both of them.
I'm with you. I didn't parse out the plot, I just enjoyed immersing myself in the Alien universe for a few more films.

Quote:
I'll leave this right here for you for future use if you choose to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:02 AM   #51
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
This is fairly illegible but for the record, I've never made a post about spectral (or anyone else).

Regarding Prometheus (and seeing as how we are copy/pasting):

* The hand picked from all of humanity 'mapping expert' gets lost within seconds of being left alone.
* The protagonist is a future scientist who thinks she has found the root of mankinds creation and it leads to an alien civilisation yet she is somehow deeply religious.
* When the engineer wakes up and is confronted by mankind for the first time, literally his first action is to punch someone.
* Hand picked scientist who has been sent to potentially makes contact with an alien race walks into a room full of skulls and bones. Some black goo then starts moving. His response is to put his face next to the goo and literally start making baby talk at it.
* Ships captain has heard some of this stuff on the radio, that's it, he's seen next to nothing himself. He then commits to a suicide run.

I like how you pretend the quoted statement by you doesn't exist. I'm not being facetious, I really like the dedication. You literally ignore words that are right in front of your face, that you wrote. You should be a politician.

Quote:

Everything else is just typical whining. Any of us could pick apart any movie. It's easy, a child could do it by asking "why" questions. Why was the biologist stupid? Why was the cartographer stupid? etc.

My main gripe with Prometheus is the mapper being turned into a zombie. It just doesn't fit.

It's easy to cling on to whatever gripe you have. It's bottom level easy and can be done for every single movie ever made. Literally every single movie. Being able to see through the various shortcomings and appreciate the art is what makes you stand apart.

I can easily acknowledge the various problems, but I can simultaneously recognize what was done in these films that no one else would dare to approach. The positive greatly outweighs the negative. To focus on the negative is easy. A child could do it. But recognizing what is great requires intellect. Don't feel bad, this isn't about insults, this is about recognizing 100% of what these films are doing. Yes, people make dumb choices. Does that sound so different from reality? Please lie and say people aren't stupid. Even Ivy league MIT grads. There are stupid people everywhere.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #52
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yes, people make dumb choices. Does that sound so different from reality?
Sounds exactly like reality. The third leading cause of death is doctors' errors. Not failure to cure an incurable or difficult disease. Straight up fuck-ups killing people.

Smart people, doctors. Really smart.
Quote:
Old 12-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #53
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Yeah people do dumb things in real life but I do understand why fans question the team of jackasses that were sent out in Prometheus. The part with that snake thing especially bothered me. The only one with his head screwed on straight was the ship's captain.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:07 AM   #54
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Sounds exactly like reality. The third leading cause of death is doctors' errors. Not failure to cure an incurable or difficult disease. Straight up fuck-ups killing people.

Smart people, doctors. Really smart.
That's crazy, I've been hearing statistics lately about the number of doctor error deaths per year in our country. Up to 98,000 per year. It's insane!

Quote:
Yeah people do dumb things in real life but I do understand why fans question the team of jackasses that were sent out in Prometheus. The part with that snake thing especially bothered me. The only one with his head screwed on straight was the ship's captain.

I also can see why people have a problem with it, because the dude acted dumb. Talking to it like a puppy. It just doesn't bother me that much because people are like that. Maybe he was a member of PETA or something. I also view these movies as sci-fi/horror. In horror movies, everyone dies except for the "Final Girl," so I know all these characters are going to die. Some characters are more likeable than others, so you feel more anxiety when they are in trouble. Some are comical or stupid, so you feel less emotion when they die.

As stupid as the biologist is in that scene, it's a crazy ass way to die!

Go Against the Flow.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:45 AM   #55
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
But recognizing what is great requires intellect.
Please enumerate what is great in this movie that requires intellect. Please, please do that.

We've already established that apparently you think that the plot and character motivation simply doesn't matter so what exactly is going on here that you like?
Old 12-05-2018, 07:18 AM   #56
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Please enumerate what is great in this movie that requires intellect. Please, please do that.

We've already established that apparently you think that the plot and character motivation simply doesn't matter so what exactly is going on here that you like?
First of all, you're in no position of authority, so (assuming you know what enumerate means) you have no right to demand anything.

I could not care any less what you do or do not like. Hate Prometheus. I hope your life is made better by doing so.

I am here for a productive conversation, and you are clearly incapable of having any sort of multi-sided debate. It's your way of bitter hate or nothing. So it unfortunately seems we are done. Enjoy what you like. I hope you have the ability to like things.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #57
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
First of all, you're in no position of authority, so (assuming you know what enumerate means) you have no right to demand anything.

I could not care any less what you do or do not like. Hate Prometheus. I hope your life is made better by doing so.

I am here for a productive conversation, and you are clearly incapable of having any sort of multi-sided debate. It's your way of bitter hate or nothing. So it unfortunately seems we are done. Enjoy what you like. I hope you have the ability to like things.
So you got nothing, thought so. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:01 PM   #58
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
That's crazy, I've been hearing statistics lately about the number of doctor error deaths per year in our country. Up to 98,000 per year. It's insane!
Well over 250,000 a year at the LOW end.
Quote:
Old 12-06-2018, 07:24 AM   #59
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
So you got nothing, thought so. Thanks.
Nah, I just don't feel that you're worth the time it would take to list everything that is great about the film, just to have to debate it further. Your opinion isn't worth the effort. I don't care about your thoughts. This post is already tiresome as it is. I'm done with you, you are ignorant and hopeless, in regards to this topic.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:35 AM   #60
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Nah, I just don't feel that you're worth the time it would take to list everything that is great about the film, just to have to debate it further. Your opinion isn't worth the effort. I don't care about your thoughts. This post is already tiresome as it is. I'm done with you, you are ignorant and hopeless, in regards to this topic.
It isn't just this topic. He just hates the idea that someone doesn't agree with his opinion on any particular topic. It's that hive mind and echo chamber they so love.

Tags
alien blackout